The Incas: A climatic rise to power

The Incas: A climatic rise to power

There are 5 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Aug 1, 2009, titled The Incas: A climatic rise to power. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Photo: An increase in temperatures might have allowed the Incas to expand their territory and farmland higher into the Pervian Andes, such as the Inca citadel Machu Picchu, pictured, and given them a reliable source of water as glaciers melted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Ede, Netherlands

#1 Aug 1, 2009
Why not dither and delay for eight more years as the U.S. Administration of G.W. Bush did before the problem is actually addressed?

Lima, Peru

#2 Aug 3, 2009
El Cagao

Shrewsbury, MA

#3 May 1, 2010
Who knows. Just do not bet on it.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2010
Fascinating article.

United States

#5 May 6, 2010
if you are really interested, you should go to some of the museums. one is in lambayequi, sipan the golden man is there. he should be called the gilded one, he is the closest thing to el dorado that i have ever seen. i think he was moche

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Space industry hits third consecutive year of s... Mar 15 sesostrus 5
News 'The Awakening' lies dormant amid legal dispute (Oct '09) Mar 1 AReed 27
News Spaceport secrecy bill clears New Mexico Senate... Feb 22 Bloodonhishands 12
News 'Dreamers' left in limbo as Senate rejects immi... Feb '18 spud 15
News 'I'm glad it's over': Family, friends welcome c... (Oct '08) Feb '18 Moving on 33
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... (Sep '17) Jan '18 Laura 9
News Pojoaque Bible Church moves to SPMDTU Hall (May '09) Jan '18 Living by grace 3