Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits annex snag

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

The owners of Beaver Toyota want to move the car dealership from St. Michael's Drive to a larger location on the southwestern edge of Santa Fe.
Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Jimmy Tha Most”

Since: Sep 08

Sangre De Cristos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

and, um, so.....
OnThe285

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

IMO: Great cars, lousy dealership
Why

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

...do you call the dealership lousy? If you're going to dog something back up your claim.

“You probably already know me.”

Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Maybe Beaver Toyota could take some time and purge me from their email list. I keep asking them to get me off it, but they still leave me on it.
Why

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Sam Atakra wrote:
Maybe Beaver Toyota could take some time and purge me from their email list. I keep asking them to get me off it, but they still leave me on it.
Block their name.
NM COMMENTS

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Judged:

i knew a few of the sauters.. i liked them.

then the beavers bought it, and they had some really, really bad salespeople, and after 2 visits, i never went back. this was not long after they opened.

and then, i found out that the blonde lady beaver who does the ads, LOVES appearing in the commercials, but doesn't even stay at the dealership beyond the filming of the ads.. even though she always gives the impression she will greet you personally. she's just there to get her face on televsion.

and i figure.. if the blonde beaver lady doesn't want to greet me like she says in her commercials.. well, then "oh well" i say..

and what is this cr*p about their not wanting to reveal or even hint at plans for that site if they leave???

what is the secret?

what are they holding back?

these beavers are not genuine people. they are just out for the $$$$.

i miss old man sauter... kay? she was cute.. and willy? he would steal a silver cross shaped rattle from his own grandson..

"oh yea?" says willy, "i'll show you..." chug chug chug, "B*E*L*C*H"
Retta

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

I agree with Big Picture. Boy did they see my young son coming. Totally took advantage. From then on I now drive to Albuquerque to "Karl Malone" people there on honest and caring.
Don Diego

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Could it be the Beaver lady's hair is too big to fit within zoning restrictions?
JB WIlliams

Powhatan Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

NM COMMENTS wrote:
i knew a few of the sauters.. i liked them.
then the beavers bought it, and they had some really, really bad salespeople, and after 2 visits, i never went back. this was not long after they opened.
and then, i found out that the blonde lady beaver who does the ads, LOVES appearing in the commercials, but doesn't even stay at the dealership beyond the filming of the ads.. even though she always gives the impression she will greet you personally. she's just there to get her face on televsion.
and i figure.. if the blonde beaver lady doesn't want to greet me like she says in her commercials.. well, then "oh well" i say..
and what is this cr*p about their not wanting to reveal or even hint at plans for that site if they leave???
what is the secret?
i miss old man sauter... kay? she was cute.. and willy? he would steal a silver cross shaped rattle from his own grandson..
"oh yea?" says willy, "i'll show you..." chug chug chug, "B*E*L*C*H"
maybe they should hire WInona and her big brown beaver.
Juanita Zapata

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

It is too early in the morning for beaver talk for me...LOL!!!
JB WIlliams

Powhatan Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Mike Washburn Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the blonde Beaver lady shot those on the 80's (see big texas hair) and they were re-runs.
it is sort of naughty to use the word beaver and shot in the same sentance
Matt Calavan

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Judged:

[The "blond beaver lady" who does the Beaver Toyota commercials is Linda Beaver. Linda is one of the most beautiful humans you will ever meet. She's a devote Christian, mother of four who would give you the shirt off her back. She's also my sister. My name is Matt Calavan, the General Manager at Beaver Toyota. I am very proud of my team's accomplishments over the past seven years. When we purchased the store in 2002, we faced many opportunities. The store was selling just over 1200 new and used vehicles per year. Last year, our team delivered over 4300 new and used vehicles. We also put our money where our mouth has donated almost $1,000,000 to numerous non-profit and community organizations over the past seven years. We employ 125 outstanding employees making us one of the largest employers in Santa Fe. We've been recognized by Toyota Motor Sales for five years in a row as a Presidential Award winning dealership. This award is given to the top 10% of Toyota dealers in America. We've also receive the Best Dealership Award voted by the readers of the Santa Fe Reporter every year since we' ve been in Santa Fe. I would love to personally visit with you about your experience at the dealership which seems to have happened over seven years ago. You can reach me at the dealership ext. 116. I'm there everyday. I look forward to talking with you.
Regarding our expansion efforts and our plans with our current location? We are looking at all our options and have no immediate plans.]
[i knew a few of the sauters.. i liked them.
what is the secret?
"oh yea?" says willy, "i'll show you..." chug chug chug, "B*E*L*C*H"]
Matt Calavan

