Anti-Fan: The girl's all right; the toddler is too

Sep 9, 2011 Full story: Santa Fe New Mexican

I think Michelle Wie had too much too soon. Too much ability; too much publicity; certainly too much parental involvement in her golf career.

Full Story
Made the Cut

AOL

#1 Sep 9, 2011
At this rate, she is going to have plenty of time to study on Sunday. After her first round 78 at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship, Sunday may be her day off from golf. Hopefully, though, she will have a really good round tomorrow and make the cut...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 9, 2011
It isn't her fault. She changed her hair color tues. and the asian gods are getting even.
Made the Cut

AOL

#3 Sep 10, 2011
Today's interview after the second round:

NBWIE Announcer:“Hi Michelle. Thanks for allowing us to interview you. Well, I must say, you have had better tournaments.”
MW:“Well, like, yeah. I mean, Hello, what do you expect? It is a very tough course. Only a handful of players are under par.”
NBWIE:“There are 48 players under par right now!”
MW:“That’s what I mean, besides, whose idea was that to put that little woman in my foursome?”
NBWIE:“You mean threesome.”
MW:“You mean there were only two in my group?”
NBWIE:“There were three players, counting you, in your group…”
MW:“Whateva. Anyway, yeah that little girl. Heck, she is older than me.”
NBWIE:“You mean Stacy Lewis?”
MW:“Well, you know, Hello. I mean, she was not under the pressure that I had. She does not hit 300-yard drives. It is a lot easier for her to keep the ball in play...”
NBWIE:“Isn’t that the idea, to keep the ball on the fairways?”
MW:“Not necessarily. A long drive is much more impressive and people talk about it. Anyway, she only beat me by a couple of strokes for the two rounds. We were very close.”
NBWIE:“You were at +8 and she was at -7…”
MW:“Okay, so she beat me by 11 strokes total. Anyway, who does she think she is? I mean, while she was going to college full-time and playing golf against college girls, I was out there trying to beat Annika and Lorena, left-handed, and taking on the guys of the PGA. I mean, I have a full schedule: 50 percent of my time is devoted to golf and the other 40 percent to school.”
NBWIE:“Huh?”
MW:“It is not like that Stacy girl was studying anything hard…”
NBWIE:“She has a Finance and Accounting degree which she got before turning professional. Anywway, thanks for your time, this interview has been a very…”
MW:“Instructional?”
NBWIE:“No, I was thinking…interesting!”
NBWIE:“(Wow!!)”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'I'm glad it's over': Family, friends welcome c... (Oct '08) Oct 9 Your Family 31
Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep 22 Darian Valdevia 30
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Aug '14 Lynne Loss 10
Memory Lane - only for Real Santa Feans (Oct '08) Aug '14 Suz Santa Fe 2,201
Lawyers slam police in Valdez trial (Nov '08) Jul '14 MzRoze 46
Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jun '14 cwatson 41
Is it safe to make yourself faint? (May '09) Jun '14 Just A random guy 5

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE