Habitat for Humanity Launches Project...

Habitat for Humanity Launches Project 20 - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Habitat for Humanity Launches Project 20 - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Habitat for Humanity of Greater Charlottesville is launching an ambitious campaign to end Charlottesville's affordable housing crunch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

blaster

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Yey more section 8 welfare cellphones medicaid foodstamp lifes to get to ruin another nice and i might add large home
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#2 Oct 3, 2012
blaster wrote:
Yey more section 8 welfare cellphones medicaid foodstamp lifes to get to ruin another nice and i might add large home
The house in the picture is a duplex for two families, somewhere under 1300 sq ft.(Not so big). There is also a vetting process before residents can move in/buy.
jogger

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Just what charlottesville needs more housing for the poor and disadvantaged who will turn these new homes into slums within 6 month of occupancy.....
enough of these feel good projects to help the poor and disadvantaged...let the poor move on ...back to buckingham county where they came from..
Anonymous

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2012
blaster wrote:
It's sad when some people are so bitter and cynical inside that they can't even stand to see others do good.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Oct 4, 2012
jogger wrote:
Just what charlottesville needs more housing for the poor and disadvantaged who will turn these new homes into slums within 6 month of occupancy.....
enough of these feel good projects to help the poor and disadvantaged...let the poor move on ...back to buckingham county where they came from..
Yes, Jogger, heaven forbid anyome should clutter up "your" landscape with people who don't have a lot of money. And by the way, I'm no fan of Buckingham county, but even I think that your comment was low.
blaster

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 4, 2012
I have never seen a habitat home in anywhere but trash drug neighborhoods along with moving in all the rest of the parasitical family members who help trash the place
Jai

United States

#7 May 16, 2013
Sometimes if I come across an ignorant statement, I let it ride but this time I had to address it. Everyone that receives help such as Medicaid are not poor. Some people receive Medicaid due to circumstances beyond their control. Six years ago my kidneys failed and was placed on dialysis. When my kidneys failed, I was working a 40 hour week with great benefits. Not everyone that lives in Buckingham, just as everyone that makes an ignorant statement are not stupid, are poor. Everyone that lives in Albemarle county are not rich or wealthy but I imagine you know that already. The service Habitat provides is one of compassion. I am not certain if you ever needed help from anyone but should you ever fall on hard times, I pray the Lord has mercy on you and judge you according to your need and not according to your less than humble attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panhandling at Stop Lights Raises Enforcement Q... (May '13) Jun 16 DEVGOD 136
News Police Standoff at Lake Monticello Ends, Suspec... (Feb '13) Jun 8 Sick of Taxes 80
News 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined... (Nov '15) May '16 Three Days 3
News University of Mary Washington names new president Apr '16 Jennie Marie 1
News Staunton Police Investigate Murder-Suicide (May '09) Apr '16 Someone 9
News Kyle Long Arrested in Charlottesville (Jan '09) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 83
News Greene County Church Arson Trial (Mar '11) Mar '16 stephen fox 43
More from around the web