Couple claim drunk security guard pul...

Couple claim drunk security guard pulled gun on them

There are 64 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Sep 4, 2009, titled Couple claim drunk security guard pulled gun on them. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

A Santa Fe couple say in a lawsuit that an intoxicated security guard at their Airport Road mobile-home park threatened them with a gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Abc123

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Sep 5, 2009
Whoa!!! Why is this company still in business?
justice

Honolulu, HI

#2 Sep 5, 2009
where does this company get their background checks, same place they sell illegal douments ?, hope some humane unemployed gets this job, read the article, you unemployed here's a good job, for an honest person. lot's of luck
sf lifer

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Sep 5, 2009
all drunks job opening
Which

Cerrillos, NM

#4 Sep 5, 2009
...one of our lovely, incredibly competent judges dropped the charge of negligent use of a firearm?

Since: Sep 08

La Madera, NM

#5 Sep 5, 2009
The man was given the 15 minutes to move his truck. He didn't. He reached to snatch the ticketbook, an offensive act. Sounds like trash to me.

Did the police check the immigration status of Medrano? Did they check to see if he drained his old oil into a container?

The HOA should kick him out.
Are you serious

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Sep 5, 2009
Which wrote:
...one of our lovely, incredibly competent judges dropped the charge of negligent use of a firearm?
Are you serious? You have a serious malfunction. Who deserves to be shot for reaching for a ticket book? Never argue with a drunk..either the one holding a gun or the one at the keyboard.

Santa Fe

#7 Sep 5, 2009
I haven`t met a security guard yet, that made me feel secure.
Just reinforces my basic belief as to how screwed up this dead culture is.

La Madera, NM

#8 Sep 5, 2009
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? You have a serious malfunction. Who deserves to be shot for reaching for a ticket book? Never argue with a drunk..either the one holding a gun or the one at the keyboard.
What kind of mindset thinks it is entitled to snatch a ticketbook out of an official's hand?
wow

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 5, 2009
Dave Nelson wrote:
The man was given the 15 minutes to move his truck. He didn't. He reached to snatch the ticketbook, an offensive act. Sounds like trash to me.
Did the police check the immigration status of Medrano? Did they check to see if he drained his old oil into a container?
The HOA should kick him out.
You are disgusting. I give you 15 minutes to prove you are not trash...go...

Santa Fe

#10 Sep 5, 2009
Is a immature, two bit green horn security guard an official?

Who sanctions these mercenary thugs anyway?

They`re just wanna be cops who can`t make the cut.
I wouldn`t give them the time of day. Punks!

“What, Me Worry?”

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Sep 5, 2009
Both parties are wrong, but the brandishing of a firearm while intoxicated is intolerable.
Mel

Santa Ana, CA

#12 Sep 5, 2009
The guy should of had his oil changed at a Jilly Lube or somewhere else, instead of in front of his trailer. He was probably making a mess and didn't even use a drain pan, that's why the drunk guard wanted to shoot him.
Honestly

Berkeley, CA

#13 Sep 5, 2009
Which wrote:
Could it be that federal charges will be pending?
Honestly

Berkeley, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2009
Stupid is as stupid does for both parties directly involved in the incident and for the HOA that hired the security company who is also negligent for not making sure their employee was competent or qualified to do the job which it is painfully obvious he was not fit to do. Not an ounce of common sense or professionalism to be found anywhere in this story.
Are you seriously serious

Cerrillos, NM

#15 Sep 5, 2009
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? You have a serious malfunction. Who deserves to be shot for reaching for a ticket book? Never argue with a drunk..either the one holding a gun or the one at the keyboard.
Do you know sarcasm when you see it? Do you know the reputation of the judges in this city? Good gawd, wake up!
arnulfo

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Sep 5, 2009
cops need to read their law books and charge the proper crime thats why he is still out.
marta lopez

Grants, NM

#17 Sep 5, 2009
sounds like rent a cop has a serious problem

La Madera, NM

#19 Sep 5, 2009
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are disgusting. I give you 15 minutes to prove you are not trash...go...
You proved you are trash by your posting.

The security guard was doing his job. What he was paid to do by the HOA. He was being physically threatened by the guy, which is why he pulled the gun. That homeowner created the situation.

What do you not understand about an individual that thinks he is above the rules and regulations getting in a heated discussion and assaulting an individual doing his job is also being capable of grabbing the guard's gun? The man has issues.

You evidently are a kneejerk anarchist that believes you are above the law, also. You need an attitude adjustment.
arnulfo

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Sep 5, 2009
Michelle B wrote:
Mo Jos love changing their oil or antifreeze in their driveway and into prestone containers. Then they take them to the vacant lot or into the hills and dump them, along with all their home trash and construction trash. If it was illegal Canadians cramming into all liveable space on Airport Road Road and La Cienega doing the same thing would it still be racist? Prob not in the eyes of you bleeding heart libs. So save your "You racist idiot!" comments. I should not have to PUSH 1 for English anymore. I should not have to zig zag around anchor babies on the floor in the waiting room of the pediatricians office just to get my daughter seen, while their non English speaking moms and grandmas laugh at how cute an anchor baby plays on the floor. Not to mention they have no concept that the floor has filth and germs. But they don't care. I should not have to have my uninsured motorist pay out because Rapael Mariso Guadalupe Gonzalez likes to drive his ugly truck drunk and uninsured in Santa Fe then rear end my car. Moe Joes, who needs 'em?
well come to my country, its just the start stay long enough and it will get better for me that is
arnulfo

Santa Fe, NM

#21 Sep 5, 2009
one more thing in texas he would have been shot, problem over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) 14 hr Earthling-1 2,396
News Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Jun 17 MarieCornwall 13
News Paulson: crisis happens once or twice in 100 years (Nov '08) May '16 Oil Barron 16
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Immigrant children to arrive at Holloman on Sunday Feb '16 Sick of race card 52
News Ernestine Hagman (Dec '09) Feb '16 jeremy ortiz 2
News Updated 3 p.m.: Alleged broken promises leave c... (Oct '09) Feb '16 Anonymous 5
More from around the web