First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 22, 2009
Here is a thread where you can chat about anything you want--politics, religion, complaiants, whatever ...

Ask and ye shall receive ... lol

Location hidden

#2 Jun 22, 2009
Hi Pablo, did you know that the Defiants have recently released a CD which includes their 1966 hit song, At The End of The Highway?

I got a copy of the song from my brother. It brings back some fun memories of hanging out in Santa Fe back then.

Location hidden

#3 Jun 22, 2009
New Mexico is a nightmare for working with wood. You buy the straightest lumber you can find in Lowe's, you drive home, and in a matter of hours or less it warps, twists, and turns like a pretzel.

Why doesn't the government do something about that? I am being deprived of my civil rights.

AOL

#4 Jun 23, 2009
Dave Nelson wrote:
New Mexico is a nightmare for working with wood. You buy the straightest lumber you can find in Lowe's, you drive home, and in a matter of hours or less it warps, twists, and turns like a pretzel.
Why doesn't the government do something about that? I am being deprived of my civil rights.
Wow. I thought it was just me. I've run into the same thing. It's hard to work with wood that ends up as straight as a dam_n pretzil. I think its a plot against us. Has something to do with the Roswell thing and the Taos hummers.

“Keeping an eye on you!”

Since: Oct 08

Santa Fe

#5 Jun 23, 2009
I just bring the lumber home and set it out in the sun, then for the next few days I turn the lumber to allow it to dry. I tried to use some treated lumber for fence posts and most of them warped. Strange that all of the posts warped toward the south . LOL

Perham, MN

#6 Jun 23, 2009
if you have the option of selecting your own lumber then select quarter sawed pieces and ask if they are kiln dried.

Try going into a grocery store and buy one can of pop it's even hard to get a six pack every thing is in 12 packs. Try buying a package of six hot dog buns, they come eight to a pack. How come weather alerts come during the show but never during the damned commercials?
Zorkon 756

Kihei, HI

#7 Jun 23, 2009
Why have I started seeing these little green links to more commercials in the middle of comments here?

Are there any for Hot Cuban Girls? Dave sort of petered-out on his way to Miami and came back empty handed and in a terrible mood.

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#8 Jun 23, 2009
You stop it, right now, Zorkon!
Zorkon 756

Kihei, HI

#9 Jun 23, 2009
Dave Nelson wrote:
Block-heads have civil rights?

“Hee-hee-hee, snort!”

Laguna Beach/Santa Fe

#10 Jun 23, 2009
Whack! That's for you Zorkon.

Perham, MN

#11 Jun 23, 2009
PC Chavez wrote:
Whack! That's for you Zorkon.
PC, I'm going to get you a rubber tipped ruler, pleas don't hurt these guys, they're sensitive!{;-))

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jun 23, 2009
Rita_S wrote:
Hi Pablo, did you know that the Defiants have recently released a CD which includes their 1966 hit song, At The End of The Highway?
I got a copy of the song from my brother. It brings back some fun memories of hanging out in Santa Fe back then.
You send me back in time ... at the end of the highway there's no place to go ...

lol

AOL

#13 Jun 25, 2009
There are reports that Michael Jackson died of heart failure.

What a shame. So much talent and such a tragic life.
Cynic

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 25, 2009
Dave Nelson wrote:
If the lumber isn't warped in the yard. Lowe's and Home Depot suck. Empire has a great lumber yard, as does pro-build.

Only amateurs buy from the big box stores.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 25, 2009
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
If the lumber isn't warped in the yard. Lowe's and Home Depot suck. Empire has a great lumber yard, as does pro-build.
Only amateurs buy from the big box stores.
Do you think I am going to drive to Santa Fe from Espanola to pick up lumber? For furniture making or the such, maybe, for studs, fence posts, and landscaping timbers, no.

AOL

#16 Jun 27, 2009
Dave You would be surprised how many people drive from Santa Fe to Espanola to take advantage of the prices at the Super Walmart! The rich people on the East side keep delaying our own Super Walmart. Maby you could meet them half way and exchange lumber for groceries. lol

Life in Santa Fe.
You mom

Germany

#17 Jun 27, 2009
Srschloch Du Herrmann Wolthoff !

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jun 27, 2009
You mom wrote:
Srschloch Du Herrmann Wolthoff !
omg mamacita is speaking in tongues ha

Perham, MN

#19 Jun 27, 2009
Pablo Baca wrote:
<quoted text>
omg mamacita is speaking in tongues ha
I love it Pablo!! Right on.
pillo

Norwalk, CA

#20 Jun 30, 2009
h0la

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep 22 Darian Valdevia 30
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug '14 Lynne Loss 10
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Aug '14 Suz Santa Fe 2,201
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul '14 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun '14 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE