Obama promises more than 600,000 stim...

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

There are 109538 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Frank Rizzo

New York, NY

#117753 Oct 21, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Got your panties in a twist, I see. Oh well, since you can't look at any info on Romney but what Rush tells you, it's hard to have a discussion. So keep your head down there little teddy and keep waitin' for santa. And many of us here aren't too sure about your citizenship, so don't think you get any self anointed props for that.
Are you still sharing leg tingles with Chris Matthews? It would appear so. You both continue to regurgitate the DNC party line ejaculated down your willing and hungry throats.
Frank Rizzo

New York, NY

#117754 Oct 21, 2012
Logic wrote:
Why didn't Romney step up and save the 170 jobs Bain is shipping to China?
Whay didn't Obama step up and save all of the GE jobs getting shipped to China? Why hasn't he stepped up to save any lost in the last 4 years?
Frank Rizzo

New York, NY

#117755 Oct 21, 2012
joe wrote:
Under Romney, Bain Capital's investments had a 30% failure rate.
The "green energy" portion of the stimulus has a 2.6% default rate. That includes Solyndra.
Hmmm, a 70% success rate. That's slightly above average.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117756 Oct 21, 2012
it is just amazing how low Obama will go to be reelected, he will lie, cheat, and frankly destroy this country in order to be reelected.

here is a man who has misled the American people time and time again, and now apparently he is illegally soliciting donations from other countries,

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bam_bli...

i can just imagine how much lower he is going to stoop in the last 2 weeks of this campaign,

the lies and deceit are about to get bigger and bigger.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117757 Oct 21, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
Bain capital made money, and a lot of it, the green energy scams lost taxpayer money, imaging how many jobs Romney could have created at Bain capital if he did not have to worry about every business being in the black, and he could throw billions of dollars of taxpayer money at any business he wanted.
But he couldn't do that, in the private sector, businesses that lose money go bankrupt, in the public sector if you are Obama, when you lose money on payoffs and kickbacks to supporters and cronies, you ask for a tax increase.
Can't you read? All you old codgers seem to have a lot of trouble with reading. Read over your idiotic post in the light of day. It's laughable.

Under Romney, Bain Capital's investments had a 30% FAILURE RATE.
The "green energy" portion of the stimulus has a 2.6% default rate. Including Solyndra.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117758 Oct 21, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still sharing leg tingles with Chris Matthews? It would appear so. You both continue to regurgitate the DNC party line ejaculated down your willing and hungry throats.
Right. I regurgitate the party line while your silly little musings are "facts." You're a child.

Since: Nov 08

Salt Lake City, UT

#117759 Oct 21, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I gave you a chance and like a typical ideologue you can't deliver. So here's Romneys "Plan".
1) Tax cuts for the wealthy plus weaker environmental protection. Otherwise known as Bushonomics.
That's the plan that Romney says would create 12 million jobs over the next four years.
Just like I thought. You really didn't look it up. You didn't even listen during the debates.

Salt Lake City, UT

#117760 Oct 21, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, a 70% success rate. That's slightly above average.
You beat me to that one. On top of the 70% success rate, we have to also add that it was done with private funds where if they lost money, it was theirs and not the tax payers.

Salt Lake City, UT

#117761 Oct 21, 2012
The libs are getting shriller and shriller as the inevitable fact that their boy is going down in flames becomes more and more of a reality to them. Desperation at its finest.
Linked in

Lincoln, NE

#117762 Oct 21, 2012
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-112hhrg7487...

Mr. Kelly. Thank you, Chairman. And I know this can be
uncomfortable. Listen, I don't fault you for taking advantage
of a government that continues in this dependence, co-dependent
type of a model, and it is sometimes hard to walk away from it
once it is there. You say, it is just so easy, why wouldn't we
do it?
But it does come down to what is the return on the
investment for the people whose money is actually at risk, and
I think that is where the disconnect comes, because people
think, oh, it came from the government, it didn't hurt anybody.
But then you say, well, where did the government get the money,
and you find out it is people who actually pay taxes. And then
you find out who is paying taxes and you find out, well, not
everybody pays taxes; some of us do, some of us don't.
But for those that do, a lot of people still carry a little
lunch bucket, and by the time they get done paying their school
taxes, they get done paying their municipal taxes, they get
done paying their State taxes, they get done paying their
federal taxes, there is just no money left for them to take
care of their kids and to plan their future, and I think that
is where the disconnect comes because we actually start to
believe this is free money. It is not free money; this is
taxpayer money.
Mr. Rakowich, how much money did Cogentrix get?
Mr. Rakowich. I am sorry, I am not with Cogentrix.
Mr. Kelly. I am sorry, I thought you were. I thought you
were. All right, Mr. Mancini.
Mr. Mancini. The federal loan guarantee amount was $90
million.
Mr. Kelly. Ninety million dollars. Do you know how many
permanent jobs that created?
Mr. Mancini. We created, directly, approximately 10
permanent jobs----
Linked in

