Parents sue over school bus wreck

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Photo: Volunteer firefighter Charles Becvarik leads his son, 6-year-old Callum, past the scene of a school bus crash on Two Trails Road in November 2007.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sickoflazypeople

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

commish wrote:
Transportation is a privleage, we do not have to transport our children on school buses, it is there for your convenience. Buses are designed for safety first and drivers are trained. NMPSIA does cover medical costs for all children in an event of accidents or injuries, and it is policy that all children are checked at any type of accident involving school vehicles by emergency personnel. Be greatful nothing did happen, but suing the school is outrageous, only god knows what could of happened, and luckily nothing happened. Thanks to god, and the companies that built these fine buses. Drop your law suit, its ridiculous.
If the buses are "supposed to be so safe" why don't they have seat belts?????
Woman

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Ivan Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>How fast was the school bus going, 15 miles a hour on a 25 mile zone?
No, the bus would be going so fast that I would pull over to the side of the road to get out of it's way!!! The new bus driver drives the speed limit and drives respectfully. The old bus driver scared me so much that I even told one of the parents of one of the children about his speed months before the crash.
If you

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

were so scared for your life, why were you not scared for the children and call the District on him?
Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the bus would be going so fast that I would pull over to the side of the road to get out of it's way!!! The new bus driver drives the speed limit and drives respectfully. The old bus driver scared me so much that I even told one of the parents of one of the children about his speed months before the crash.
Woman

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

I told one of the parents. It should be the parent's responsibility to do that, not mine.
sabine 87501

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Woman wrote:
I told one of the parents. It should be the parent's responsibility to do that, not mine.
You don't feel you are responsible for your own safety? And you told one parent about your concerns about a bus load of children?
SueBus

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

sabine 87501 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't feel you are responsible for your own safety? And you told one parent about your concerns about a bus load of children?
It was probably one of the parents whose kid was involved in the wreck and are suing. To be so petty to sue over this when no one was seriously injured, that parent may have seen an opportunity.
Woman

South Fork, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

SUEBUS:
NO, the parent I told is NOT one of the parents suing.

Sabine87501: Yes, you are right, I should have reported the bus myself. It was a mistake I will have to live with for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Woman wrote:
SUEBUS:
NO, the parent I told is NOT one of the parents suing.
Sabine87501: Yes, you are right, I should have reported the bus myself. It was a mistake I will have to live with for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!
The people here talked you into a guilt trip. Forget about it. The bus wrecked, nobody was seriously injured and some greedy parents may get rich off of it.
Nessa

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

None of you people know what really happend there for all you should mind your own business and keep your comments to your self. If it was one of your kids in that accident you would be doing the same thing. My daughter was in that bus the day of the accident and it was scary and guess what I am also in the process of doing what all the other parents are doing thats right and I don't give a flying @#*^ what any of you think. I dont know how any of you people from out of town can comment on this particular matter due to the fact you have no insight on the matter and for your information there were several complaints made about the bus drivers careless driving and nothing was done about it. So keep your opinion to your self and shove them where the sun don't shine.
sabine 87501

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Nessa wrote:
None of you people know what really happend there for all you should mind your own business and keep your comments to your self. If it was one of your kids in that accident you would be doing the same thing. My daughter was in that bus the day of the accident and it was scary and guess what I am also in the process of doing what all the other parents are doing thats right and I don't give a flying @#*^ what any of you think. I dont know how any of you people from out of town can comment on this particular matter due to the fact you have no insight on the matter and for your information there were several complaints made about the bus drivers careless driving and nothing was done about it. So keep your opinion to your self and shove them where the sun don't shine.
Wow. I'm not going to comment on the bile, nor the content of your post, but will just clarify: topix very often gets folks' location wrong. Don't ASSume folks are from out of town. You're apparently nowhere (according to topix).
who knows

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Woman wrote:
I saw that bus everyday on my way to work and it was ALWAYS going too fast!!! It scared the **** out of me how fast he would drive!!! These parents should not have to pay all these hospital bills! They have a right to sue so they are not financially harmed, this is America. Where are all of your morals???
Did you ever report that? I believe you can call the school right?
Woman

South Fork, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

It says I'm from strange place that begins with a P, but I am really from Canada de los Alamos and I've been trying to tell these people that the bus used to go too fast but all of these people won't listen. I'm sorry they are being mean.

Thank God the new bus driver drives nicely.
Not in Ill Bad speller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Voorhees, YOU are a slimeball.
Not in Ill Bad speller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Nessa wrote:
NESSA, You too were NOT there.
YOU are ignorant and your post makes that clear. Your childrens' medical expenses will be paid.
Suing the Schools is WRONG.
Taking money from the school system will not fix anything, in fact it will hurt your child.
It is greed you are afflicted with pure and simple.
Vorhees is a leach of the state.
Will this be another nice check for you to add to your food stamps,child-support,SSI disability and state welfare check?
Or will you donate it to the state school-bus driver education fund? NOT likely, OR, maybe you will invest it wisely for your child's higher education? Feed the hungry or shelter the homeless?
I THINK NOT.
Remember while you rape the school system that YOUR child will suffer because of your GREED, "Nessa".
Geeze

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Nessa wrote:
Why don't you consider not taking this money away from the school system. They need it to ensure that kids are better educated than you obviously are. Your writing skills and the language you use clearly indicate that. None of these kids were seriously hurt, including yours. Sure they were scared. Things scare kids every day. You have no class, no to mention no conscience.
Helloooo

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Nessa wrote:
Knock knock knock!! If there were previous complaints about this driver's careless driving, why in the he!! did you continue to allow your kid to keep riding the bus?
Knowing

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) 5 hr Ken 2,198
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) 9 hr MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun 30 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun 19 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 48 min ago)

Weather
Sunny 74°F
Hi: 87°F
Lo: 59°F
Feels like: 74°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »