George Welsh Indoor Practice Facility...

George Welsh Indoor Practice Facility Opens Just In Time For UVA

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 15, 2013, titled George Welsh Indoor Practice Facility Opens Just In Time For UVA. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

UVA Center, Luke Bowonko said, "Ever since the whistle blew against Tech, guys have been itching to get back out here." Typically snow would damper their game plan but luckily the 80,000 square foot, 13 million dollar George Welsh Indoor Practice facility officially opened its doors on the same day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

huck

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I hope they don't have to play in the snow.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
I can here it now, gee coach do really have to play in the rain? So you train your players to play in perfect weather with no experience in bad weather. Good call. Pampered much?
confused

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Mar 18, 2013
that will be the excuse next yr when they get their tails handed to them each week. we should have practiced in bad weather coach!
Crazy

Ruckersville, VA

#4 Mar 19, 2013
Above might be three of the dumbest spring football comments written in a very long time. All of your top programs have that type of facility so they don't lose reps like you will with the weather. You can actually get solid reps in and not worry. Because we are known for how horrible the weather is in VA.... Idiots. That's like training our military, are they pampered because they don't get real bullets shot at them doing boot camp? You people are really either true haters or so dumb I surprised you even able to type.
TJ says

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 19, 2013
Mired in mediocrity...
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 19, 2013
Crazy wrote:
Above might be three of the dumbest spring football comments written in a very long time. All of your top programs have that type of facility so they don't lose reps like you will with the weather. You can actually get solid reps in and not worry. Because we are known for how horrible the weather is in VA.... Idiots. That's like training our military, are they pampered because they don't get real bullets shot at them doing boot camp? You people are really either true haters or so dumb I surprised you even able to type.
like the bullet analogy, makes sense
King Ralph

Gladys, VA

#7 Mar 19, 2013
It was named after George Welsh so I assume it has whiskey on tap, hope to visit soon.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Crazy wrote:
Florida doesn't.
Crazy

Ruckersville, VA

#9 Mar 19, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Florida doesn't.
Sorry, most top programs have them or have them planned.
John Teller

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
A soft team just got softer...ever hear of the Junction Boys...? That team doesn't deserve to share time at McIntire Field with the Rec League softball teams. Guess they are afraid they might get muddy or cold. Glad they named it after Coach Welsh at least, that guy has forgotten more about football than those clowns coaching that team now will ever know. I guarantee he would only use that place if it was lightening outside.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 20, 2013
Crazy wrote:
What horrible weather? Weather here in the south is lame. Your analogy is lame also. You want to see horrible weather? spend a month in the north Atlantic during winter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vandals Spray Paint Culpeper Police Cars (Dec '08) Aug 4 2 of the 5 involved 4
News Augusta Woman No Longer Faces Animal Cruelty Ch... (May '12) Aug 3 Buk 8
News Officer who shot Australian woman felt called t... Jul '17 Indict Hillary NOW 12
News McConnell, Paul talk health care _ just not wit... Jul '17 my vote 242
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul '17 K curra 43
News New Law Requires Disclosure Statement for Lyme ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 jasmina1990 21
News GE Fanuc Joint Venture Dissolved (Aug '09) Jun '17 Ex GE Fanucer 18
More from around the web