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Judged:

BIG PICTURE wrote:
They need to move 6ft under...they screwed me.
LEMON sellers
[If problems are presented, I can assure you that they are handled appropriately, in the customer's favor. Our customer service rankings among all Toyota dealership in America are in the top 5%. You are more than welcome to contact me directly at the dealership and tell me about your experience.]
Tessa Que-en

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Judged:

I bought my vehicle when the Sauters owned the Toyota dealership. For the first few years I also took my truck to the Sauter/Beaver dealership for LOFs, but after having observed the servicepeople working on vehicles from the waiting room upstairs, and having seen what goof-offs they were, I went somewhere else. I also found their service intake people to be very disrespectful.

However, the disrespectful employee isn't always the fault of the employer. Just about everywhere you go in SF, well, there they are.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

I'm impressed by Mat Calvan's response above.

I am not a customer of Beaver Toyota--the newest car I have is a 1978. However, I sometimes go window shopping. I have always been impressed with the coutious salespeople when I go by
Beaver Toyota. I have talked to several freinds and relatives, and they have been very satisfied with the autos they have purchased at Beaver Toyota.

When I decide to finally buy a new car, I think I will probably go to Beaver Toyota--good product and good, friendly service. Of course, when I finally decide to purchase a new car, the earth will shake and the heavens will open up! I hope I can get a walker/wheel chair holder by then. lol
Peaches from Santa

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

Judged:

That is really nice of you Matt (boss) at Beaver Toyota to tell us about all the great things you do. One thing though, your actions speak louder than your words.
Why is it that you, Mazda, Pontiac and all the other dealers on St. Michael's Drive and Cerrillos Road park your cars on public sidewalks?
Pedestrians can't get through.
Handicapped can't get through in wheelchairs.
And more importantly you all have ignored my endless complaints to your dealerships about this problem.
What is even worse is our officials at city hall must be fraidy cats to where they can't go make you get your vehicles off the sidewalks.
We can't see on-coming vehicles, bus stops, nothing.
I for one will not buy a car here just because you all find it so important to park your cars on our public sidewalks
If we want to see your cars, we'll park and get off and go check em out.
Albuquerque Buyer

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

Judged:

You could walk around the sales lot for 30 minutes and not one salesperson will talk to you even though they are all gathered chatting to one another. I had been there several times over the summer and fall of 2008. I ended up buying my car in Albuquerque. How do you think Linda would feel about this? Too bad she lives in Florida. She doesn't care. Matt, do you realize that your salespeople sit in the golf cart while letting potential customes wonder the lot? You'd think that in this economy your organization would bend over backwards for a sale. Guess not.

Since: Feb 09

Santa Fe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Matt Calavan wrote:
<quoted text>
[If problems are presented, I can assure you that they are handled appropriately, in the customer's favor. Our customer service rankings among all Toyota dealership in America are in the top 5%. You are more than welcome to contact me directly at the dealership and tell me about your experience.]
Well Matt,

I am one of those disgruntled customers who will not go back to Beaver Toyota. I love my 2010 Prius, which I purchased in Albuquerque, even though I am a 20 year Santa Fe resident. Oh by the way, I did speak to you on the phone about my problem and you blew me off. Nice customer service.
Peskime

Portales, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Peskime wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Matt,
I am one of those disgruntled customers who will not go back to Beaver Toyota. I love my 2010 Prius, which I purchased in Albuquerque, even though I am a 20 year Santa Fe resident. Oh by the way, I did speak to you on the phone about my problem and you blew me off. Nice customer service.
Opps,
I meant my 2009 Prius!
Idea

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Judged:

Matt,

I know a way you could ratchet up your sales. Offer a free pair of Birkenstocks to every Prius buyer.

Think about it!

Also, to note that your sister is a good Christian won't fly in Santa Fe. I am not sure what that has to do with anything anyway. I would be more inclined to buy a new car from a basketball player than a "good Christian." That comment sort of shows your lack of understanding for the very liberal Santa Fe market.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug 13 Lynne Loss 10
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Aug 8 Suz Santa Fe 2,201
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul '14 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun '14 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••