Teen falls out of hotel to death

Teen falls out of hotel to death

There are 208 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Teen falls out of hotel to death. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Myrtle Beach police are investigating the death Wednesday night of a teenager who authorities said either fell or jumped from the sixth floor of an Ocean Boulevard hotel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

logan ohio

Mount Vernon, OH

#70 Jun 12, 2008
Not-a-Local wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Too many people have been too quick to believe the worst in this situation. We can't say one way or another what really happened, because we weren't there, but I just don't understand people who immediately always have to think the worst.

That is an American for you. We rather bad news then good news. I am just glad that they are back in families arm now. Where wa can take care of them emotionally.
Local29577

Kingstree, SC

#71 Jun 12, 2008
fromloganohio wrote:
Once again, unless you were there, no one knows what really happened and why. These young people are hundreds of miles away from their support systems and all of the communication is coming from phone calls and texts from many people with different perspectives about what was going on and why. Unless you are one of the group from Logan who was there, your info is second hand. How about we wait until they get back home from this tragedy and tell us what really happened from start to finish before we conclude there was alcohol and/or foul play. How about instead of assuming the worst, we assume nothing. When you asume you make an **** out of u and me.
Actually it was someone from Logan who posted there "is more here than meets the eye" so it's one of your own citizens that is stirring the pot with innuendos.
Tom Price

Columbus, OH

#72 Jun 12, 2008
Raised in Logan,Ohio myself I am very much aware of the tight knit community. My heart sunk when I heard the news. My condolences to the Kissling's and my prayers will be with you. God bless and give you strength in your mourning.
fromloganohio

Cleveland, OH

#73 Jun 12, 2008
Local29577 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was someone from Logan who posted there "is more here than meets the eye" so it's one of your own citizens that is stirring the pot with innuendos.
I was not referring to that. I was referring to the suggestions that this was drunken outof control kid and that someone was "arrested" in regards to his death. I know what the person who posted "is there more here than meets the eye" was referring to and for that comment, they should be just as ashamed as the other finger pointers. To Jodi(his mom), Dave and the rest of his family, I would do anything to give you the privacy you deserve in a time like this. How unfortunate that salt has be poured in wound which will never heal. My thoughts have been with you since I heard the news last night. Stay strong!
lgnoh

Mount Vernon, OH

#74 Jun 12, 2008
it was an accident... he is my bestfriend... it was an accident
Concened Citizen

United States

#76 Jun 12, 2008
HURRICANES,ACCIDENTS,INSURANCE RATES = STRENGTH&FLEXIBILITY WHEN IT COMES TO WINDOWS
LifeInParadise

Marion, SC

#77 Jun 12, 2008
Not-a-Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Last evening, when the original story broken, several people who were at the scene actually posted here on the forum. Corey crashed through a window at the end of a hallway on the 6th floor, not from a window in a hotel room. From the descriptions that the locals were giving, it almost sounds as if the boys may have been playing around. They were all athletic, at least 2-3 had been football players. The boys he was with, he had grown up with since childhood and they had been football teammates for years. They were closer than brothers. Please let the police do their investigation and have some respect for the families and friends of Corey who will be reading this today looking for information.
Excellent point! For some unknown reason there are a lot of grumpy people living in MB who like flocking to these boards to vent some kind of anger that probably has no connection to the story they're commenting on.

Please excuse our mess!

Since: Feb 07

Connecticut

#78 Jun 12, 2008
RU4REAL wrote:
I think we should cancel senior week too!
And ban all teens from town...yeah, that way, no chance of an accident.
Mink

United States

#79 Jun 12, 2008
Local29577 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that post and wondered why someone would post such a comment. I was wondering whether they were really questioning whether there was more, or they were just using poor sentence structure, when referring to 'here' and 'there' and the 'more than meets the eye' may have meant he didn't just fall.
I am upset, though, that someone would post something like that and then not have the guts to come back it up and say what they are referring to.
Local29577

Kingstree, SC

#80 Jun 12, 2008
Hi Mink,
I don't know why anyone would say that because from all appearances it was an accident, unless someone saw something to suggest otherwise it's a bit ridiculous to post it here instead of contacting the authorities. People try to place blame somewhere, sometimes it's simply a matter of unfortunate circumstances and no one or nothing is to blame. At this point it doesn't matter what happened, it won't change the fact that 2 parents are grieving for their son and his friends have lost someone they care about.
I know this is a hard time for you but I hope today is a better day for you and your daughter.:-)
Dawn

Albemarle, NC

#81 Jun 12, 2008
This is a very sad tragedy that happened. My daughter just graduated and is at the beach now. She called last night upset because she was walking past that area right after the young man had fell to his death! She witnessed someone dying and is has her shaken. We are praying for that man's family and I ask for prayers from everyone out there to pray for them and my daughter, who will not get over this for a long time--if ever! I witnessed a shooting once and it will never leave me! Thanks!
LoganOhio

