Santa Fe High principal ousted

Santa Fe High principal ousted

There are 116 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Santa Fe High principal ousted. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Superintendent says Dan Webb fired over difference in 'leadership philosophies' John Sena The New Mexican 2/12/2009 - 2/13/09 Dan Webb, principal of Santa Fe High School, was effectively fired Thursday ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sucessful dropout

Mountain View, CA

#110 Feb 18, 2009
I think the right thing was done in firing Dr. Webb the man was on a power trip. The man is a pompus **** .
LSGarcia

Albuquerque, NM

#111 Feb 18, 2009
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. These parents need to get the heck outta here. I wonder how they like Rio Rancho now. With secretaries and security guards teaching their precious little A and the occasional B students.
You people are ridiculous! I love Rio Rancho, thanks for your concern. Oh and BTW, my daughter hasn't had NOT ONE day of class with security guard or secretary. The lack of subs just means that the teachers are making sure they don't miss work. Bet you can't grab that concept.
SFHS Alum 87

Santa Fe, NM

#112 Feb 19, 2009
SFHS doesn't need a principal. They do however need a football coach. Hurry up and hire one. Just kidding people, before everyone here gets all off balance look at whats going on over there, they can't keep anyone. So who's fault is that?

“Shwing batta!”

Since: Dec 08

Santa

#113 Feb 19, 2009
From what I hear they have one and have had for some time. Sadly, the principal has taken all the press time.
SFHS Alum 87 wrote:
SFHS doesn't need a principal. They do however need a football coach. Hurry up and hire one. Just kidding people, before everyone here gets all off balance look at whats going on over there, they can't keep anyone. So who's fault is that?
SFHS Alum 87

Santa Fe, NM

#114 Feb 19, 2009
Chewy B wrote:
From what I hear they have one and have had for some time. Sadly, the principal has taken all the press time.
<quoted text>
Do you know who it is? It hasn't been reported, not that I've seen.

“Shwing batta!”

Santa

#115 Feb 19, 2009
You should call the Public Relations Officer at SFPS and tell her to make a press release.

“Shwing batta!”

Santa

#116 Feb 19, 2009
Obviously I don't work at SFHS so for me to spread gossip of the name would not be appropriate.
SFHS Alum 87

Santa Fe, NM

#117 Feb 19, 2009
Chewy B wrote:
You should call the Public Relations Officer at SFPS and tell her to make a press release.
Maybe they fired the PR person and are waiting to fill that position also.

“Shwing batta!”

Santa

#118 Feb 19, 2009
HA HA.. I would understand that, because I see no need for that position, but no, seriously you should give a call. You should get the answer.

“Shwing batta!”

Santa

#119 Feb 19, 2009
After all, LR makes all his own press releases. HAHAHHAHAHAHA
SFHS Alum 87 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they fired the PR person and are waiting to fill that position also.
SFHS Alum 87

Santa Fe, NM

#120 Feb 19, 2009
Thanks for the info, but I think I'm more curious as to how long it will take before they actually do make a release. Interesting though they didn't waste any time releasing this news. Hmmm!
Capricho

Santa Fe, NM

#121 Feb 27, 2009
Lets face it.
We will no longer have the likes of Papa Joe, Bouncer Sena, Coach Armendariz, Coach Salvador Perez, Renalda Dinkle, and those who commanded respect. They were able to do so because they had school board members and administrators who supported them. Did you see what I printed SUPPORTED THEM. Can we get the same from our current administration or school board? Probably not. They are too afraid of parents, kids and lawsuits. Why not hire an attorney and pay him or her a yearly contract. And anytime parents or students are violent or threaten teachers or other students, they get sued. Not a a bad idea. Hit mom and dad where it hurts. The pocket book. And after awhile when mom and dad have to remortgage their home because little johnny doesn't know how to behave, they will to start acting like parents. Better yet, throw their spoiled brat butts out of school. Parents who have kids that want to learn might someday get smart and sue the district for an unsafe environment and for not doing what the state constitution demands of them, educate our children. More parents opt to home school, send their children to private schools, charter schools, and other educational alternatives. I wonder why? Don't take rocket science. I think our Administrative Offices should be moved to the Campus at Santa Fe High. This way our administrators can get a first hand view of what is happening in our childrens lives. I CHALLENGE A SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER TO PROPOSE THE MOVE. We are not getting more students, as a matter of fact, more are dropping out. So lets move the offices and rent the offices on alta vista to raise some cash for light bulbs and toilet paper at the high school. all those nice pictures of our school board members can placed in the Library so our students can see first hand who is responsible for their education. Wouldn't it be wonderful when a Superintendent has to eat lunch with the students from Santa Fe High. It never will happen. We have no courage. No guts. Come on...I challenge the District. You know you have the space to move y our district to the campus. You all are rarely in the office anyway. So it's not like if you need much space. CHALLENGE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE. Andale pues.
Band Man

Santa Fe, NM

#122 Feb 27, 2009
Great idea Capricho. With the drop out rates going up we have plenty of room at the High School. I know, I go to school there. Mr. W was awesome. He demanded respect. Too bad the adminstration gave in to cry baby parents. The superintendent can sit in the empty desk next to me. I'll even buy Angelica lunch.
Peaches of Santa Fe

Santa Fe, NM

#123 Feb 27, 2009
I don't think Angelica got rid of him.
She supports the administration and teachers.
It was probably some other board members and teachers who didn't like to work.
Johnny Knoxsville One

Santa Fe, NM

#124 Feb 27, 2009
I say we could turn the admin building into a medical clinic for those of us who don't have insurance.
Keep all the supers with us at the high school.
I ain't that smart and thought of good use for the building. It's the one by the pool right?
Never cars out in front there.
We always go skatin there.
parent in El Segundo CA

United States

#125 Feb 22, 2010
This is the same Dan Webb we had in our town. He gets hired because a school needs discipline to clean up bad situations & he knows no moderation when it gets better. He punishes all students- If an A student forgets to have an test with a 100 score signed by a parent they are jerked out of class & sent to detention??? He calls all students by numbers like a concentration camp. The PTA presidents and their children are treated like royalty - major double standards. Children are told that he will cut the hoods off their jackets if they wear them because they could be hiding earphones from ipods at recess. It's all a bit excessive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite pardon, Arpaio judge isn't convinced sh... Sep 16 tomin cali 1
News At risk in Rohingya exodus: 230,000 children, h... Sep 15 Wildchild 1
News About those climate denials: You're wrong Sep 12 Talkin To A 9yo 9
News Convicted stalker running for Pearce's seat as ... Sep 12 Marie 6
News Albuquerque man arrested in Santa Fe, accused o... Sep 6 Ustinque 3
News PNM customers call for more clean energy, not h... Sep 5 Iron Wil 2
News Your face may become your iPhone password Sep 5 AndroidRules 1
More from around the web