Train strikes, kills man

Emergency personnel lead a man in a gurney to an ambulance after he was struck by a train at the Seventh Street railroad crossing in Lebanon on Tuesday evening. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RIP

Elizabethtown, PA

#1 Jun 29, 2010
what does paul have to do with this let him rest in peace
blank

Evansville, IN

#2 Jun 29, 2010
The paper just reports history since it happened just last month. They aren't disgrading him in anyway.
RIP PAUL!<3
middle school education

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2010
Perhaps photos and details should be shown and TAUGHT to the Lebanon Middle School student body...

to decrease or eliminate the daily horseplay that occurs at the 8th Street crossing.

A little "Faces of Death" will spook kids OFF the tracks.
blank

Evansville, IN

#4 Jun 30, 2010
middle school education wrote:
Perhaps photos and details should be shown and TAUGHT to the Lebanon Middle School student body...
to decrease or eliminate the daily horseplay that occurs at the 8th Street crossing.
A little "Faces of Death" will spook kids OFF the tracks.
WTH does that have to do with grown men getting hit by trains. If you look at any history of accidents by trains, you would see that no kids have gotten killed. So what the hell are you talking about seriously.
Maybe you need to go back to middle school!

And maybe kids play around at the 8th st crossing but they have yet to get hit. THANK GOD!
Crap

Doylestown, PA

#5 Jun 30, 2010
In my opinion you can only get hit by a train 1) if you want to 2) if you're drunk, high. If you don't hear the train you should at least see the bright lights, or feel it coming.

It's really tragic... but these deaths seem largely unavoidable.
Ummmmmm

Hanover, PA

#6 Jun 30, 2010
I have to say, I do not understand HOW someone can get hit by a train.......It boggles my minds
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 30, 2010
As the previous poster said...You have to either be drunk or high to get hit by a train....Duhhhhhhh
wow

Lancaster, PA

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Someones life has ended, This man I am sure had Family and friends that will miss him dearly! No matter how his life ended. It is a shame the way people twist and turn events into something it is not! Mabey just mabey it really was an ACCIDENT! As for Paul. I agree, His death has nothing to do with this. RIP...
Johnny

Lebanon, PA

#12 Jun 30, 2010
Question wrote:
Is that a Midget in the picture?
His name's Jay. I doubt very much that he likes being called a midget.
what

Middletown, PA

#15 Jun 30, 2010
those are ruthless comments about that man's size. He in fact, is a great EMT. Cut out the high school comments you a-holes.
what

Middletown, PA

#16 Jun 30, 2010
if people would read the article they would figure out how it happened. The man was waiting to cross for an eastbound train. When the train passed he started across without knowing about the oncoming Westbound train. He simply made a terrible mistake by not waiting for the crossing gates to go up and proceeded to go around them. It happened before when there were no gates, just flashing lights. As soon as one train ends it is assumed the tracks are clear when in fact there is another train coming from the other direction.
please help

Warminster, PA

#17 Jun 30, 2010
I can't believe the LDNews does not delete some of these posts.

Shame on you Lebanon Daily News.
Agreed

Lebanon, PA

#18 Jun 30, 2010
please help wrote:
I can't believe the LDNews does not delete some of these posts.
Shame on you Lebanon Daily News.
You are so right! Lebanon people have a tendency to be *very* immature! Some people think they 'know it all'. Sheesh, I didn't even go through this crap in high school.
Sad

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Jun 30, 2010
My prayers to him and his family, may he rest in peace and may his family find comfort.
My prayers to the meaness of these postings, are you so perfect to have never made a mistake or error in judgement? Sadly this man's mistake cost him his life. Nothing to be made fun.
Funky Tut

Washington Boro, PA

#21 Jun 30, 2010
Children may not be killed by the train, but the are certainly crippled or maimed for life. I have been witness to it firsthand.

Also, why was the train not moving for hours before this accident?
Grandmother of 7

AOL

#22 Jun 30, 2010
It is imperative hat you obey railroad gates and blinking lights.......in your car or walking because you never know what you can't see coming daytime or nighttime and even if the train is souonding it's horn, you don't know which train it could be......that is also why people who complain about the train noise should just shut up........If my windows are open I can hear them very well, other times I hear them but they don't bother me either way I live two blocks north of the tracks
Family Member

Columbia, SC

#23 Jun 30, 2010
To everyone that send their condolences regardless of the circumstance, Thank you very much.

To everyone who is judgmental, we hope you never experience this and I will pray for you.
Grandmother of 7

AOL

#24 Jun 30, 2010
Sorry aboot the typos in my original post, but my disabilities, from a major stroke left my one hand "broken"
please help

Warminster, PA

#26 Jun 30, 2010
Since the LDNews probably won't update things until tomorrow, here is the identity of the man as per Pennlive.com

Bradley Kline, 41
Frodo

Langhorne, PA

#27 Jun 30, 2010
what wrote:
those are ruthless comments about that man's size. He in fact, is a great EMT. Cut out the high school comments you a-holes.
Now that's CPR with A Happy Ending!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage foes mobilize for ban in California (Aug '08) Jan 8 NorCal Native 55,539
Tire company employees accused of spying via e-... (Feb '11) Dec '14 next door to diner 74
Five Guys coming to North Cornwall? (Oct '10) Nov '14 Elise Gingerich 12
Dalai Lama nephew walks 900 miles to NYC for Tibet (Apr '09) Nov '14 Russian Ainu 28
Murder suspect James Melendez waives hearing (Mar '11) Nov '14 ingodshand 21
Casting call made for Blue Eyed Six film (May '11) Nov '14 lady 5
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov '14 llt 15,728
More from around the web