New York, NY

#82 Jun 12, 2008
Mink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that post and wondered why someone would post such a comment. I was wondering whether they were really questioning whether there was more, or they were just using poor sentence structure, when referring to 'here' and 'there' and the 'more than meets the eye' may have meant he didn't just fall.
I am upset, though, that someone would post something like that and then not have the guts to come back it up and say what they are referring to.
The writer was speaking of an ongoing investigation in Logan involving a FORMER teacher contributing to minors. It doesn't have anything to do with what happened to Corey in Myrtle Beach. It is a completely different investigation involving a teacher who was fired. I'm not sure why that person didn't give specifics. For more on that you can go to logandaily.com front page article from yesterday. I didn't like it that he/she made people feel like there was something weird going on in MB. This is a small town and it effects all. I am so sad for his family. I can't even begin to imagine.
ashley

AOL

#83 Jun 12, 2008
I walked up on it as I was returning to my room last night -right when the police started to get there.It was a horrible scene and my prayers go out to his family and friends. I heard a lot of stories of what really happened , most of what I heard was that it was an accident. The police were still questioning people when I left today at noon.
bubbloo

United States

#84 Jun 12, 2008
there is a disgrunted,illegal immagrant ghost pushing kids off.
Jody

Ridgewood, NY

#85 Jun 12, 2008
to those of you that like to say stupid stuff and joke around when it comes to death, get a life. i didn't know Corey Kissling personally, but i did have a class with him. he went to my high school in Logan, Ohio. he was very well liked at our school and he played sports. this may have been an alcohol related death, but its still upsetting. my heart goes out to all of his family and friends. Rest In Peace Corey Kissling.
Jody

Ridgewood, NY

#86 Jun 12, 2008
oh & i don't know why under my name it says Jenera, OH, but really am from Logan, Ohio. i just don't know how to change the town thing. also...nobody is for sure what the real cause is. it may not have been alcohol related. either way, its still sad.
Uncle John

United States

#87 Jun 12, 2008
What out of towners do not understand is we hate to see bad things happen to good people. However, blaming the police or hotel mgmt for the actions of tourists does not amount to anything. This young man is not the 1st to die from a fall this year- probably 4 or 5 already died and the season is just beginning. Many hotels do not rent to those under 25 or any locals. I have several condos and do not rent to anyone under 25 and block several weeks in summer from all rentals. Come and have fun, but when accidents happen put the blame only where it belongs. Bad choices and actions not completely thought through are not uncommon for vacationers just looking for fun thinking nothing bad can happen while at the beach. Does anyone here believe banging on a window will be heard 6 flights down with normal noise levels? Accidents really do happen to those that do not deserve it.
Uncle John

United States

#88 Jun 12, 2008
Dawn wrote:
This is a very sad tragedy that happened. My daughter just graduated and is at the beach now. She called last night upset because she was walking past that area right after the young man had fell to his death! She witnessed someone dying and is has her shaken. We are praying for that man's family and I ask for prayers from everyone out there to pray for them and my daughter, who will not get over this for a long time--if ever! I witnessed a shooting once and it will never leave me! Thanks!
GEESH! Accidents are horrible when someone like this young man dies. Explain to your daughter that everyone dies. Are you aware young men this mans age have been fighting wars and seeing much worse? I feel sorry for the parents, nothing worse than having a child die. If you and your daughter are so caught up with tragedy you may want to talk to a doctor or lock yourself in your house with guards posted outside and a doctor inside.
ohio mom

United States

#89 Jun 12, 2008
Uncle John wrote:
<quoted text>
GEESH! Accidents are horrible when someone like this young man dies. Explain to your daughter that everyone dies. Are you aware young men this mans age have been fighting wars and seeing much worse? I feel sorry for the parents, nothing worse than having a child die. If you and your daughter are so caught up with tragedy you may want to talk to a doctor or lock yourself in your house with guards posted outside and a doctor inside.
You are cold
stupid comments

Asheville, NC

#90 Jun 12, 2008
82 brainless people blogging! too bad the wizzard of oz only had (1) brain to give away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myrtle Beach Online Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court sympathetic to Microsoft in Xbox ... Wed anonymous 1
News He told police he was given a paralyzing drug, ... Mar 16 ConfusedIsMe 1
News Ferguson doc's new footage sparks debate Mar 15 ThomasA 4
News The car was sitting in the car wash. The driver... Mar 13 Beachlover55 3
News 'Hogan's Heroes' star Clary marks 88th birthday (Mar '14) Feb 23 Cranegas 2
News The Latest: Jordan's King sends Israel condolences Feb 21 yidfellas v USA 3
News Four charged with armed robbery in Surfside rob... (Oct '15) Feb '17 Demon Dog 2
More from around the web