McCain's worldview shaped in prison camp

McCain's worldview shaped in prison camp

There are 49 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Oct 5, 2008, titled McCain's worldview shaped in prison camp. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

HANOI, Vietnam a ' The lake into which John McCain parachuted after his Navy plane was shot down is now surrounded by chic restaurants, cell-phone stores and motorcycle dealerships.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fired UP

Santa Fe, NM

#51 Oct 17, 2008
JB WIlliams wrote:
<quoted text>what kind of horses?
I have two arabians, one paint, one roman, two appies, and one quarter horse.
JB WIlliams

Powhatan Point, OH

#52 Oct 17, 2008
Fired UP wrote:
<quoted text>I think if anyone needs help - its you. This will be the last response I send to you. You will not bring me down to your level
I like to talk smack about horses. I have arabs and 1/2 arabs and some very nice paint horses. I show em: I am going to Kentucky Horse Park in 10 days!
Fired UP

Santa Fe, NM

#53 Oct 17, 2008
JB WIlliams wrote:
<quoted text>I like to talk smack about horses. I have arabs and 1/2 arabs and some very nice paint horses. I show em: I am going to Kentucky Horse Park in 10 days!
I mainly use my horses for riding, but right now I have 2 that will be giving birth in the spring. My two arabians are brothers - I got them at the age of one. I've had one for 17 years and the other for 15 years. They all think they're dogs instead of horses!
JB WIlliams

Powhatan Point, OH

#54 Oct 17, 2008
Fired UP wrote:
<quoted text>I mainly use my horses for riding, but right now I have 2 that will be giving birth in the spring. My two arabians are brothers - I got them at the age of one. I've had one for 17 years and the other for 15 years. They all think they're dogs instead of horses!
mine too! I just bought back a horrse we sold a long time ago,arab mare she was so skinny when i went to get her I almost cried. She is on 3 meals a day now! Who did you breed the mares to?
Zorkon756

Honolulu, HI

#55 Oct 17, 2008
Fired UP wrote:
<quoted text>I think if anyone needs help - its you. This will be the last response I send to you. You will not bring me down to your level
Is that a promise? Thank the Lord in heaven.

Typical republican. You don't know up from down; you go around in circles; insult my intelligence and think yourself wise.

No doubt you will continue bloviating and I'll continue calling you out. No need to answer me as you can't defend yourself anyway and obviously have no intention of trying.

Zorkon756

Honolulu, HI

#56 Oct 17, 2008
"Who did you breed the mares to?"

I wonder too.
Dave S

Algodones, NM

#57 Oct 17, 2008
Zorkon756 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a promise? Thank the Lord in heaven.
Typical republican. You don't know up from down; you go around in circles; insult my intelligence and think yourself wise.
No doubt you will continue bloviating and I'll continue calling you out. No need to answer me as you can't defend yourself anyway and obviously have no intention of trying.
You know, FiredUp, the world is full of angry little fellows who can boot a computer, get 'em a fresh cuppa and "Walter Middy" up a string of really really really vicious lines. Pen certainly is mighter than the sword....for some. Zagnut doesn't like being insulted, but you see, what stops him from belittling others is receiving back exactly what he dishes. It's probably a self image issue stemming from frustration - who knows from what. Or maybe something as simple as never getting picked other than last for kickball at school.
Zorkon756

Honolulu, HI

#58 Oct 17, 2008
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You are two peas in a pod, each trying to outdo the other in ignorance.

I haven't belittled anyone on this site. You belittle yourselves. I merely call attention to it.

But go ahead with your unethical bloviations, Obama thanks you, Democrats thank you, I thank you, and in November the nation will thank you.
miguel vigil

United States

#59 Aug 25, 2010
Steve van Dresser wrote:
Every prisoner of war broke. They all made tapes confessing their crimes against Vietnam and denouncing their own government. I can forgive McCain for breaking under torture. On the other hand his policies are disgusting and reactionary and he is a warmonger.
I won't vote against him because of what he did 35 years ago. I will vote against him because of what he wants to do tomorrow.
BS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... 11 hr Red Crosse 16
News Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jul 20 Jdesharnais 43
News Trump questions motive of states not turning ov... Jul 19 WasteWater 1
News Jimmy Carter dehydrates while building houses i... Jul 16 Jimmy a Rubby-Dub 1
News Prison lawsuit plaintiff Dwight Duran dies at 68 (May '09) Jul 7 Elvisfuckinchrist 7
News New Education chief seeks modern solutions Jun 26 Yeah 2
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Jun '17 Me too 2,222
More from around the web