Lou

Berkeley, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2008
Another person I spoke with after the last posting says that if a painting signed "Armand Lourenco" showing carriage horses had been inside Bay Meadows, then this is rare since Lourenco did not typically paint animals. Usually he painted street scenes, clowns ect. This means according to him, that the painting was probably painted exclusively for the racetrack. Anyone know otherwise?
LHC

San Jose, CA

#2 Oct 19, 2013
The painting was, without a doubt painted for "Bay Meadows Race Track" The reason I know this is I have spent hundreds of hours researching this artist,and have yet to find anything to do with animals or in this case, race horses.The painting was auctioned off years ago when Bay Meadow closed. This makes this a very rare painting indeed.
LHC

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 19, 2013
One more thing. Many people do not know that Armand Lourenco had his studio in the same building as Picasso. This is were Picasso first began his cubist works. When the city of Paris wanted to buy the building, Lourenco put up $2,000 to try and stop the process. Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serra now officially a WCAL North lightweight (Jun '09) Sep 15 LOLSerraLegends 743
Hearing begins for Daly City man accused of wif... (Jan '07) Aug '14 Nursing School Mate 299
Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) May '14 Boy 279
Unemployment nears 10 percent (Mar '08) Mar '14 Stuart Cudahy 2
..to....IZZY NEWKIRK... (Jan '13) Feb '14 SHKORA PAUL arts 3
'' John Deere Farmers '' (Nov '08) Feb '14 SHKORA PAUL arts 18
Get Your Business Noticed Today! Free Submission (Oct '07) Oct '13 Mailing List Wizard 2
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••