Officials deny parole for ex-fiancee ...

Officials deny parole for ex-fiancee murderer

There are 22 comments on the Redwood City Daily News story from May 2, 2007, titled Officials deny parole for ex-fiancee murderer . In it, Redwood City Daily News reports that:

An inmate serving 25 years to life in prison for the murder of his former fiancee in 1985 was denied parole Monday at California State Prison in Solano County, San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney ...
An inmate serving 25 years to life in prison for the murder of his former fiancee in 1985 was denied parole Monday at California State Prison in Solano County, San Mateo County Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said. <br/> <br/>Craig Anderson, 51, who was born into a wealthy San Carlos family that owned a San Francisco paint company, was convicted by a jury in 1986 for the murder of Denise Redlick, of San Bruno. <br/> <br/>Anderson and Redlick had been engaged, but Redlick reportedly decided to end the relationship after Anderson began displaying angry and threatening behavior toward her, according to Wagstaffe, who helped prosecute the trial along with Carl Holm, now a San Mateo County Superior Court judge. <br/> <br/>Redlick disappeared on Nov. 11, 1985, after she had lunch with a female friend in Burlingame. She was never seen alive again. <br/> <br/>The trial was conducted based on circumstantial evidence. The prosecution argued that Anderson, angry at Redlick's refusal to marry him, rented a van to follow her unnoticed, then confronted her outside the Burlingame restaurant and dragged her into the van, where she was killed.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

#1 Oct 28, 2007
Thank God this murderer was not paroled. I have been thinking about Denise Redlick and Anderson recently and just tonight decided to google him. It was a relief to see he is not free to prey on another young woman.
Never get out

Hayward, CA

#2 Oct 28, 2007
Not only did Anderson kill Redlick, but he refused to tell authorities where she was further torturing her family. He should never get out
True accounts guru

Lafayette, CO

#3 Nov 21, 2007
I believe that Craig Anderson should spend the rest of his life away from any community, the man is a proven pathological lier, murder of a obviously beautiful young lady, he does not deserve freedom, or a chance at life! Due to the fact that he took any chance of Denise living a long, successful life. The man is a danger 2 any woman & will hopefully be sodimized until the day he leaves this earth!
Jack Kirkpatrick

#4 Nov 21, 2007
Blame the courts, not the Parole Board or the Governor.... You have to have a series of compelling arguments to the court to deny parole in a life with the possibility of parole sentences.

You should also request from your legislators new laws governing restricting life in prison sentences where parole could be granted.

Assemblywoman Sharon Runner (top right of her web page) and her husband Senator George Runner: are point legislators that may be receptive to stricter criminal laws. Go to their "Feedback" section at the bottom of his web page.

Your other state legislators are listed on:

Good luck - this problem is a nonpartisan so there may be some Democrats that you can enlist support or you may be able to effect a proposition (the people court) if the legislature is non-responsive.

Good Luck - self serving arguments from a criminal to minimize their behavior is not credible. Their arguments must demonstrate rehabilitation and performance is nearly everything!

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Nov 21, 2007
Apparently some people want this guy to stay in jail.

United States

#6 Nov 27, 2007
I just read a book entitled "Too Good to Be True" and I was curious to see whether he had been awarded parole. I am glad to see him rot in jail. I was in a violent relationship. I am lucky I was out safely. I still don't trust my ex not to do anything because he is an angry and violent person and unless someone admits and gets help, they will never change. They will just keep treating people that way and unfortunately it takes a situation like Denise's to stop them. May he rot in jail.

Stanford, CA

#7 Nov 28, 2007
someone should just let him out, kidnap him, fry his testicles and shoot him. Then everyone would be happy.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#8 Jan 28, 2008
The day I finished the book, it reports that he was turned down for parole. I hope they never let him out!!!

Woodway, TX

#9 Jan 29, 2008
Boo Hoo she broke up with me.. He's an idiot. His past history with other women speaks volumes. The scary thing in all of this, is that there are a million more lunatics just like him out there. No one is safe, no one can be trusted, really!

Woodway, TX

#10 Jan 29, 2008
I just finished reading Too Good To Be True and my GOD, she should have never felt sorry for him, she should have seen the writing on the wall. Because of her sensitive nature and her kind hearted soul, she was mostly worried about how he would fare after the breakup. She should never have met with him anywhere and she should have cut all ties with him. She died because she just really never thought he would actually KILL her. She knew he was jealous and petty and hateful sometimes but you know she never believed he would kill. I feel so sorry for her family. She seemed like the perfect daughter for any parents to have. May God please them and guide them as they live the remainder of their days without her.

