Albemarle Middle School Participates ...

Albemarle Middle School Participates in College Prep Program

There are 5 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Albemarle Middle School Participates in College Prep Program. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

It's never too early to start thinking about college, and that's exactly what a group of Albemarle County middle school students are doing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Jim

Harrisonburg, VA

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Kudos to Albemarle County for adopting AVID.
Yawn

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
News? What did they serve for lunch?

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#3 Mar 1, 2013
"he program gets students ready for more than hard classes; it prepares them for the adulthood that comes along with being in college. AVID aims to teach time management skills, writing applications and essays, and applying for financial assistance."

Isn't this what regular class curriculum along with parent participation is supposed to teach?
Taxed Enough

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
What a complete waste of my tax money! Kids do not need to worry about college until they are done with high school! This is total and utter tax waste!

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#5 Mar 3, 2013
Taxed Enough wrote:
What a complete waste of my tax money! Kids do not need to worry about college until they are done with high school! This is total and utter tax waste!
"Kids do not need to worry about college until they are done with high school!

I can't say that I agree with you on this statement. Your education from Elementary through High School is to prepare you for college. However, not everyone needs to go to college. There are kids that should learn a good trade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vandals Spray Paint Culpeper Police Cars (Dec '08) Aug 4 2 of the 5 involved 4
News Augusta Woman No Longer Faces Animal Cruelty Ch... (May '12) Aug 3 Buk 8
News Officer who shot Australian woman felt called t... Jul 19 Indict Hillary NOW 12
News McConnell, Paul talk health care _ just not wit... Jul '17 my vote 242
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul '17 K curra 43
News New Law Requires Disclosure Statement for Lyme ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 jasmina1990 21
News GE Fanuc Joint Venture Dissolved (Aug '09) Jun '17 Ex GE Fanucer 18
More from around the web