Pennsylvania's spending is certifiable

Pennsylvania's spending is certifiable

There are 20 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Pennsylvania's spending is certifiable. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

That's what Gov. Ed Rendell said about me in 2006 during my first state budget when I doubted his cost estimates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

what

Lancaster, PA

#1 Jul 26, 2010
You are Folmer.

You're the certifiable lawmaker that wants to change cuurent law that requiries that all healthcare insurers selling insurance in Pennsylvania have to cover routine pap smears and gynecological exams for women.

Folmer you're the ceritifiable lawmaker that wants to change current law that provides that all healthcare insurers selling healthcare insurance in Pennsylvania cover adopted children on the parents private insurance.

If you get you're wish this will change and adopted parents will no longer have the chance to put their adopted children on their private insurance plan.

This is just the tip of the iceburg of what Certifiable Senator Folmer wants to allow healthcare insurers selling in Pennsylvania push the costs directly to the consumers as out of pocket money.

Just take a close look at all the state healthcare insurance mandates covering women, adopted parents and children that Senator Mike Folmer wants to repeal.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/...

Hey Folmer have fun with you're trip to see Glenn Beck that you're Pac COOL is sponsoring.

The only differnce between you and Rendell is he spends the money on the taxpayers and you put money back in the hands of the big insurance companies that fund your campaigns.
what

Lancaster, PA

#2 Jul 26, 2010
Hey Folmer, How did you save the taxpayers money when you knowingly and admittedly broke you're sworn oath to abide by the Pa. Sate Constitution and accepted an unconstitutional state paycheck ?

Mike you're absolutely no different then Rendell, you're just blowing differnt smoke up voters butts.
teabagger mike

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jul 26, 2010
How would you feel if you found out your Pennsylvania State Senator was more interested in the in the profits of the healthcare insurers selling coverage in Pennsylvania then he is the citizens living in the State.

How would you feel about lifting current state laws that require healthcare insurers to cover services like children’s immunizations ? How about allowing healthcare insurers off the hook when it comes to covering gynecological examinations and routine pap smears for women ?

What would you think if we start allowing healthcare insurers selling healthcare insurance in Pennsylvania the right to deny coverage to an adopted child even under a parents plan that is paid for 100% by his adopted parents ?

Why don’t we just allow all healthcare insurers selling healthcare insurance in Pennsylvania the right to deny coverage for women’s services like midwives or breast reconstruction.

If you think these claims are some kind of joke or just would never happen you’re dead wrong. The facts are State Senator Mike Folmer has introduced several bills in the Pennsylvania State Senate to allow Pa. healthcare insurers to deny coverage for these exact services plus many, many more.

State Senator Mike Folmer is on an all out war to attack and dismantle state mandated legislation that covers women and children’s healthcare services.

These healthcare services will be denied by healthcare insurers selling in Pennsylvania even under your private individual plans if State Senator Mike Folmer gets his legislation passed. Take the time to look at these bills for yourself and if you feel as outraged as me contact State Senator and tell him to stop protecting the profits of insurance companies at the expense of the citizens and employers.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/...

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/...
Straight Shooter

United States

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Interested readers should note that "what" and "teabagger mike" have a vendetta against Senator Folmer. Their accusations and innuendo are grossly false and misleading.

SS
cheat Mike

Lancaster, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2010
People trust Rendell about as much as they trust a sitting Pa. State Senator that acknowledged to having screwed around on his wife.

Imagine being married to someone for many years and holding that trust so dearly in your hands and in a blink eye (one second) It's all gone.

Who's the real cheat here, Mike ?
no way

Lancaster, PA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Straight Shooter wrote:
Interested readers should note that "what" and "teabagger mike" have a vendetta against Senator Folmer. Their accusations and innuendo are grossly false and misleading.
SS
If I wanted to mislead anyone about the bill then why did I include the highlighted site with my post ? Just read the bill people before Mike Folmer screws everyone living in Pa. out of the state mandated healthcare insurance coverage we all fought to get for years.

No more routine pap smears for women
No more gynecological visits for women
No more private healthcare insurance coverage for adopted parents

This is just a few things that will be cut in Mike Folmer's bill. Just read Mike Folmer's bill and make your own decision.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/...
no way

Lancaster, PA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
I forgot to mention any and all of the state mandated childhood immunizations would no longer be covered by your private insurance company if Senator Mike Folmer gets this bill passed.

Mike Folmers bill will cost the middleclass parents thousands of dollars of out of pocket money for new parents.

Poor people will be covered by welfare and the rich can pay.

Once again the middleclass will take the hit if Folmer's bill is passed.

Just read the bill.
no way

Lancaster, PA

#8 Jul 27, 2010
What does Senator Mike Folmer think about school bus drivers working in Pennsylvania ?

Republican state Sen. Mike Folmer, who sits on the Senate’s Labor and Industry committee and happened to be my state senator when I got laid off, said Pennsylvania’s unemployment compensation laws have to be fixed. But legislators have to be careful when they do that. For one thing, he said reforms need to guard against people who game the system, like school bus drivers who collect benefits each summer.

So if you safely drive Senator Mike Folmer's grandchildren to and from school for nine months out of the year driving a school bus and lose your job in the summer months.

You better not file for unemployment compensation, because according to State Senator Mike Folmer your gaming the system.
dem among us

Lebanon, PA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Mike Folmer is a hypocrite and a fraud on many fronts. thankfully we have a great alternative to vote for in november. Jo Ellen Litz will stand up and represent us well in PA 48 !
faceit

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Jul 28, 2010
dem among us wrote:
Mike Folmer is a hypocrite and a fraud on many fronts. thankfully we have a great alternative to vote for in november. Jo Ellen Litz will stand up and represent us well in PA 48 !
If Jo Ellen Litz is elected, we will have a state senator whose IQ equals the number of her district.

