Parents sue over school bus wreck

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Photo: Volunteer firefighter Charles Becvarik leads his son, 6-year-old Callum, past the scene of a school bus crash on Two Trails Road in November 2007.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
thanks for helping

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

My God, I hope you do find yourselves reading this. Step back and get some sanity and decency. And, if you still agree, your names are public since it is a civil case, lest not forget, we will continue to expose your mean, hurtful, deplorable, disgraceful, dengenerate behavior to the rest of this community...it will be a mission.
Kid Topeka Ks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

thanks for helping wrote:
My God, I hope you do find yourselves reading this. Step back and get some sanity and decency. And, if you still agree, your names are public since it is a civil case, lest not forget, we will continue to expose your mean, hurtful, deplorable, disgraceful, dengenerate behavior to the rest of this community...it will be a mission.
Amen Amen !!!!!!!
Hmmmm

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

From the names listed, it appears to be yet another Hispanic family affair in a couple of cases. Eeee, let's go sue the school and the bus driver and get us some money. That bus driver probably doesn't have much to sue for and could very well lose everything he has. Consider that people and just be glad your kids weren't seriously hurt.
Woman

South Fork, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

I saw that bus everyday on my way to work and it was ALWAYS going too fast!!! It scared the **** out of me how fast he would drive!!! These parents should not have to pay all these hospital bills! They have a right to sue so they are not financially harmed, this is America. Where are all of your morals???

“Shwing batta!”

Since: Dec 08

Santa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Sadly, I am sure they are suing for more than the hospital bills. This is litigious America. They will go for the jugular.
Woman wrote:
I saw that bus everyday on my way to work and it was ALWAYS going too fast!!! It scared the **** out of me how fast he would drive!!! These parents should not have to pay all these hospital bills! They have a right to sue so they are not financially harmed, this is America. Where are all of your morals???
Nina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

I have a young child, and believe I would be thankful there were no serious injuries and remember these children are in the SF Public School System which you will be taking away from. Another group of people who have figured out how to use the system - taking away from taxpayers and the school system which they will still use to educate their children. How sad - it was obviously an accident, no bus malfunction or drugs were involved...it is too bad but we all know the type. The type of people who are just waiting for something like this to happen in their life so that they can try to get some 'easy' money...money that they will claim will go to the kids but they will be spending to buy new T.V.'s...hmmm...I wonder how many of the above have been hit by the economy and are unemployed at this time? Sad - how ignorant...perhaps they should have taken the time in the morning and taken their own children to school which is what I do...but these types of people are so predictable. Taking advantage of a good thing - than denying how much it helped them and essentially biting the hand that feeds them...
Sigh

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Any medical expenses should absolutely be covered, but beyond that it's just pettiness and greed. Nobody was seriously injured. It was just an accident. Some day one of the parents may accidently slam into the back of someone's car and not seriously injure them yet that person may well file a lawsuit that goes beyond what is considered fair compensation. Unfortunately that would be after the fact, but perhaps that parent will then think twice about their lawsuit. Nah, I doubt it.
Ivan Sanchez

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Today people are just ‘sue’ happy for the easy bucks! I hope the courts awards parents only for hospitalization expenses and not millions for ‘pain and suffering’ which amounts to a comfort avenue for life! Lawyers are nothing but ‘Big fat cats’ and deserve little if any because their works don’t amount to a hill of beans.
Ivan Sanchez

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Woman wrote:
How fast was the school bus going, 15 miles a hour on a 25 mile zone?
commish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Transportation is a privleage, we do not have to transport our children on school buses, it is there for your convenience. Buses are designed for safety first and drivers are trained. NMPSIA does cover medical costs for all children in an event of accidents or injuries, and it is policy that all children are checked at any type of accident involving school vehicles by emergency personnel. Be greatful nothing did happen, but suing the school is outrageous, only god knows what could of happened, and luckily nothing happened. Thanks to god, and the companies that built these fine buses. Drop your law suit, its ridiculous.
Woman

