Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related ca...

Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plague children of t...

There are 28 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plague children of t.... In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: Lowell Ryman, right, pictured with his father, lived in Los Alamos in the early 1950s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dcphc

AOL

#1 Apr 11, 2009
I was born in Oakridge Tn.on base I was exposed to Iodine 131 I was born early and had bith defects in my heart.I also had breast cancer also brain tumor which the university of Co.said was related to exposure I also have sarcoidosis and Castlemens disease. so if a class action moves forward I would like to join.
Phyllis Harmon-Collins
11941 Bellaire st. D
Thornton,Co.80233

Since: Mar 09

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Apr 11, 2009
We know now that inhalation or consumption of an exceedingly nanoesque quantity of Plutonium can be fatal to humans. Plutonium has been circulating throughout New Mexico via winds, rains, floods, aquifers, field mice, radical left wing liberals and crows at least since the Manhattan Project days. Due to atomic activities in the Land of Entrapment this state undoubtedly has one of the highest toxic radioactive contamination levels in the world. Note our glowing red, Aurora Borealis like sunsets: "Look Honey! How lovely! How romantic!" Death can be romantic for some. One wonders how many of these lively little lethal particles are skipping and floating about the Santa Fe environs awaiting an unsuspecting host? "Land of Encancerment." Fortunately Japanese scientists have established a close correlation between one's personality and fatal vulnerability to Plutonium induced cancers. Dr. Yuzakistein Tusukiyamawitz of Tokyo Tech's Santa Fe-Hiroshima Afterglow Plutonium Think Tank Institute concluded that humans with a pronounced vapidly snobbish personality are most vulnerable with a personal energy vortex which suckingly vacuums and attracts lethal Plutonium and Strontium into their insufferable Ice People fat cells which rapidly metastasizes: a Santa Fe epidemic unfolds!! Denial, denial, denial.... Unstiff yer neck and live plutonium free baby! KARMA
Spamming

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Apr 11, 2009
Peter G Ogden wrote:
We know now that inhalation or consumption of an exceedingly nanoesque quantity of Plutonium can be fatal to humans. Plutonium has been circulating throughout New Mexico via winds, rains, floods, aquifers, field mice, radical left wing liberals and crows at least since the Manhattan Project days. Due to atomic activities in the Land of Entrapment this state undoubtedly has one of the highest toxic radioactive contamination levels in the world. Note our glowing red, Aurora Borealis like sunsets: "Look Honey! How lovely! How romantic!" Death can be romantic for some. One wonders how many of these lively little lethal particles are skipping and floating about the Santa Fe environs awaiting an unsuspecting host? "Land of Encancerment." Fortunately Japanese scientists have established a close correlation between one's personality and fatal vulnerability to Plutonium induced cancers. Dr. Yuzakistein Tusukiyamawitz of Tokyo Tech's Santa Fe-Hiroshima Afterglow Plutonium Think Tank Institute concluded that humans with a pronounced vapidly snobbish personality are most vulnerable with a personal energy vortex which suckingly vacuums and attracts lethal Plutonium and Strontium into their insufferable Ice People fat cells which rapidly metastasizes: a Santa Fe epidemic unfolds!! Denial, denial, denial.... Unstiff yer neck and live plutonium free baby! KARMA
unfunny nutjob.
Gold Street Kid

United States

#4 Apr 12, 2009
Nothing like growing up in LA to make a person look at every mole on their body for signs of melanoma. I spent many hours playing in "Acid Canyon" as a kid. I understand more and more Lab employees are showing up with Berylliosis from the Beryllium dust eminating from experimental shots fired at R-Site. Clouds of it floating into the Valley. Every little breeze resuspends it for further inhalation. No cure for this disease. Lung transplant possibility. If and when the Lab ever loses it's mission, it'll take 50 years to clean things up.
fake name here

Burlington, WI

#5 Apr 13, 2009
Orange sunsets are normal everywhere even here in Arkansas. Santa Fe sunsets were much more colorful and gorgeous before the scrubbers were put on the four corners coal power plants. With all those little particles floating in the air, diffracting the light, there were purples as well as the reds and oranges. New Mexico sunsets are much tamer than they used to be.
Lynne Loss

