Stain or saint? Images catch Las Tram...

Stain or saint? Images catch Las Trampas residents by surprise

There are 101 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Stain or saint? Images catch Las Trampas residents by surprise. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Alfredo T. Romero was surprised to see the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe on the wall of his ancestral home in Las Trampas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jim Terr

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Sep 23, 2009
I wish more people were aware of the phenomenon of pareidolia (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia - especially the sample images) Nothing "anti-faith" here, just information we should all bring to these experiences, since it's a universal and understandable (and fascinating) thing.
arny

Anniston, AL

#3 Sep 23, 2009
i guess you need something to belive in.
ReaderX

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 Sep 23, 2009
gee, it would be really great if we could see the image.
rivers2bx

Huntsville, AL

#5 Sep 23, 2009
It's definitely a sign--whether you believe it's a divine apparition, or a water stain, the message is clear--stop with the deferred maintenance already and clean up your beautiful but rundown property......
Santa Fe Woman

Wilmington, NC

#6 Sep 23, 2009
So, where are the photographs of the images? Interesting that the newspaper paid a reporter to write an article and did not follow thru with a photographer and photographs as proof ....evidence. Hummmmmmm.....Very suspicious behavior ! LOL
Intercultural

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Sep 23, 2009
Maybe somebody can use google earth to see if anything is on the roof.
psalm116

Shawnee Mission, KS

#8 Sep 23, 2009
I agree, why isn't there a photograph of the image, since that is the subject of the article?
Backwater town

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Sep 23, 2009
ohhhhhhh, that's special.
La Llorona

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Sep 23, 2009
You have got to be joking! Rain water flows from the stove pipe and drips down onto the wall. The stain is caused from the soot inside the pipe and leaks out at the 90 degree connection. Almost looks as if someone peed on the wall. Enough of these tortilla Jesus stories. Write about how these communities can create community, its leaders, or its children.
Hunter

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Sep 23, 2009
Our Lady of Guadalupe? It looks more like dog poo to me. I wonder what kind of a "sign" that is.
How totally

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Sep 23, 2009
stupid! Stare at a stucco wall long enough, anywhere, and you see all kinds if designs.
sanafepea

Flowood, MS

#13 Sep 23, 2009
wow, do you people have to be so mean? what does it hurt to have a little imagination or faith?
LOL

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Sep 23, 2009
Intercultural wrote:
Maybe somebody can use google earth to see if anything is on the roof.
that is sooo funnny! Thank you. Great way to start my Wednesday. Good sense of humor.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Fe

#15 Sep 23, 2009
I believe Stigmata is a real phenomenon.
http://www.answers.com/topic/stigmata

Why not the virgin Mary on my toast/wall.

Life is a super natural experience.

Are you a physical body with spirit? Or are you spirit, experiencing the physical world?

We don`t know it all, we experience but a fraction of our world.
ade in SF

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Sep 23, 2009
Santa Fe Woman wrote:
So, where are the photographs of the images? Interesting that the newspaper paid a reporter to write an article and did not follow thru with a photographer and photographs as proof ....evidence. Hummmmmmm.....Very suspicious behavior ! LOL
Yeah, bizarre.
rivers2bx

Huntsville, AL

#17 Sep 23, 2009
Yes, life can be magical, but sometimes toast is just breakfast, and superstition is just not seeing natural phenomena for what it is.

Since: Sep 09

Powhatan Point, OH

#18 Sep 23, 2009
Ambro wrote:
I believe Stigmata is a real phenomenon.
http://www.answers.com/topic/stigmata
Why not the virgin Mary on my toast/wall.
Life is a super natural experience.
Are you a physical body with spirit? Or are you spirit, experiencing the physical world?
We don`t know it all, we experience but a fraction of our world.
HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How old are you anyway?
Jose Publicio

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Sep 23, 2009
Hey Bro, Can I get some of what your smoking!
Whathe

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Sep 23, 2009
Better cut the stucco out before the next rain ... otherwise, the next image in the slide show could be Madalyn Murray O'Hair. Then what would you say to the neighbors?
Sam

Los Alamos, NM

#21 Sep 23, 2009
Using Google street view... it wasnt there in 2008 LOL! look it up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Santa Fe New Mexican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NMSU Chancellor Carruthers to retire in 2018 Aug 16 roberta 2
News About those climate denials: You're wrong Aug 13 Patriot AKA Bozo 1
News Mayor hopefuls in Albuquerque share police refo... Aug 11 The truth 1
News PNM customers call for more clean energy, not h... Aug 8 Concave 1
News Finance Committee OKs circus ban proposal Aug 2 El Eijo de Verda 1
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... Jul 25 Red Crosse 16
News Echoes of the past still haunt Pojoaque's Line ... (Jun '09) Jul 20 Jdesharnais 43
More from around the web