Mountain View murder suspect arrested...

Mountain View murder suspect arrested in Mobile, Ala.

There are 64 comments on the Palo Alto Daily News story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Mountain View murder suspect arrested in Mobile, Ala.. In it, Palo Alto Daily News reports that:

FBI agents apprehended a Mountain View murder suspect in Alabama late last week, the Mountain View Police Department reported Monday.
FBI agents apprehended a Mountain View murder suspect in Alabama late last week, the Mountain View Police Department reported Monday. <br/> <br/>Sunnyvale resident Nathan Talarico, 19, who was arrested in Mobile, left the Bay Area following the Feb. 7 fatal shooting of 20-year-old Jeffrey Johnson of Mountain View, said police spokeswoman Liz Wylie, adding that she learned of the arrest Friday. <br/> <br/>FBI agents initially believed Talarico had fled to Miami, Fla., but switched flights at the last minute after learning he had turned up in Alabama, Wylie said. She said the suspect will be returned to Mountain View either today or Wednesday. <br/> <br/>Talarico is suspected of playing a role in the murder of Johnson, according to an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Mark Dixon in U.S. District Court in San Jose on Friday. <br/> <br/>Talarico was one of three suspects who shot at Johnson and the two men with whom he was trying to broker a drug deal in the parking lot of Happi House Restaurant, according to Dixon, citing information obtained from the Mountain View Police Department. <br/> <br/>According to the passenger riding in Johnson's Ford Explorer at the time of the shooting, Johnson was arranging to sell marijuana to two separate groups in the parking lot. The witness, whose name is being withheld, said three men arrived on foot. <br/> <br/>One of the men, later identified as Talarico, announced, "I'm fine hella coked up!" When the passenger noticed one of the men hiding and attempting to cover his face, he became nervous and urged Johnson to leave, according to Dixon's affidavit. As Johnson was backing out, one of the suspects - hiding part of his face with the sleeve of his sweatshirt - shot at Johnson, who "rapidly accelerated away before crashing the vehicle," Dixon wrote. <br/> <br/>Johnson later collided with two vehicles at El Camino Real and Ehrhorn Avenue and was pronounced dead at a local hospital. <br/> <br/>Back in the parking lot, Talarico and the other two suspects began chasing and shooting at the two drug buyers who had been waiting with Johnson, according to the affidavit. <br/> <br/>The Mountain View Police Department is still investigating the other suspects, Wylie said. <br/> <br/>The department filed a no-bail arrest warrant for Talarico on Thursday. Officers initially determined that Talarico left San Jose on a Greyhound bus Feb. 11 and arrived in Miami on Feb. 14. The lead developed when a witness received a phone call from Talarico using a cell phone belonging to Amanda Gutierrez, a former Mountain View resident now believed to be living in Miami, according to the affidavit. <br/> <br/>A cell phone check showed that Talarico and Gutierrez, who were known to be "associates," called each other one hour after the homicide and that Gutierrez immediately called the bus line after the shooting, Dixon wrote. <br/> <br/>Wylie was unable to provide details about Talarico's arrest in Alabama. <br/> <br/> <br/>E-mail Kristina Peterson at kpeterson@dailynewsgroup.com. <br/>
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Orange is Fashionable

San Jose, CA

#1 Feb 26, 2008
OK that's good one arrested, but how about some more drug dealers and gang bangers in orange?

Has Amanda Gutierrez been charged as an accessory to murder or how about aiding and abetting Nathan Talarico's unlawful flight. Or perhaps there is more, conspiracy to commit murder did she help Nathan Talarico obtain the firearm?

If she is as guilty as her phone records imply put her in orange today.
Anonymous

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2008
Let justice prevail and be as swift as the gunmans' trigger finger.
Attention Potheads

Fremont, CA

#3 Feb 26, 2008
For all you fools that say Marijuana is not criminal and is a harmless recreational activity.

This story should have you wake up from your bong induced haze (but I doubt it). We have one immature desperate drug dealer (Jeffrey Johnson) dead simply because he was involved in marijuana. Where he lived he had other drug driven desperate people involved in his criminal activity coming to his home, into his neighborhood where innocent families and children live.