South Fork, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

SANTAFE wrote:
SUE AWAY Ernesto Prada Sr.,
SUE AWAY Amanda Garcia!
SUE AWAY Vincent and Barbara Ratliff
SUE AWAY Mark and Vanessa Prada!
SUE AWAY Fernando and Evone Prada!
SUE AWAY Louis Bachicha and Sonya Watts!
SUE AWAY Suzanne Valdez!
MAYBE YOUR KIDS WILL GET THE **** BEATEN OUT OF THEM ON THE PLAYGROUND SOMEDAY WHEN WORD SPREADS THAT THEIR PARENTS ARE SUING THE *SANTA FE PUBLIC SCHOOLS* BECAUSE THEY ARE GREEDY AND WANT BLOOD SUCKING MONEY FROM A LAWSUIT TO MAKE THEIR PETTY MISERABLE LIVES WORTH LIVING BECAUSE THEY HAVE GREED AND NO MORALS ENGRAINED IN THEIR BODIES!
SUE AWAY YOU LOSERS!
Suggesting violence against the children is pure evil! What is wrong with you?
Cynic

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Ivan Sanchez wrote:
Today people are just ‘sue’ happy for the easy bucks! I hope the courts awards parents only for hospitalization expenses and not millions for ‘pain and suffering’ which amounts to a comfort avenue for life! Lawyers are nothing but ‘Big fat cats’ and deserve little if any because their works don’t amount to a hill of beans.
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
St Anger

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Next they'll sue the curb in which the kids have to stand on due to lack of arch support..
Stan B

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

you parents should be ashamed. what are you showing your kids about how to behave? thank goodness none of your children were hurt badly. they now learn how their parents choose to try to benefit. why do think its called an accident?
Just Wait

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

until the School system stops bus service because they have no more money. Then these will be the first parents complaining that they have to get up and take their kids to school.
SANTAFE

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggesting violence against the children is pure evil! What is wrong with you?
----------
LOL - Who is suggesting violence against children? I'm only saying what used to happen to children at MY gradeschool. Obviously you were never a child. But kids have a way of ostracizing or hurting other children because of their parents behavior. And this exactly the type of incident that will provoke that. Believe me.
SANTAFE

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

Just Wait wrote:
until the School system stops bus service because they have no more money. Then these will be the first parents complaining that they have to get up and take their kids to school.
----------

No, they won't complain to the public schools that they have to take their children to school... they will SUE THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS because the buses stop running.

But maybe that is the answer. The public schools ARE trying to save money. Maybe they SHOULD end the bus service.

Obviously it is too much of a liability with these friggin lawyers and lazy people who want to sue a cash cow such as the santa fe city government to win their own version of the lottery.

“Shwing batta!”

Since: Dec 08

Santa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

You are ABSOLUTELY right!
SANTAFE wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
No, they won't complain to the public schools that they have to take their children to school... they will SUE THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS because the buses stop running.
But maybe that is the answer. The public schools ARE trying to save money. Maybe they SHOULD end the bus service.
Obviously it is too much of a liability with these friggin lawyers and lazy people who want to sue a cash cow such as the santa fe city government to win their own version of the lottery.
Ivan Sanchez

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

Judged:

SANTAFE wrote:
SUE AWAY Ernesto Prada Sr.,
SUE AWAY Amanda Garcia!
SUE AWAY Vincent and Barbara Ratliff
SUE AWAY Mark and Vanessa Prada!
SUE AWAY Fernando and Evone Prada!
SUE AWAY Louis Bachicha and Sonya Watts!
SUE AWAY Suzanne Valdez!
MAYBE YOUR KIDS WILL GET THE **** BEATEN OUT OF THEM ON THE PLAYGROUND SOMEDAY WHEN WORD SPREADS THAT THEIR PARENTS ARE SUING THE *SANTA FE PUBLIC SCHOOLS* BECAUSE THEY ARE GREEDY AND WANT BLOOD SUCKING MONEY FROM A LAWSUIT TO MAKE THEIR PETTY MISERABLE LIVES WORTH LIVING BECAUSE THEY HAVE GREED AND NO MORALS ENGRAINED IN THEIR BODIES!
SUE AWAY YOU LOSERS!
Good Shot!
Short TP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

Schools are hurting and will continue to do so. SFPS does not need this now.

LOOK IN DETROIT WHERE KIDS NOW HAVE TO TAKE THEIR OWN TOILET PAPER TO SCHOOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Sun Ken 2,199
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul 10 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun 30 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun 19 Just A random guy 5
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '14 swedenforever 11
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar '14 Billie 3
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 1 hr ago)

Weather
Cloudy 60°F
Hi: 84°F
Lo: 60°F
Feels like: 66°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »