MB rally rules could draw crowd

MB rally rules could draw crowd

There are 307 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Sep 22, 2008, titled MB rally rules could draw crowd. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

The Myrtle Beach City Council's morning workshop could be the place to be today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#27 Sep 23, 2008
Oceanlivin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you've got quite a career going for ya.
Congratulations!
Rosa, thanks for the contributions you make to our community....Thank goodness you are not laying around at home drawing a "check"...Our community can't survive on Pensions and Self Centered Citizenship...
End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#28 Sep 23, 2008
Perflab Spew is online...Preflab, how did you get rid of Charlotte in your name...we all know that is were you live...new name needs to be 007
Eldon Cleavidge

AOL

#31 Sep 23, 2008
Rid the City, County, and Grand Strand of these Rally's.

Think about it. Harley people are mind controlled
moron's. They will buy and wear anything that has
Harley-Davidson printed on it. They have made themselves walking billboards for a company that laughs at them, all the way to the bank.
Individuality ? More like pathetic sheep, walking
topwards slaughter, as long as they have on Harley clothes.

Black Bikers, who needs them. It is a slap in the face to people of good breeding. They come and act out misbehavior in every possible fashion.

Get Rid of all them. NOW.

Pass the ordinances and do everything else to rid us of this menance.
End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#32 Sep 23, 2008
B.O.A.S.T
Business Owners Against Selective Tourism...

Mayor Rhodent and Councilman Chestcat's new Re-Election Committee

This rag refuses to cover...
http://www.wmbftv.com/Global/story.asp...

Since: Aug 08

Pawleys Island

#33 Sep 23, 2008
prefab sprout wrote:
Besides, Halloweens comingin up soon and you can dress up then.
LMAO!!!
Posers
jja

Myrtle Beach, SC

#34 Sep 23, 2008
Sounds if your knees are banging one another!! Cause you rumble off as you live alice in wonderland
prefab sprout wrote:
First I want to again remind aby bikers planning ob attending todays meeting that this is a business meeting----so please:
No Colors-Gangmembers Nothing says our group isnt worth listening to then bringing a few Hells Angels with you to try to intimidate the lawmakers
No Harley Costumes Leave the do-rags and leather vests at home. Try to dress professional, Besides, Halloweens comingin up soon and you can dress up then.
Do not address the Council Members as "dude" or "man". This is a serious breech of etiquette.
As to the article above, Thad "I leave racist threatening phone messages" Viers needs to keep his Minuteman supporting, racist, criminal self to the south end. Myrtle Beach isn't in his district-we would never elect a creeep like that. Besides, isn't Tuesdays your anger management session day Thad?
Helmet lawsuits? Bring them on-by the time they would be ruled illegal (IF THEY WRE) it would be years and the desired effect would have already taken place.
And as far as Mike Skank and his pimp-master Phil Schoonover goes, I suggest you take your little "promotions" company down to Charleston and try to tear up that town for 2 weeks in May. Oh I know, the City would never allow it and Phil wouldnt want it in his town!!!
The City has spoken-the residents have spoken-try to be adults and accept reality.
TOO MUCH TOO LONG TOO LOUD
Dave D

United States

#35 Sep 23, 2008
"They're going to sue us no matter what we do," Councilwoman Susan Grissom Means said. "I'm going to let the city attorney worry about that. He said he feels very secure about [the helmet ordinance]."
This is an elected official. I go way back to my childhood with my mother telling me "IF Johnny tells you to jump off a cliff are you goign to do it?"

Common sense people. If you don't do it why is anyone goign to sue?

She needs to go.

This is going to be a very expensive.
End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#36 Sep 23, 2008
Ridiculous Ordinances = Lawsuites

Lawsuites = City Attorneys

Winners = City Attorneys

Loosers = Tax Payers
PREFAB IS A RETARD

Columbia, SC

#37 Sep 23, 2008
Yes! I get to pay more taxes for this city council full of idiots. It's already starting to happen. More taxes, More taxes, we'll have to pay it with tax payer money. I'd like to say I would do like the crazy mayor says and moves but since they will have the taxes so high and the town so screwed I would't be able to give my house away. Oh well, I guess I can just let it go into foreclosure and leave another empty building in myrtle beach.
End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#38 Sep 23, 2008
End Beach Ball Classic wrote:
B.O.A.S.T
Business Owners Against Selective Tourism...
Mayor Rhodent and Councilman Chestcat's new Re-Election Committee
This rag refuses to cover...
http://www.wmbftv.com/Global/story.asp...
Susan Grimesom has an new Re- Election Committee also
End Beach Ball Classic

Pawleys Island, SC

#39 Sep 23, 2008
I heard Mayor Rhodent is giving out
Free Geritol and Free Ensure(vanilla flavored)
at the meeting today to get anti rally supporters there...Any truth?
Local Resident Voter

Irmo, SC

#40 Sep 23, 2008
Mayor Rhodes = Taxes - Taxes - Taxes

This is the only thing he really wants to do,raise taxes to do what he wants to do.. But use the rallies to hide behind to raise taxes.
Larry

Aberdeen, NC

#41 Sep 23, 2008
joe blow wrote:
By the way, the Milwaukee Harley rally is very classy compared to this jive-assed, unorganized horse shite. I'm talking about both of them. I was in Milwaukee for the 105th and I never saw a single titty or fight and there were way more bikes than both rallies combined. Figure it out!
105th Milwaukee bike rally....and they're held every five years? Gee, People must have walked to the first rally. What say?
worth repeating

Mullins, SC

#42 Sep 23, 2008
OPEN LETTER to WHINING BIKERS

Support the Mayor and City Council in this Anti Rally action.

Eventually the whining bikers must come to agree with the Mayor and City Council. The time for compromise was 10 or 15 years ago. The MAY-hem of 2008 was too much, too loud, too lewd, and too illegal.

Some began with a degree of sympathy for the Harley faction, blaming the AB Bikefest for everything.

Now I am not so sure.

The continual arrogant and argumentative attitude of the Harley faction is repulsive.

The bikers drew a line in the sand immediately after the MAY-hem of 2008. The line gets deeper and deeper. Snippets from their earlier tirade have been excerpted ad nausem on these blogs for over 3 months. Enough.

The repetitive ranting is getting rusty and tiresome. Repeating the same stupid arguments, over and over. Myrtle Beach will suffer economically. We will boycott.

We will sue. Sure you will, with the legions of noble bikers from the legal profession. We shall see.

In truth, you will behave, and you will be history. You will also be cited for ordinance violations.

You haven't behaved in previous MAY-hem years. The day of reckoning is upon you.

The Harley faction whines about helmets, although some of them wear helmets all the time. They will tell you it is safer, while officially insisting that safety is not the issue.

They protest that they have quiet bikes, but rail at the prospect of an 82dB test, and deny that EPA markings exist. A factory fresh H-D passes 82dB. What are you afraid of? Just a guess, but perhaps your modified systems (in violation of EPA requirements) do not pass. Could it be?

If the Harley faction wants sympathy, they have lost their opportunity.

Suck it up and face facts. All the Rallies are DEAD. You have killed them, with just a little help from your AB friends.
Lady Rider

Columbia, SC

#43 Sep 23, 2008
We have been reading your ignorant blogs since this whole rally thing happened. and now it is time for you to go away and keep your comments to yourself. you do not live in this city so myob.

if I want to attend the mtg. I'll wear whatever the **** I want and you will NOT tell me any different.

if you are ever to come to myrtle beach and tell people you are prefab sprout you'll be sure to get a good southern **** whippin.

we bikers will come, will ride, and will NOT wear helmets.
prefab sprout wrote:
First I want to again remind aby bikers planning ob attending todays meeting that this is a business meeting----so please:
No Colors-Gangmembers Nothing says our group isnt worth listening to then bringing a few Hells Angels with you to try to intimidate the lawmakers
No Harley Costumes Leave the do-rags and leather vests at home. Try to dress professional, Besides, Halloweens comingin up soon and you can dress up then.
Do not address the Council Members as "dude" or "man". This is a serious breech of etiquette.
As to the article above, Thad "I leave racist threatening phone messages" Viers needs to keep his Minuteman supporting, racist, criminal self to the south end. Myrtle Beach isn't in his district-we would never elect a creeep like that. Besides, isn't Tuesdays your anger management session day Thad?
Helmet lawsuits? Bring them on-by the time they would be ruled illegal (IF THEY WRE) it would be years and the desired effect would have already taken place.
And as far as Mike Skank and his pimp-master Phil Schoonover goes, I suggest you take your little "promotions" company down to Charleston and try to tear up that town for 2 weeks in May. Oh I know, the City would never allow it and Phil wouldnt want it in his town!!!
The City has spoken-the residents have spoken-try to be adults and accept reality.
Larry

Aberdeen, NC

#44 Sep 23, 2008
serious question wrote:
if only certified "stamped "exhausts are going to be legal -- who is going to apply those stickers?
where are they going to apply , and do they realise that some of us ride bikes over 25 yrs old, and a damn sticker is going to get someone's arm broken when they try to apply it ?
Is this a Dr., lawyer or Indian chief speaking?

