Santa Fe High principal ousted

Full story: The Santa Fe New Mexican

Superintendent says Dan Webb fired over difference in 'leadership philosophies' John Sena The New Mexican 2/12/2009 - 2/13/09 Dan Webb, principal of Santa Fe High School, was effectively fired Thursday ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of116
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
really

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

"She said she decided to place Webb on administrative leave now so that he has time to find another job and so the district has time to find a replacement. The district will start to advertise for the job next week, she said."
Really? I doubt that. If the best for all was the rational he could have finished the year and been told now that he would not have his contract renewed in the summer. Instead he gets paid vacation and SFH is short staffed.
Oh, and what about the hiring freeze? Oops. lol
Willie Collier

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Thank.

God.

I have never seen someone so out of place in their own job. The man is a bureaucrat, plain and simple, he has no idea how people work, only rules.

Good Riddance.
Get with it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I think SF needs to get rid of the people hiring and firing everyone, they cant seem to do their job correctly, always bad decisions. Too many politics and relatives in SF. Every two years, new teachers, priciples, coaches, do it right the first time or quit, find a job you can actually do, The kids deserve better!
Stephan Marais

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I have watched this mess we call a school district and am appaled And am appalled at the mismanagement and incompetencies of the board and some of the senior staff. To fire an employee and give him/her a year’s salary is inexcusable. To allow him /her to play music chairs into other educational positions within the same framework does not allow for the problems we have in the schools today to be rectified. And above all why do we let the ones who need education tell us how to educate. Does this fix the problem? I think not.
D Phillips

Santa Cruz, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I can hear the circus music in the background!
haha

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

This is pretty funny because if Bobby Guttierrez's educational views and his differ then why did SHE push so much for him to be hired, when the hiring board did not want him?!?!? She is a piece of work...and the schools deserve better than her. She is always yelling at teachers and administrators and needs to learn how to manage. It works from the top down!! BUT there was no hope for this guy from the beginning :) I do not agree with him being on PAID leave though, he should have finished out the year, they've gotten along with him this far.
Concerned

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Get with it wrote:
I think SF needs to get rid of the people hiring and firing everyone, they cant seem to do their job correctly, always bad decisions. Too many politics and relatives in SF. Every two years, new teachers, priciples, coaches, do it right the first time or quit, find a job you can actually do, The kids deserve better!
I couldn't agree more with your comments. Why this district reinvents the wheel every few years is beyond me. There are plenty of great district models all over the country to learn from, albeit each with their own unique circumstances, yet, this district continues to struggle finding something that works. Maybe it because it's too top heavy, with too much theory being tossed around. This district needs a business model
mentality, something that would allow for the useless to be weeded out and the true performers to be running the show. You said it best, the kids certainly deserve much better.
cactus jim

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Get with it wrote:
he was probably too anglo for those whiners and pukes that run things in s.f.
Lala

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I'm glad someone was able to see that this man was not doing anything for this school. On the occasions that I had to meet with (he insisted you call him DR.WEBB [with all due respect]), I saw that he had no respect for the students. I agree with the young lady who said that the feeling was that students were always the bad guys. I got the distinct feeling that he saw the students and parents as uneducated, and that he was on a higher level then everyone else. I saw that same attitude in SOME not all the teachers and the administrative staff as well. I can see now why the drop out rate has increased in the past few years. I do not feel there is any type of support system in place to encourage or motivate the kids. Good riddance!
SouthView

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I'm thinking Jasmine is running the Santa Fe School district...
santa fe nm

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

It's about time that no good of a man was let go he did'nt even know his job all did was pass the buck
yahoo

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Good job Bobbie. You have done us parents a tremendous favor. I agree that the "committee" has made SEVERAL mistakes in hiring SEVERAL positions. Lets hope that this will be a lesson and let us hire someone with local flavor that can relate to the "public school" kids in Santa Fe, up and down the ladder.
sheylizzle

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

DR. WEBB IS A JERK!!!!!!i go to that school and he has no idea what he is doing!!!!!
Franscicco Romero

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

There is no discpline in the Santa Fe schools. Teachers can not teach without discpline.
lizard boy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

amid Dr. Webb's downfalls, at least he instilled some sort of discipline. Education's what an individual makes it, but any one who's attended SFHS knows it's a joke, and has been that way for a long time. Somebody had to go in there and shake things up. Good ol Santa Fe politcs.

The worst athletic program in the state and maybe even the worst educational...
Franscicco Romero

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Santa Fe school students have no discpline. Teachers can not teach without discpline, perhaps that is why so many students drop out
One thing is for sure

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

In future! The only thing you`ll need to learn,,,is how to fight!!!!

The scum who now controls us, must be vanquished! Set Usunder! Robbed, and plundered. Made to slumber, forced to blunder!
Papa Joe

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

What a bunch of whiney babiecries. I went to Santa Fe High with Bouncer Sena and Papa Joe. YOU DID NOT MESS AROUND on campus and disrupt the environment for the rest of the kids. If you did, you were disciplined immediately. If you kept doing it, hello Vo-tech.
These kids don't need to be "understood." What they need to know is that they are on campus to learn. If you are not going to learn, get out of it because you are only disrupting the education/s of those that do want an education. The world is full of rules and laws, what better place to learn that concept than in high school where it is the last place a kid will be before they are fully responsible for their actions. If these kids see that a person can be fired because that person does not know how to "relate," then those same kids will always have an excuse for not performing. Gutierrez is a clown and needs to step up to the plate and tell the whiney parents and their kids that the world is tough place, get used to it. Learn or get out.
J Martinez

Grants, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We all saw it coming, thank you Bobbie for taking action. Webb is clueless on how to run a school. He was on a major power trip and did'nt care what direction the school was going, all he cared about was walking around campus and games abusing his authority. Santa Fe High will be a better school without him!
you reap what you sow

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Teacher preparation is the best tool against discipline problems, and students get back what they put in.

For many years Santa Fe High has set the standard for educational achievement. Students from a certain private school had to attend SFHS to take classes such as Physics and Chemistry. This year they go for Chorus, etc.

Of course the private school does not have to take the achievement tests so who knows how well they do. If one is to site college attendance and other achievements it is more a result of socio-economic status rather than education system. Of course one cannot generalize either.

There is no doubt that the public schools have many problems with some kids disrupting the learning of others but then that is the nature of public school education. They do not have the luxury of booting the kids out. WE are better off without Webb, and Lizard Breath, athletics will thrive. We cannot drop in class. AAAAA has got to go further North from Albuquerque. We will compete with you big boys from the South as we always have.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of116
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Search the The Santa Fe New Mexican Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) Apr 11 swedenforever 9
Deadly exposure: Plutonium-related cancers plag... (Apr '09) Apr 2 Lynne Loss 8
Feds nix credit card debt forgiveness plan (Nov '08) Mar 26 Billie 3
THE RECESSION: Many pushed many to seek second ... (Mar '09) Mar 26 Sileas 2
Letters to editor for March 3, 2009 (Mar '09) Mar 26 Leonora 33
THE RECESSION: Many pushed many to seek second ... (Sep '09) Mar 26 Liz 3
Household debt sees first drop in decades (Dec '08) Mar 26 Mair 2
•••

Santa Fe Conditions

(updated 46 min ago)

Weather
Showers 50°F
Hi: 69°F