Mountain View murder suspect arrested...

Mountain View murder suspect arrested in Mobile, Ala.

There are 64 comments on the Palo Alto Daily News story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Mountain View murder suspect arrested in Mobile, Ala.. In it, Palo Alto Daily News reports that:

FBI agents apprehended a Mountain View murder suspect in Alabama late last week, the Mountain View Police Department reported Monday.
FBI agents apprehended a Mountain View murder suspect in Alabama late last week, the Mountain View Police Department reported Monday. <br/> <br/>Sunnyvale resident Nathan Talarico, 19, who was arrested in Mobile, left the Bay Area following the Feb. 7 fatal shooting of 20-year-old Jeffrey Johnson of Mountain View, said police spokeswoman Liz Wylie, adding that she learned of the arrest Friday. <br/> <br/>FBI agents initially believed Talarico had fled to Miami, Fla., but switched flights at the last minute after learning he had turned up in Alabama, Wylie said. She said the suspect will be returned to Mountain View either today or Wednesday. <br/> <br/>Talarico is suspected of playing a role in the murder of Johnson, according to an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Mark Dixon in U.S. District Court in San Jose on Friday. <br/> <br/>Talarico was one of three suspects who shot at Johnson and the two men with whom he was trying to broker a drug deal in the parking lot of Happi House Restaurant, according to Dixon, citing information obtained from the Mountain View Police Department. <br/> <br/>According to the passenger riding in Johnson's Ford Explorer at the time of the shooting, Johnson was arranging to sell marijuana to two separate groups in the parking lot. The witness, whose name is being withheld, said three men arrived on foot. <br/> <br/>One of the men, later identified as Talarico, announced, "I'm fine hella coked up!" When the passenger noticed one of the men hiding and attempting to cover his face, he became nervous and urged Johnson to leave, according to Dixon's affidavit. As Johnson was backing out, one of the suspects - hiding part of his face with the sleeve of his sweatshirt - shot at Johnson, who "rapidly accelerated away before crashing the vehicle," Dixon wrote. <br/> <br/>Johnson later collided with two vehicles at El Camino Real and Ehrhorn Avenue and was pronounced dead at a local hospital. <br/> <br/>Back in the parking lot, Talarico and the other two suspects began chasing and shooting at the two drug buyers who had been waiting with Johnson, according to the affidavit. <br/> <br/>The Mountain View Police Department is still investigating the other suspects, Wylie said. <br/> <br/>The department filed a no-bail arrest warrant for Talarico on Thursday. Officers initially determined that Talarico left San Jose on a Greyhound bus Feb. 11 and arrived in Miami on Feb. 14. The lead developed when a witness received a phone call from Talarico using a cell phone belonging to Amanda Gutierrez, a former Mountain View resident now believed to be living in Miami, according to the affidavit. <br/> <br/>A cell phone check showed that Talarico and Gutierrez, who were known to be "associates," called each other one hour after the homicide and that Gutierrez immediately called the bus line after the shooting, Dixon wrote. <br/> <br/>Wylie was unable to provide details about Talarico's arrest in Alabama. <br/> <br/> <br/>E-mail Kristina Peterson at [email protected] <br/>
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Truth

Lodi, CA

#63 Jan 14, 2010
My heart goes out to the family of the victim and I hope that they realize the young man is no longer confined to the physical cavity and is now capable of influencing laughter all around the world. To all who blame Cannabis for this young mans death, youre ignorant to say the least. Blaming the illegality of Cannabis for this incident may be partially true but solely blaming the existence and utilization of the herb would be moronic. The way you imply Cannabis users are delinquents and incapable of being beneficial components of society shows me youre par for the course when I call you imbeciles. Please dont procreate and stay away from our children.
gram

Hilmar, CA

#64 Oct 10, 2010
reference Ted_Kaczynski's INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTUREĀ 

http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
there is

Pleasanton, CA

#65 Mar 22, 2013
"Suspicious"]For some reason, this seems like more than just a marijuana drug deal "gone bad." Whether it's gang involvement or harder drugs, I don't know, but there has got to be more to the story. From reading these posts and the news articles, things just don't add up."

I heard he owed money for coke fronted and never paid. The guys he called for weed called the coke dealer who showed up and shot him.
there is

Pleasanton, CA

#66 Mar 22, 2013
"Suspicious"]For some reason, this seems like more than just a marijuana drug deal "gone bad." Whether it's gang involvement or harder drugs, I don't know, but there has got to be more to the story. From reading these posts and the news articles, things just don't add up."
Nobody wants to cooperate because the plan was for the guys in car #2, not the white that was Jeffs explorer, to rob Nate. I heard both sides had guns and that nobody expected Nate to have called the guy that had been unpaid by Jeff. When he showed up pissed that Jeff robbed him he walked up and shot him through the windshield. Car #2 pussed out and took off but also reason they were chased. From who I talked to its unclear whether they even got a shot off. Immunity doesn't help once everyone finds out how shady your past is through the news. Try to rob a dealer only to find another dealer you robbed shows up. Sounds like a shitty day. Now somebody is dead over a couple hundred bucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serra now officially a WCAL North lightweight (Jun '09) Aug 25 Padre2004 756
News Students mourn classmate (Mar '07) Jul '16 Monalisa Smile 213
News Physician sues former workers (Dec '07) Jun '16 CuriousDub 71
News Hearing begins for Daly City man accused of wif... (Jan '07) Mar '16 TaShawn78 300
News Family of child molester asks for leniency (Apr '07) Feb '16 Donnie344308 150
White Privilege (Sep '08) Feb '16 Bill Cosby 6
News Gang stongholds still exist in East Palo Alto (Aug '07) Jan '16 alberni st 73
More from around the web