Naw, just a typical biker threatening the public.

BAN THE MAYHEM! Get rid of them biker dudes with their ugly women.
SHOVELHEAD

Kingsport, TN

#45 Sep 23, 2008
serious question wrote:
if only certified "stamped "exhausts are going to be legal -- who is going to apply those stickers?
where are they going to apply , and do they realise that some of us ride bikes over 25 yrs old, and a damn sticker is going to get someone's arm broken when they try to apply it ?
Thats exactly right I have 2 antique bikes that are stock ie mufflers as in stalled by the factory in 1976 and 1978 There were no EPA sttds on motorcycles at the time so according to my attorney I am Grandfathered in. I hope and pray to get stopped and ticketed because my lawsuit will be filed in FEDERAL court not some Horry County jackleg court and as the article says the good TAXPAYERS OF MB 's money will be used to pay their defense and pay my lawsuit and the whole time I will not be spending none of my "biker trash" dollars in MB have not done so for the last 2 months and will not do so yes this is one local that is ticked off and was neutral untill these Greyhaired left wing liberals drew the line in the sand and wanted to deprive citizens of their constutional rights. Thats my line in the sand and I am sticking to it SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
Dave D

United States

#46 Sep 23, 2008
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
105th Milwaukee bike rally....and they're held every five years? Gee, People must have walked to the first rally. What say?
Let's try and explain this.

Harley has been in business 105 years. They hold the rally every 5-years.

Sigh......
SHOVELHEAD

Kingsport, TN

#47 Sep 23, 2008
prefab sprout wrote:
First off who in the hell do you think you are telling people what they can wear to a public meeting??? I would dare you to step up in person and say what you have said on here in person to some of those you have mentioned I dont think you have the guts to you are just a keyboard coward. And on the helmet law have you ever heard of a temporary restraining order suspending a law or action?? Go ask one of your liberal left wing lawyer buddies anyone that has been through 6 mos of law school knows the answer to that. And I guess you think the Almighty city of MB can circumnavigate state law well it cant. I cant wait till May I have plenty of money and 2 lawyers already lined up on retainer let the fun begin and by the way threats of arrest and J reubin Long dont intimidate me a bit I hope and pray the city jacks with me because I am coming right back legally with out violence to the full extent of constituonal law SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
Fed Up

Charlotte, NC

#48 Sep 23, 2008
BOYCOTT PLEASE wrote:
I want everyone to come and spend their money. The best part...it does not matter about the ordinances..to many people are not going to come because they are not wanted. I really am not worried because it will end in a few years. People are going to come to p i s s the locals off and it is not going to be as much fun as they thought and they will go somewhere else next year. Come if you want it is a free country. I just cant wait to see how bored people are when they realize how many people are not coming. Why would you come and spend all that money on a city that does not want you. Makes no sense. And to you people that rely on the week to get by. Get another job!! I dont need to rely on anyone else to get paid. I will get paid whether you people come or not. So come..spend money...get bored...and it will go away. And now all the pro bike people can make fun of me cause that is how they are.
And what happens when someone decides they don't like your job? Are you just going to "get another job" in this economy????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myrtle Beach Online Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16 former Better Brands employees arrested (Aug '08) Feb 16 Bandits Dad 175
News New flights from MYR will take you to high places Feb 12 MyrtleBeachLocal 1
News Patrick arrives in Daytona, awaits 1st stop of ... Feb 10 WhyPhartse 2
News Georgetown County officials searching for fugit... Feb 4 Victim 1
News Connecticut LGBT community finds new home at No... Jan 26 Wondering 17
News Lawyers file appeal for Tennessee teen with lif... Jan 23 DeDominicis 2
News Victim who died in Pawleys Island wreck identif... Jan 21 jimmy 1
More from around the web