Horse Owner Faces Charges Following C...

Horse Owner Faces Charges Following Car vs. Horse Accident - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,...

There are 15 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 14, 2012, titled Horse Owner Faces Charges Following Car vs. Horse Accident - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

On Friday, October 12, 2012 at approximately 10:00 pm, officers from the Waynesboro Police Department responded to the scene of a motor vehicle crash at the intersection of Hopeman Parkway and Monroe St involving an SUV and a horse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

know it all

Arlington, VA

#1 Oct 15, 2012
How I knew alcohol was coming as I read this , though this only happened in Texas, Animal cruelty should be on the list next. he could have got a DUI.But he only has to pay $5000 & vet bill & $50 fine + court costs!
Albemarle Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 15, 2012
Atleast he was going to drink and drive:)
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Charge him with animal cruelty and take away his horse(s), trying to walk a bleeding horse with possible broken legs is just messed up.
WOW

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2012
OK..So he takes his horse instead of a mortor vehicle?Isnt that still some kind of a moving violation? something that dates back to the 1800's probably thats still on the books that they can charge him with.(being funny). Glad the driver wasnt hurt, and Hope this poor animal is gonna be ok.. smh

“bad luck or no luck”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 15, 2012
friends dont let friends ride drunk.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 15, 2012
No keys to hide from the driver, could of hidden the bridle I guess.
peoplearecrazy

Washington, DC

#7 Oct 15, 2012
It's all fun and games5353 until somebody gets hurt!I'm sure the Waynesboro Police have known about Carson doing this for years,and nobody did anything about it.Now they will!
Mister Ed

Baltimore, MD

#8 Oct 15, 2012
I miss Wilbur.
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Public drunkeness, endangering an animal,
A Reader

Richmond, VA

#10 Oct 15, 2012
Could have been like George jones and been driving his riding mower. Hope the horse recovers and is moved to a caring home. This gentleman doesn't need a horse -- I would make sure he doesn't have a riding mower either!!
hap

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 15, 2012
He should also be charged with animal cruelty. Poor horse. Gotta wonder how many times in the past this guy has done something like this, endangering his horse and other people, not to mention himself.
Pony Rides

Fincastle, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2012
This guy owns Dixie Pony Rides for children's parties. Lots of ponies and horses.
Alaskan 454 Casull

Brookneal, VA

#13 Oct 15, 2012
He stopped at the Moose Lodge to get directtions to the Horse Lodge, but the Moose got mad and ran him out of there fast.
Alaskan 454 Casull

Brookneal, VA

#14 Oct 15, 2012
Whiskey for my me, beer for my horses.
Robin Hensley

Douglasville, GA

#15 Oct 16, 2012
Thank you Waynesboro First Aid for trying to assist with the horse's injuries. They don't teach that in EMT class. I hope they don't have to put the horse down due to his injuries. Every animal this man has should be removed from him.
Just because he didn't drive there did not mean he could not have killed someone, the man in the car was very lucky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Staiger Seeks Fluvanna County School Board Seat... Nov 15 A Person in the Know 12
News Kaepernick, 49ers teammate kneel during nationa... (Sep '16) Nov 15 Much Farts 22
News 14-Year-Old Identified in Fatal Fluvanna Accident (Feb '10) Nov 7 Rural jokes 8
News Fluvanna County Woman Kicks Off School Board Ca... (Aug '12) Nov 4 Go Andrew 12
News Fluvanna County Republicans Get out the Vote in... (Sep '12) Oct 30 DonaldMcDumpfHeil... 51
News Fluvanna Light Display Honoring Veterans (May '13) Oct 29 el rey de los cam... 7
News Charlottesville Police Arrest Man Accused of Fraud (Apr '13) Oct '17 DonaldMcDumpfHeil... 15
More from around the web