Lincoln, NE

#117763 Oct 21, 2012
Cont...

Mr. Kelly. Ten permanent jobs. So let me ask you----
Mr. Mancini. But then there were also----
Mr. Kelly. Not you, but you sitting at your kitchen table,
and I would tell you, you know what, we just made a $90.6
million investment, and this is all about jobs. This whole
initiative was about creating jobs. And here is the good news:
10 people got jobs. Is there any reason why the American people
no longer have faith in what is going on in Washington, D.C.?
The disconnect is so great here, it is so foreign to people
who live in this area that this money actually comes out of
working people's pockets. It is free. It is not free. This
drives me absolutely nuts. Can you imagine going to a bank and
saying I want to borrow $90 million, and here is the upside, I
can hire 10 people with that? They would say, hey, you know
what? It is good to see you. Please leave. I don't get this.
Linked in

Lincoln, NE

#117764 Oct 21, 2012
Cont...

And I am going to tell you, Ms. Bronicki, because obviously
you don't know a lot of what is going on, this gentleman, Mr.
Thompson, before he worked for you, he worked for Mr. Reid. Kai
Anderson of Cassidy & Associates is an outside lobbyist for
your firm. Did you know that?
Ms. Bronicki. Yes.
Mr. Kelly. Okay. Do you know who he worked for?
Ms. Bronicki. He worked----
Mr. Kelly. He was Harry Reid's deputy chief of staff until
2005. Okay, so Mr. Thompson worked for Harry Reid, Mr. Anderson
worked for Harry Reid. Yoram Bronicki, is that your husband,
maybe, or who would that be?
Ms. Bronicki. My son.
Mr. Kelly. That is your son. And he was a donor to Senator
Reid's reelection campaign. And there is nothing wrong with
this, believe me, there is nothing wrong. Here is the point,
though. Here is my point. This is not to embarrass you. When we
follow this Judas goat of taking money from the government,
there are strings attached to all this money we take and there
are repercussions, and it gets to the point where people start
to wonder.
As I said earlier, this feeding frenzy to come after this
money. How in the world did 25 of you get to the table and the
others were left out in the cold? Because then you start to
look, well, how did they get there? Well, geez, the guys worked
for Harry Reid and the other guy worked for Harry Reid, and all
of a sudden Harry Reid gets involved in it and all of a sudden
the money starts to flow. So people start to wonder how did it
get gamed? Again, this is the tough part of you sitting there.
The American people have a right to know how did this happen.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-112hhrg7487...
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117765 Oct 21, 2012
Pittakos wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like I thought. You really didn't look it up. You didn't even listen during the debates.
You thought? That really describes how you guys operate. You think it, and therefore it's true. Go back to fox and rush and crazy town. But please, don't even consider bringing proof of your statements. Wouldn't want to challenge you too much.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117766 Oct 21, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read? All you old codgers seem to have a lot of trouble with reading. Read over your idiotic post in the light of day. It's laughable.
The "green energy" portion of the stimulus has a 2.6% default rate. Including Solyndra.
you are just showing how clueless your are.

bain capital is a private equity firm, they take over companies, and the companies they take over are often in financial trouble, and in addition these companies have to be profitable or bain capital takes the hit, therefore any company that is not profitable will not be tolerated and will go into bankruptcy, in this context a success rate of 70 percent is fantastic.

obama's green jobs scam, basically acts to give loans to companies that have representatives who contributed to obama's or other democrats campaigns.

in acting like a bank their default rate should be close to zero. and what makes it more important to have a almost zero default rate is that it is the money of the hard working taxpayers that is being doled out.

any default however is covered by the people, as obama just raises taxes to cover the losses to his cronies' companies. and the people pay not only with their hard earned tax dollars but also with their jobs as these taxes take money out of the job creators and small businesses.

there is no comparison here, and anyone who knows anything about the economy and business would understand that.

all you have done here with this is show how much of an idiot you are, and how clueless you are about basic economic principles.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117767 Oct 21, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
your big problem is that you just cut and paste concepts from left wing websites without understanding the principles behind them, it just shows everyone on this board that you are a brainless hack with no concept of the meaning of what you cut and paste.
Politics as usual

Huntington Station, NY

#117768 Oct 21, 2012
Linked in wrote:
Cont...
Mr. Kelly. Ten permanent jobs. So let me ask you----
Mr. Mancini. But then there were also----
Mr. Kelly. Not you, but you sitting at your kitchen table,
and I would tell you, you know what, we just made a $90.6
million investment, and this is all about jobs. This whole
initiative was about creating jobs. And here is the good news:
10 people got jobs. Is there any reason why the American people
no longer have faith in what is going on in Washington, D.C.?
The disconnect is so great here, it is so foreign to people
who live in this area that this money actually comes out of
working people's pockets. It is free. It is not free. This
drives me absolutely nuts. Can you imagine going to a bank and
saying I want to borrow $90 million, and here is the upside, I
can hire 10 people with that? They would say, hey, you know
what? It is good to see you. Please leave. I don't get this.
it is sad but this is the whole democratic party agenda, kickback and payoffs, the whole stimulus was based on this concept, almost a trillion dollars of payoffs to cronies and supporters, and as a result there is less money for small businesses and job creators, and more debt for our children and grandchildren.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#117769 Oct 21, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
you are just showing how clueless your are.
bain capital is a private equity firm, they take over companies, and the companies they take over are often in financial trouble, and in addition these companies have to be profitable or bain capital takes the hit, therefore any company that is not profitable will not be tolerated and will go into bankruptcy, in this context a success rate of 70 percent is fantastic.
obama's green jobs scam, basically acts to give loans to companies that have representatives who contributed to obama's or other democrats campaigns.
in acting like a bank their default rate should be close to zero. and what makes it more important to have a almost zero default rate is that it is the money of the hard working taxpayers that is being doled out.
any default however is covered by the people, as obama just raises taxes to cover the losses to his cronies' companies. and the people pay not only with their hard earned tax dollars but also with their jobs as these taxes take money out of the job creators and small businesses.
there is no comparison here, and anyone who knows anything about the economy and business would understand that.
all you have done here with this is show how much of an idiot you are, and how clueless you are about basic economic principles.
Blow it out your azs. Submit your bill to the RNC, hack. Talk about cut and paste without understanding wtf you're talking about, you are priceless.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#117772 Oct 22, 2012
obama is going down down down down to the bottom .
Correct-O-Bot

Houston, TX

#117773 Oct 22, 2012
joe the Clueless Marin Lefty wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I gave you a chance and like a typical ideologue I will now deliver utter bullsh!t LIES about Romneys "Plan".
1) Tax cuts for the wealthy plus weaker environmental protection.
Now I will indulge my Bush OCD, a.k.a. the Tourette's of the Angry Progressive Left:

Otherwise known as Bushonomics.

That's the plan that Romney says would create 12 million jobs over the next four years.

Aren't I so hipster sardonic and clever? I can hear all the Smart Kids telling me so in my head ...
Corrected by Correct-O-Bot.

"Making America less stupid one post at a time since 2012."

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#117774 Oct 22, 2012
obamas four years plan is to distory america and let all that want to harms in the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Daily News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pa. mom charged with baby's bathtub drowning (Sep '09) Jul 4 Nickles ex wife 26
Lebanon Couseling Company sued (Sep '08) Jun 30 DMiller 20
News Parent asks Northern Lebanon to keep teachers (Apr '11) Jun 20 Teacher 48
News 3rd Circuit OKs Erie crack dealer's life sentence (Nov '09) May '15 truthfully 82
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) May '15 Gruden Face 2,634
News Tire company employees accused of spying via e-... (Feb '11) May '15 the cooker lady 78
News Fake bath salts a growing danger (Mar '11) May '15 Amanda 36
More from around the web