San Mateo, CA

#11 May 4, 2008
I am glad to hear he didn't get paroled. I hope he never does. It was ashame what he did and took her away from us. Denise was a great person and a good friend. I've been away from this for a while but also did a search to check on his parole. I still think about her from time to time and all the fun we had. Maybe you can figure out who I am if you read the book. I was fortunate enough to see her just before this happened. I told her to be careful with him.

#12 Jun 1, 2008
I just finished reading To0 Good To Be True, & i was checking to see if the MURDERER was still in prison..........THANKFULLY he is. It's just too bad that he wasn't found guilty of solicitation of murder on that other case........maybe then , combined with this.........he would NEVER even have a chance at parole.
Even after all these years, Denise's family must still suffer from losing her to such an animal.
This murderer should never see freedom again........I will keep the Redlick family in my prayers.

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Sep 6, 2008
This animal should rot in prison for the rest of his life. He is a sorry excuse for a human and has made Denise's parents life a living hell. I might feel differently if he had been man enough to confess but as long as continues to deny that he is the person responsible for her death, he needs to stay right where he is!

Florham Park, NJ

#14 Sep 28, 2008
I too just finished reading the book and wanted to see if Craig Anderson was still in prison. The amount of pain he put the Redlick family through by not letting them know where the body was dumped was cruel.

Livermore, CA

#15 Apr 25, 2009
As a good childhood friend of hers, it saddens me to see her parents whenever I am in the neighborhood visiting mine. I hope that they don't recognize me because I don't want to remind them that there is our daughter's former friend living her life as Denise should be doing as well, although they probably think about her each day.

San Jose, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2009
How sad it is that Denise's life was taken at such a young age. She was beautiful and loving. This Anderson guy should be hung! and definitely never released! Just thinking of ya Denise and how much I miss ya!

Marina, CA

#17 Jan 18, 2010
As Craig's former roommate and friend (10 years before this murder), I have had a hard time seeing Craig as a Murderer. As 20-21 year-olds just out of high-school, we played basketball, partied with friends, did all the things young guys do, but always within the law. As I understand it, he was using cocaine at the time, and I assume he was losing his good looks due to weight gain and balding and things weren't as easy as they had been before (born with a silver spoon). He cracked. The Craig I knew wouldn't have done this. I sorry he wasted her life and his and wrecked several families lives as well. I have thought of Craig many times (as I did today) but cannot convince myself to contact him. His Mom gave me his address but what would I say? What a waste...

San Bruno, CA

#18 Feb 11, 2010
Went to school with Craig,he was as arrogant as it gets.If you were not part of his click, he would spat verbally abusive, hateful comments at you.He held himself above EVERYONE else.I always felt threatened by him, to the point I was scared of him.His eyes held no remorse.

#19 Apr 11, 2010
I had a cleaning service in San Mateo at the time of the murder. His friend recommended us to clean his house. I gave him an estimate and he asked us to come that week. I showed my workers what needed to be done. When we were empting the garbage there was a pair of womens panty hose and a pair or mens pants with the rear seam split. We couldnt find the trash outside so I took it home with me to throw away. When the girls were leaving the police came with a search warrant.I belive he hired us to clean up any evidence. When I found out he was arrested I called police but it was to late the trash had gone out. How sad for her family. I am happy he was denied parloe.

Wichita, KS

#20 Nov 11, 2010
I have just finished reading Too Good To Be True, I have read alot of tru crime books, but this one really hit home. I feel so sorry for the Redlick family. I cannot imagine the agony of losing a daughter. I hope that Anderson is kept in prison the rest of his life. He may not kill again, but we damn well know he will make another woman miserable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputy sheriff claims harassment (Aug '08) Jan '18 Skadoodle 124
Breaching Camp Glenwood: a medium security faci... (Aug '08) Nov '17 good boy after camp 30
Redwood City History "Add Facts, Memories & Tho... (Sep '08) Aug '17 mycues 28
News Police ID man fatally shot on Highway 101 (Jun '08) Aug '16 AnGe 33
News Stunned in Sin City vice bust (Apr '08) Apr '16 SEXWORKERSANONYMOUS 24
Want Free Vocational Training? (Aug '07) Oct '14 Eugene Dean 2
Redwood City Shooting from 11/8/07 in RWC (Nov '07) Apr '14 RWC descent 111