Since: Jul 10

Pocono Lake, PA

#11 Jul 29, 2010
Why cant he submit a bill to stop healthcoverage to state employees, then add to the ballot a 10,20 30 or 40% coverage that the voters say we will allow them, also
Why doesnt Spector speek up and say, dont spend the money on a library, the states in trouble.......... becouse he,s a theif like all the rest!!!!!!!!!!

I,m reminded of the movie...History of the world, when roman senators say, SHOULD WE BUILD MONUMENTS TO THE RICH, OR HELP THE POOR, THE WHOLE SENATE YELLS,(AND I QUOTE) FU-K THE POOR!!!!!!!!!!

History repeating its self.

Hey mike, you said when elected you agree with term limits, do you still or did you just change your mind to terms of life?????
funny

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Jul 29, 2010
Folmer your fellow Republican Tom Corbetts bonusgate campaign witch hunt is going to cost the taxpayer millions and millions of dollars because Corbett never took the time to check the facts in the case.

Just get the prosecutions going for election day, who cares if the facts are correct or not.

Typical Republican agenda.
what

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2010
One thing that is certifiable is that State Senator Mike Folmer knowingly took a paycheck from the taxpayers from the state and broke the oath he was sworn to uphold. It easy to talk about abiding by the State Constitution Mike.

Mike Folmer needs to get his own house in order before he starts trying to condemn others for their actions.

Just to make it clear Senator Mike Folmer. Your hypocrite.

what

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2010
Unless it's spent on your paycheck, Mike !!!!

One thing that is certifiable is that State Senator Mike Folmer knowingly took a paycheck from the taxpayers from the state and broke the oath he was sworn to uphold. It easy to talk about abiding by the State Constitution Mike.

Mike Folmer needs to get his own house in order before he starts trying to condemn others for their actions.

Just to make it clear Senator Mike Folmer. Your a hypocrite.

what

United States

#15 Jul 31, 2010
faceit wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jo Ellen Litz is elected, we will have a state senator whose IQ equals the number of her district.
Folmer is obviously blowing smoke up the voters butts and they love it. Everyone needs to follow the State Constitution unless it's Mike and his paycheck is a risk.

Give me a break, Folmer has become another blow hard politician who tells you what you want to hear and then does what's best for him or keeping him in his ste job.

Mike Folmer sells you people a bag of goods about not accepting his healthcare insurance and then turns around and gets his healthcare from his wifes job.

His wife also works for the state and is paid by the same taxpayers. Give me a break. Folmer is playing you people for fools.

what

United States

#16 Jul 31, 2010
faceit wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mike Folmer is re-elected what makes you believe he will abide by the Pa. State Constitution if his personal income is at risk ?

Mike showed his true colors when his money was on the line.
what

United States

#17 Jul 31, 2010
lucky2b wrote:
Why cant he submit a bill to stop healthcoverage to state employees, then add to the ballot a 10,20 30 or 40% coverage that the voters say we will allow them, also
Why doesnt Spector speek up and say, dont spend the money on a library, the states in trouble.......... becouse he,s a theif like all the rest!!!!!!!!!!
I,m reminded of the movie...History of the world, when roman senators say, SHOULD WE BUILD MONUMENTS TO THE RICH, OR HELP THE POOR, THE WHOLE SENATE YELLS,(AND I QUOTE) FU-K THE POOR!!!!!!!!!!
History repeating its self.
Hey mike, you said when elected you agree with term limits, do you still or did you just change your mind to terms of life?????
Folmer refused the Senate healthcare because he was already covered by his wifes plan. Mike's wife has a state job as you all are aware. If re-elected for another term Senator Mike Folmer will be entitled to state healthcare coverage for life.

Does Mike Folmer take his state paid healthcare lifetime coverage along with his Unconstitutional state paycheck or does he pass ?
what

Manheim, PA

#18 Jul 31, 2010
COOL SPONSORING MOTOR COACHES TO 'RESTORING HONOR' ON AUGUST 28
The Constitutional Organization Of Liberty (COOL) is pleased to announce that several motor coaches have been reserved for the Restoring Honor Rally in Washington, D.C. on August 28 featuring Glenn Beck.

The round trip cost per seat is $45 per person, which is inclusive of the motor coach, tips and parking. COOL Board Member Julia Neumyer is acting as the direct contact for the trip.

Senator Mike Folmer and Glenn Beck's Washington Hate Trip .

Who would have thought ?

Hate money for Folmer's PAC and more money for Beck's bank account.
Mike F

Lebanon, PA

#19 Aug 1, 2010
WHAT SOUNDS JEALOUS
Lebanon Home

Myerstown, PA

#20 Aug 1, 2010
I am proud to have Mike for a senator. I think he has done a fine job and will uphold his promises. I will be happy to vote for him this fall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Wed jeremy75 2,649
News police, fire log - 8/7 (Aug '10) May 11 xxx 14
News Dixie reunion plans rev up (Jun '11) May 6 Cynnene Halsell J... 37
J D Eckman is low bidder on bridges (Mar '11) Apr '16 Igmutanka1869 10
News Graffiti painter, burglar sentenced (Nov '10) Apr '16 Gabby Here 25
News Police log (Aug '09) Mar '16 Joeseph 15
News Historians rethink key Soviet role in Japan defeat (Aug '10) Mar '16 James 10
More from around the web