The lethal results that occurred on El Camino Real is not limited to some remote area; those exact same results could of happened on your door step right in your front yard next to your child. Perhaps this would not occur to you because your morality and ego tell you that using drugs is just a personal choice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Dopers and dope dealers are criminals and eventually (100% guarantee) there will be criminal violence.

Johnson was nothing more than a low life drug dealer and got exactly what drug dealers have been getting for years a street level death sentence enforced from another criminal (Nathan Talarico) for reasons only criminals understand.

Wake up you pot heads, your lifestyle kills.

Pity not the dead, instead make a stand against drugs. Report them to the police, cause them fear.
anonymous

Newark, CA

#4 Feb 26, 2008
Attention Potheads wrote:
For all you fools that say Marijuana is not criminal and is a harmless recreational activity.
This story should have you wake up from your bong induced haze (but I doubt it). We have one immature desperate drug dealer (Jeffrey Johnson) dead simply because he was involved in marijuana. Where he lived he had other drug driven desperate people involved in his criminal activity coming to his home, into his neighborhood where innocent families and children live.
The lethal results that occurred on El Camino Real is not limited to some remote area; those exact same results could of happened on your door step right in your front yard next to your child. Perhaps this would not occur to you because your morality and ego tell you that using drugs is just a personal choice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Dopers and dope dealers are criminals and eventually (100% guarantee) there will be criminal violence.
Johnson was nothing more than a low life drug dealer and got exactly what drug dealers have been getting for years a street level death sentence enforced from another criminal (Nathan Talarico) for reasons only criminals understand.
Wake up you pot heads, your lifestyle kills.
Pity not the dead, instead make a stand against drugs. Report them to the police, cause them fear.
I would ask cordially that nobody comments on Jeff Johnson who didn't know him. yes, drugs are illegal, yes he made a poor decision, but "low life drug dealer" is a bold statement for one who nothing about the victim. I know both johnson and talarico, and talarico's unjustly violent and flippant tenancies led to Johnson's death. Nothing else. In my personal opinion, passing judgement on a situation this serious without being properly informed is also "low life"
dfhsjk

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Feb 26, 2008
Karma has finally come and kicked nate's ass.
anonymous

Newark, CA

#6 Feb 26, 2008
dfhsjk wrote:
Karma has finally come and kicked nate's ass.
So appropriate and so true, no more nasty nate problems
A Mom

Alamo, CA

#7 Feb 26, 2008
My heart goes out to the Johnson family and everyone should take note that the havoc created by drug abuse knows no social bounds. I agree that Jeff was not a "low life drug dealer" and the use of this term is ignorant and totally insensitive. Obviously he got caught up in a situation with the lowest form of life imaginable-with such tragic results. I am so glad to learn that an arrest has been made, though I'm sure that is small consolation to Jeff's family....There but for the grace of God go any one of our kids.
A Mom

Alamo, CA

#8 Feb 26, 2008
ps I am not from Oakland, I don't know why the system thinks I am posting from there-I am definitely a local
sarahb

San Jose, CA

#9 Feb 27, 2008
Nasty is finally getting what he deserves. Karmas a bitch and nothing anyone does will change how he is or how he thinks. Let him out of custody and he'll just be back in the same dirt he was into before. There's no changing him and the sooner the police and everyone realize that, the sooner this on going drama with that low life (Nate) will end.
RIP JKJ

Menlo Park, CA

#10 Feb 27, 2008
Jeff was anything BUT a "low life drug dealer" he was one of the most funniest people i knew and had a heart of gold and love for life.. sadly drugs took his ability away to seak help and sadly his life had to end so early... he had a lot to give as a person and if any of you knew him and his strong family you would know " low life drug dealer" is NOT who is was... If Nasty is the one who fired the gun he desirves to never see the light of day again he took away a wonderful persons life that just needed some help getting clean...
And if jeff was so unliked then why were there not enough seats at his memorial service to hold everyone? People had to stand because thats how loved and well liked he was... Jeffrey Karl Johnson was a close friend and at this point I just hope his family gets some sort of justice because they are amazing people. My heart goes out to the Johnsons..
R.I.P Jeffrey Karl Johnson Oct 10, 1987- Feb. 7,2008
OUTLAW

