VDOT Warns of Dangers Driving on Floo...

VDOT Warns of Dangers Driving on Flooded Roadways

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 5, 2013, titled VDOT Warns of Dangers Driving on Flooded Roadways. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

It's an optical illusion: what looks like a shallow pool of water could be deep enough to be dangerous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 7, 2013
If you live here and you drive down all the way down Proffit road from 29 following a heavy rain and get to the "high water road closed" signs, it's your own fault. Everyone should know that road floods.
Old Ivy Rd, you have even less of excuse since the drive around is 3-4 minutes at worse and most people using that road live or work off of it or routinely use it as a shortcut, so they should know better than to drive down there after a heavy rain.
TooFunny

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 7, 2013
VDOT should warn of using cell phone more than this rare issue.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 7, 2013
I can do without VDOT warnings.....What I would really like to see is VDOT repairing some of the pot holes in the roads.....A 25-30K dollar car and have to drive on some roads that are not even fit for buckboard wagon.....
Simpleton

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
jogger wrote:
I can do without VDOT warnings.....What I would really like to see is VDOT repairing some of the pot holes in the roads.....A 25-30K dollar car and have to drive on some roads that are not even fit for buckboard wagon.....
You could not hold VDOT's jockstrap!
Ice Dogg

Cumming, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
jogger wrote:
And to think nowdays a 25-30K car is just a mid entry chevy.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
VDOT warns of driving with your eys closed, VDOT warns of driving the wrong way on a one way street, VDOT warns of driving at all.
Class of 1986

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
VDOT should inform people of this BEFORE the weather calls for flooding. It might stick in the memories better...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlottesville's Free Trolley to Detour for UV... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News Charlottesville City Schools Releases Open Hous... Aug 18 Jennifer Watkins 1
News UVA Encouraging Students to Avoid Wertland St. ... Aug 18 What would Trump do 1
News Fatal Tractor Trailer Accident on I-64 in Louisa (Dec '10) Aug 9 Ashley 19
News Augusta County House Fire - NBC29 WVIR Charlott... (Apr '12) Jul 27 Ashley 5
News Judge Dismisses Case Against The Inn at Afton O... (Aug '12) Jul '16 Karen Jones 19
News Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Jun '16 DEVGOD 136
More from around the web