Redwood City History "Add Facts, Memo...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
homero prado

Richmond, CA

#21 Sep 20, 2012
Does any one remember the Washington high school on woodside rd.or attended the school?
Jeanne Bernasque Multhaup

Valley Springs, CA

#22 Oct 26, 2012
There was a hamburger place on Old Bayshore owned & operated by Diz Donovan. This was probably in the fifties. My mother & I would frequent his place often, since we lived on Middlefield & Marshall (the house is still there). Diz & his wife would serve the BEST hamburgers!! I do remember the train tracks that were by the parking lot. Thanks goodness for long-term memory!
Michael B

Palm City, FL

#23 Sep 14, 2013
I went to Hoover then hawes elementry in the 60's
lougert

Philomath, OR

#24 Oct 31, 2013
back in the fifties...
Safeway on Brewster suffered a collapse during construction...
would like more details...

thank you
Edward Burggraf

Auburn, WA

#25 Dec 7, 2013
Wondering if there is a source of info on the bus company and its routes during the 1950's. Short little buses on three or four routes, all radiating from the Southern Pacific station. Fare was, I believe, 25 cents.

I lived on Alameda de las Pulgas from 1946 to 1960 and rode that bus occasionally (when I could afford it).

Ed
Stormy Steigman

Pine Grove, CA

#26 Apr 24, 2014
This is my 1st time so if I mess-up it's my sister's fault~~Things i remember about RWC~~~Woodside Road~~Foster's freeze~across from safeway ~~where I worked~~~Speedy's Chicken~~Manor Market, on the corner of Hudson and Woodside rd. So much more

later
stormy steigman
Stormy Steigman

Pine Grove, CA

#27 Apr 24, 2014
More memories to come~~from the heart of rwc~~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Redwood City Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breaching Camp Glenwood: a medium security faci... (Aug '08) Jan '15 Another Former De... 28
Want Free Vocational Training? (Aug '07) Oct '14 Eugene Dean 2
Redwood City Shooting from 11/8/07 in RWC (Nov '07) Apr '14 RWC descent 111
New Sam Trans Bus Stops (Mar '14) Mar '14 Angry Alamedian 1
News BREAKING NEWS: Triple homicide in Redwood City ... (Jun '08) Feb '14 Goodbye RWC 130
Downtown Redwood City Gang Banger problem (Apr '08) Feb '14 Goodbye RWC 170
News Deputy sheriff claims harassment (Aug '08) Feb '14 The Truth Will Out 123
More from around the web