Queen Creek, AZ

#6 May 7, 2010
I also grew in in Los Alamos in the 1940's and 1950's . My whole family has had to suffer the effects. My Dad had Berllyum disease and I had cancer and other medical problems from the effects. Could not work for 4 years or do any thing else. My husband is a Viet Nam Vet and he had to go back to work to help us . It practically took all of the money we ever earn to pay my medical bills and now we do not have enought to live on the rest of our lives. We can get no help from any one . No one wants to hear the real story.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#7 May 7, 2010
Peter G Ogden wrote:
If Santa Fe is so contaminated, then what are you doing here? You know what, those "natural" American Spirit cigarettes that you smoke are way more dangerous than an atom or two of plutomium that you may have been exposed to.
Lynne Loss

Tempe, AZ

#8 Apr 2, 2014
Gold Street Kid wrote:
Nothing like growing up in LA to make a person look at every mole on their body for signs of melanoma. I spent many hours playing in "Acid Canyon" as a kid. I understand more and more Lab employees are showing up with Berylliosis from the Beryllium dust eminating from experimental shots fired at R-Site. Clouds of it floating into the Valley. Every little breeze resuspends it for further inhalation. No cure for this disease. Lung transplant possibility. If and when the Lab ever loses it's mission, it'll take 50 years to clean things up.
Please respond to me . Lynne Loss I have information for you !
Lynne Loss

Tempe, AZ

#9 Aug 13, 2014
Responding to the Gold Street Kid . Can I help ?
Lynne Loss

Tempe, AZ

#10 Aug 13, 2014
Gold Street Kid I am responding to you . Need Help ?
Kzp

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Aug 11, 2015
David Greenglass admitted: That same month he admitted he had stolen a few ounces of uranium 238 from a bomb laboratory at Los Alamos years before and had tossed it into the East River in 1950 after he first denied having stolen it.

Study the trials of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg who were executed in 1953 for Espionage. David Greenglass was Ethel Rosenberg's brother and was also tried and convicted on espionage charges.

Uranium introduced into the drinking water supply would most certainly cause birth defects.
Kzp

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Aug 11, 2015
The half life of U238 is 4.468 billion years. The uranium Greenglass tossed into the East river is there to stay folks. And toxic beyond anything imaginable.
Karen

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2015
Spamming wrote:
<quoted text>
unfunny nutjob.
When I was younger my family took us to Trinity site to pick up the green sand there. I'm 59 now & while I show slightly higher then normal radiation level no cancer.
Bill R

United States

#14 Sep 27, 2015
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
If Santa Fe is so contaminated, then what are you doing here? You know what, those "natural" American Spirit cigarettes that you smoke are way more dangerous than an atom or two of plutomium that you may have been exposed to.
You could be right! When I was younger my family went to Trinity test site a couple of times & picked up the green glass. Still have some in my garage. So far no I'll effects though some doctors have said my "radiation" level is higher then normal.
pet parent

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Sep 28, 2015
Someone needs to check into the HUGE rise of cancers among house pets like cats and dogs, ESPECIALLY in Albuquerque. There's a freaking epidemic out there. I've never seen anything like it. Is it the food we're feeding them, the water they are drinking or Radon seepage?!
Hecter

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 28, 2015
nope, not Radon. More like the unhealthy toxins emitting from your vile nasty attitude.
Ben

United States

#17 Sep 29, 2015
Lynne Loss wrote:
Gold Street Kid I am responding to you . Need Help ?
Back in the 60s my Dad took us to Trinity site also and we picked up the "green glass". Still have some in my garage. So far me (66 years old) & my family cancer free.
Kent

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2015
pet parent wrote:
Someone needs to check into the HUGE rise of cancers among house pets like cats and dogs, ESPECIALLY in Albuquerque. There's a freaking epidemic out there. I've never seen anything like it. Is it the food we're feeding them, the water they are drinking or Radon seepage?!
I agree but think it's a State wide problem.
Kristin

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Oct 1, 2015
Kent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but think it's a State wide problem.
Google Cancer rates by state or Cancer deaths by state, and you'll find that New Mexico has one of the lowest rates of both.
Thomas

United States

#20 Oct 1, 2015
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Funny & so true. I wonder how much radioactive material is in Hatch Chillies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wind energy sweeps plains; course correction in... (Jan '09) Thu bpayne37 21
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) Jul 1 Into The Night 2,406
News Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) Jun '16 Goldman Sachs 17
News Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Jun '16 MarieCornwall 13
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Immigrant children to arrive at Holloman on Sunday (Jan '16) Feb '16 Sick of race card 52
News Ernestine Hagman (Dec '09) Feb '16 jeremy ortiz 2
More from around the web