can a one off "mild" child molestatio...

can a one off "mild" child molestation be forgiven?

Carly

Basildon, UK

#1 Jun 23, 2010
My friend came to me to tell me something that her husband confessed to her... about 12 years ago, when he was married to his former wife, he had a child that at the time, she was 18 months old. The child was usually fixated when it came to suck on things, pacifier, finger, back of your hand, whatever... One day when he came out of the bath, he had a hard on and the kid came in the bathroom, he says that in a split of a second, he thought it would be funny to see if the child would see his willy like a sucking object, she came close and sucked on it for a split of a second and suddenly he realized it and thought "what the f*** have I done?" and he says it only lasted a second. He kept it a secret. He eventually divorced his first wife and married my friend. My friend had 2 kids with him, he was/is a great father, really nice guy, hard working, sweet, polite, etc... and one day, he was crying and confessed in his new partner that he felt like the scum of the earth for what he had done. He says that he never did it again. That he does not get aroused by little kids, that he would never ever do that again. That he has been carrying this for the last 12 years and that it has affected his life so much, the guilt was unbearable but he felt he could not tell anyone for he would be seen as a monster. His current wife (my friend) does not know what to think and feel. She loves him dearly. He loves her and his family dearly. Now the trouble here is that... is my friend crazy for thinking that was 12 years ago, that hopefully he is telling the truth and it was only once and he feels really bad about it? he is willing to go to therapy but is scared to go to jail. My friend thinks that she should feel more scandalized by it but she wants to believe in him. He has never touched his kids (or so he says) with his new wife. Is my friend crazy for not throwing him out? SHe is scared of telling someone (well other than me and I swore to secrecy!) and does not know what to do... Opinions please... thanks.
Confused

Hampton, VA

#2 Sep 5, 2013
I sure wish someone answered your question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palo Alto Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Physician sues former workers (Dec '07) Jun 13 CuriousDub 71
Serra now officially a WCAL North lightweight (Jun '09) Jun 2 Sarah Padre 755
News Hearing begins for Daly City man accused of wif... (Jan '07) Mar '16 TaShawn78 300
News Family of child molester asks for leniency (Apr '07) Feb '16 Donnie344308 150
White Privilege (Sep '08) Feb '16 Bill Cosby 6
News Gang stongholds still exist in East Palo Alto (Aug '07) Jan '16 alberni st 73
News Case closed in homeless shooting (Dec '06) Dec '15 Dr SF 2
More from around the web