Patrick Swayze, 1952-2009

Patrick Swayze, 1952-2009

There are 45 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Patrick Swayze, 1952-2009. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

LOS ANGELES a ' Patrick Swayze, an actor and classically trained dancer whose role in the film Dirty Dancing made him a movie star, died Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
James Steel

Davenport, IA

#1 Sep 14, 2009
My heart goes out to the Swayze family, I was a fan of Patrick's and he will never be forgotten
Jim Terr

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Sep 15, 2009
I never met him when I was back in Vegas but I know several who did, who said he was a genuinely good guy. R.I.P. and peace to his family.
SFean

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Sep 15, 2009
One of my favorite actors and an all-around good human being. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Swayze family and especially to his wife of many years, on Patrick's untimely passing from this earth. Peace.
native

San Rafael, NM

#4 Sep 15, 2009
May you rest in peace.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#5 Sep 15, 2009
Gone too soon good guy. Worked with him on "Letters from a Killer" He was genuine, kind and a hell of a horseman. I was on set when he fractured his femur. The dude was more worried about shutting down production and everyone else's job than for his own pain.

R.I.P.
just

Powhatan Point, OH

#6 Sep 15, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Gone too soon good guy. Worked with him on "Letters from a Killer" He was genuine, kind and a hell of a horseman. I was on set when he fractured his femur. The dude was more worried about shutting down production and everyone else's job than for his own pain.
R.I.P.
thinking how hard it is gonna be for his wife; he was her life. I used to see him at horse shows and I even beat him a few times. He was indeed a great horseman and as it turns out a real fighter.
Judge Roy Bean

Bloomington, IN

#7 Sep 15, 2009
Just: Lisa was always a strong woman in her own right, she will be okay.
chatterbox87501

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Sep 15, 2009
I had the great pleasure of being around Patrick during the filming of Red Dawn.

Before shots you could see Patrick get into character, you knew he was getting serious, it wasn't the time to toss the football, which we did to pass the time.

You can rest now, this world was a better place because of you.
Methos

Newport News, VA

#9 Sep 15, 2009
He will surely be missed. One of the best !!!!

Love him in "Black Dog" and "Road House"

Loved his bit with Chris Farley on SNL as the Chippindale Dancers......

Thoughts and prayers to the Swayze framily, friends, and fans.
just

Powhatan Point, OH

#10 Sep 15, 2009
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Just: Lisa was always a strong woman in her own right, she will be okay.
well I have this vision of her scooping up Patrick's western show horse's tail as he was coming out of the ring at Scottsdale show one year...If you saw him you saw her...
roonie

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Sep 15, 2009
God bless...
You will be missed.

Since: Dec 08

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Sep 15, 2009
I've watched Dirty Dancing many times. It is such a nostalgia piece for me. The final dance scene always reminds me of Tommy Torres, a guy I went to school with here at SFHS. He was a fantastic dancer and all of us girls would wait patiently for our turn to dance with him (and learn from him).

May Patrick rest in peace, knowing that he gave great pleasure to millions of fans.
Bandito Man

Wolf Point, MT

#13 Sep 15, 2009
RIP Senor Patrick... new mexico and the world will love yaw...
RAWK
New Mexican Maverick

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Sep 15, 2009
Where exactly was the ranch?
MLS48

Madison, AL

#15 Sep 15, 2009
I too, fell in love with LVNM, and share his affection for the land. To his lovely bride, my sincere condolences. I enjoyed his acting and he was skilled in his craft. All will continue to remember him thru his movies. When the time arrives where I have a date to meet the maker, I hope I am able to do with with the dignity Mr. Swayze displayed. Not the end, but another chapter in the journey, Sir!!! From a good 'ol boy in Bama!!
Dog Lover

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 15, 2009
My favorite story of Patrick is the first year he bought his ranch in Porvenir he hired a bunch of cowboys (one was a friend of mine) to round up his cattle. Everyone shows up, open the gates and the cattle walked to where they had been "trained" to go! He didn't know the cattle had been around for a while and knew the routine. My friend said that everyone laughed, they ended up having a BBQ and sat around telling stories. And...he paid them for their "cowboy" services. What a great guy...he will be missed!
Dog Lover

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Sep 15, 2009
The ranch is located in Porvenir outside of Las Vegas - it's gorgeous!!!
New Mexican Maverick wrote:
Where exactly was the ranch?
In Santa Fe

Los Alamos, NM

#18 Sep 15, 2009
I met the man a few times and he was a genuine person with a good heart...Rest in peace Patrick..
Misty

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Sep 15, 2009
I dreaded the day that it would be reported that Patrick Swayze died. My family said I needed intervention because I was always watching "Dirty Dancing". What a loss for us but he is now dancing with the Angels and God. God Bless his wife and mother.
Tammy

Temple, TX

#20 Sep 15, 2009
Patrick may the angles dance by your side as they lift you to heaven. You will be missed by the world. May god bless your family and give them the peace that you are no longer suffering and are you are in paradise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Growing up Spanglish (Feb '10) Apr 28 Don Gregorio Enri... 2
News Living with voices: S.F. man copes with schizop... (Dec '08) Feb '15 LucitaAranda 34
News Beaver Toyota relocation plan hits annex snag (Nov '08) Feb '15 Hoka Huste 50
News Pro-choice stance a deal breaker for these Demo... (Oct '08) Jan '15 apodacamel 15
News Small-scale room design tips (Apr '09) Jan '15 Pavlos Lombardi 2
News Santa Fe Horse Park co-owner to lose home to fo... (Feb '09) Jan '15 sharonk 16
News Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Dec '14 Paul Szeman 12
More from around the web