Bates Strikes Twice to Upset No. 23 H...

Bates Strikes Twice to Upset No. 23 High Point - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and ...

There are 1 comment on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 9, 2012, titled Bates Strikes Twice to Upset No. 23 High Point - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The UVA Men's soccer team took down No. 23 High Point 2-1 at Klockner Stadium Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Charles

Greensboro, NC

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Congratulations to the Hoos! Watching the replay, however, I have to say that seems like a poor call on the penalty and a regrettable way to decide a well-played match, especially in the 88th minute. UVa's striker drilled a ball directly at the High Point defender at close range who, if anything, appears to be attempting to withdraw his arm, not extend it. In my opinion, inadvertent contact would seem to have been the proper call, especially as the play occurred in the closing moments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBC29 Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vandals Spray Paint Culpeper Police Cars (Dec '08) Aug 4 2 of the 5 involved 4
News Augusta Woman No Longer Faces Animal Cruelty Ch... (May '12) Aug 3 Buk 8
News Officer who shot Australian woman felt called t... Jul '17 Indict Hillary NOW 12
News McConnell, Paul talk health care _ just not wit... Jul '17 my vote 242
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul '17 K curra 43
News New Law Requires Disclosure Statement for Lyme ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 jasmina1990 21
News GE Fanuc Joint Venture Dissolved (Aug '09) Jun '17 Ex GE Fanucer 18
More from around the web