Seattle, WA

#11 Feb 27, 2008
A Mom wrote:
My heart goes out to the Johnson family and everyone should take note that the havoc created by drug abuse knows no social bounds. I agree that Jeff was not a "low life drug dealer" and the use of this term is ignorant and totally insensitive. Obviously he got caught up in a situation with the lowest form of life imaginable-with such tragic results. I am so glad to learn that an arrest has been made, though I'm sure that is small consolation to Jeff's family....There but for the grace of God go any one of our kids.
He got what he deserved!
not cool

Paso Robles, CA

#12 Feb 27, 2008
Actually "Attention Potheads", being a "pothead" does not equal having a lifestyle that kills. That is silly statement. I know an abundance of habitual marijuana users who hold college degrees, have successful jobs (i.e. teachers, engineers, mental health professionals, salesmen, doctors, etc.) have families, volunteer, etc., etc. Stop making stupid statements if you want to be taken seriously.
Also, stating that Jeff was a "low life drug dealer" is far from being true. Did you know him? I doubt it. Please stop wasting your time expressing your OPINIONS as though they are FACTS. There is no need for that on here. Please have respect for the people who are on here. Most of them are mourning the death of a close friend. People are very much affected by the death of Jeff and do not need insensitive people on here making stupid statements about a young man who was taken away from them in a terrible act of violence.
A Mom

Alamo, CA

#13 Feb 27, 2008
OUTLAW wrote:
<quoted text>
He got what he deserved!
Loser,if you were involved I hope the cops catch you soon and you get the needle.
OUTLAW

Seattle, WA

#14 Feb 27, 2008
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Loser,if you were involved I hope the cops catch you soon and you get the needle.
No loser! I'm the outlaw that eliminates those scumbags. Plus his a coward that ran from the police. Good thing the police caught him first before the kkk did.
RRr

United States

#15 Feb 27, 2008
I hope someone beats you up looser, that KKK stuff is bs....that why you closet queers stay out in oregon
RRr

United States

#16 Feb 27, 2008
or washington, who cares no one pays attention to that part of the coast
A Mom

Alamo, CA

#17 Feb 28, 2008
RRr wrote:
I hope someone beats you up looser, that KKK stuff is bs....that why you closet queers stay out in oregon
Right on RRr, I'm with you on this. I think the loser Outlaw can't get his facts straight-Jeff did not run from the police and that is who we are defending. As for Nate, no comment other than the (alleged) extent of his depravity is shocking and surprising. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
Kristin

Redwood City, CA

#18 Feb 28, 2008
Excuse me but Jeff actually was an incredible person. Do not speak when you don't know what you are saying. So what if he smoked some pot...it gives NO ONE the right to pull the trigger on him or anyone else. You have no idea what the circumstances were completely. He was a really good friend of mine and he did not deserve to be murdered.
Kristin

Redwood City, CA

#19 Feb 28, 2008
by the way the previous comment was for ::ATTENTION POTHEADS::
Kristin

Redwood City, CA

#20 Feb 28, 2008
HOW COULD ANYONE SAY "hE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED" about jeff? that is senseless and disgusting that anyone could feel that way about a life...ecspecially one as special as his. I hope nasty nate and you two others all die in prison...dont drop the soap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man gets 6 months in cockfighting (Mar '08) Jan 9 un agenda 21 20
News Gang stongholds still exist in East Palo Alto (Aug '07) Dec '17 415 oldskool EPA 74
Serra now officially a WCAL North lightweight (Jun '09) May '17 2010 Team 762
News Teen beaten, robbed in city park (Jul '07) Dec '16 Karmabaych 4
News Breaking News: Police arrest gang member in Mou... (Sep '07) Oct '16 Southside13 37
24 Hour Fitness Scam - Could be repeated in Mou... (Aug '08) Sep '16 Gee force 51
News Students mourn classmate (Mar '07) Jul '16 Monalisa Smile 213
More from around the web