Summer days invite return of graffiti

As a homeowner in the Tierra Contenta ghetto, I am particularly sensitive to the issue of graffiti. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dont want

Rio Rancho, NM

#24 Jun 26, 2009
Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, is there a bell in your head that rattles around when your head bobbles from side to side?
Gangs have been a problem in Santa Fe for at LEAST 30 years. Granted, the local gangs, brought up and trained through the boys club, haven't traditionally reveled in violence like MS 13; but MS13 has very little influence here. Albuquerque sure, but we're only seeing a beginning here in Santa Fe.
It's easy to blame an outside influence, instead of taking responsibility for our own, home-grown criminals, isn't it?
BTW, gang prevention programs in schools are about as effective as drug prevention programs.(i.e. not at all). It's time for a new take on the problem.
Gangs have been a problem here for 30 years? What, the WSL? A bunch of wimps!!! Yeah, we have our "homies", and they do bad things, but I don't understand your point. You seem to be saying that we have always had our bad boys, so a few more from another country is not going to hurt. That is like saying I have had one heart attack so another is okay too.

For you to say that MS13 has no influence here is as naive as can be. I am a born and raised SFean and lived in ABQ for many years, so am aware of what has traditionally been our gang problems. Ten years ago, maybe even only five years ago, there was NO MS13 in ABQ. Now they are everywhere (nine hold ups of restaurants in the last year alone is attributed to them). How long do you think it will be before their wave rolls into our sleepy little town? They will go where they are welcome which is New Mexico (where they can acquire driver's licenses) and ABQ and SF where immigration is not enforced. Wake up dude.
locol

El Monte, CA

#25 Nov 24, 2011
Hello ppl ms 13 is in santa fe havent ull seen the taggings by airport rd and hopewell st

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug '14 Lynne Loss 10
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Aug '14 Suz Santa Fe 2,201
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul '14 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun '14 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••