Sorrow arrested on drug charges - Lam...

Sorrow arrested on drug charges - Lamar Ledger

There are 38 comments on the Lamar Ledger story from Feb 14, 2011, titled Sorrow arrested on drug charges - Lamar Ledger. In it, Lamar Ledger reports that:

A Lamar man was arrested on Friday and charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of introduction of contraband.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lamar Ledger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
selah1954

Cumberland, WI

#1 Feb 14, 2011
I'ts interesting when an Anglo is arrested for drugs and probably sales of illegal substances, there are no comments from the hypocritical anglo community.. I've noticed whenever a person with a hispanic surname there are all these commentators whos scream for the arrested to be shipped back to Mexico ( kinda wierd, Colorado was a part of Mexico before the U.S. created a war and took it from Mexico) So to all you HATERS, where do we send this man!!!!!pendejos
Carny

Grand Junction, CO

#2 Feb 14, 2011
You're a little quick to judge. The story wasn't even up for three hours before you made your idiotic comment. Give folks a chance . . .
really

Westcliffe, CO

#3 Feb 14, 2011
Perhaps we should wait until they find anyone guilty or not guilty. Next they should be sentenced or released.
Intentionally Obtuse

Grand Junction, CO

#4 Feb 14, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
I'ts interesting when an Anglo is arrested for drugs and probably sales of illegal substances, there are no comments from the hypocritical anglo community.. I've noticed whenever a person with a hispanic surname there are all these commentators whos scream for the arrested to be shipped back to Mexico ( kinda wierd, Colorado was a part of Mexico before the U.S. created a war and took it from Mexico) So to all you HATERS, where do we send this man!!!!!pendejos
If your racist label were accurate, the proper deportation location would be England. However, there is no indication that this gentleman is in the country illegally. While you are taking time to "notice" things, perhaps you should notice that you are a racist who is prejudiced against the Anglo-American community. You want to call Anglo's hypocritical, but in the process establish yourself as a hypocrite (calling for deportation of Anglo's while complaining about calls for deportation of hispanics).

I suggest you look in the mirror. Also, a more healthy diet would temper your anger and make you happier, instead of being consumed with racist hate against the Anglos. May I suggest a tossed salad?
ICare

Lamar, CO

#5 Feb 15, 2011
IO...you need to really take your quarter pounder with cheese and king size fries and go home...
DizzyMiller

Pueblo, CO

#6 Feb 15, 2011
Where's the mob at? I got the lynchin' rope......
old smoke

Westcliffe, CO

#7 Feb 15, 2011
DEPORT HIM, back to Canon City he knows the way. Who are we kidding. this will be another plea bargain & he will be out by tomorrow morning.
Lamar Worker

La Veta, CO

#8 Feb 15, 2011
He works for a living and has daughters in our community. His wife is a hard worker as well. Don't make judgements until he is judged. Some of you guys camp out here just waiting for something to comment on. Get a life.
selah1954

Sparta, WI

#9 Feb 16, 2011
My previous comment may have sounded racist because I intended it to sound that way. The point I was making had nothing to do with the innocence or guilt of this man, but rather the contrast between comments posted on past articles about local drug busts and those posted on this one (see "Four Busted on Drug Charges",6/30/2010)for one such example). Everyone makes poor decisions in their lives and obviously Mr. Sorrow has made some as have all of the rest of us, from every race. There is no reason to send anyone "back" to anywhere and that's my point. There is far too much racism in this world and far too little understanding and empathy. My question to all of you is why so much (understanding) for this man and so little for minorities in the same circumstances who also live and work in this community? P.S. By the U.S. definition I am also anglo.
really

Lamar, CO

#10 Feb 16, 2011
If it is so important that he has a family and is a hard worker he should of thought of it first...
who cares

Holly, CO

#11 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
My previous comment may have sounded racist because I intended it to sound that way. The point I was making had nothing to do with the innocence or guilt of this man, but rather the contrast between comments posted on past articles about local drug busts and those posted on this one (see "Four Busted on Drug Charges",6/30/2010)for one such example). Everyone makes poor decisions in their lives and obviously Mr. Sorrow has made some as have all of the rest of us, from every race. There is no reason to send anyone "back" to anywhere and that's my point. There is far too much racism in this world and far too little understanding and empathy. My question to all of you is why so much (understanding) for this man and so little for minorities in the same circumstances who also live and work in this community? P.S. By the U.S. definition I am also anglo.
If you go back and look at the four that were arrested you will find that at least a couple were unemployed, living off taxpayers or as the arrest indicates "selling drugs"

From that you have two completely different set of circumstances.
You jumped in and called racism just three hours after the post first appeared.
you have some sort of agenda, therefore, go bark up some other tree
selah1954

Sparta, WI

#12 Feb 16, 2011
So it's ok to take and sell illegal drugs if you have a job and family.. There are not two different st of instancesPendejo, you seem to forget I am part anglo so how does that make me racist. I suggest you look in the mirror, because you certainly don't make any sense tome. Maybe the person staring back in the mirror can understand you. I still don't hear any of you clamoring for his deportation.
who cares

Holly, CO

#13 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
So it's ok to take and sell illegal drugs if you have a job and family.. There are not two different st of instancesPendejo, you seem to forget I am part anglo so how does that make me racist. I suggest you look in the mirror, because you certainly don't make any sense tome. Maybe the person staring back in the mirror can understand you. I still don't hear any of you clamoring for his deportation.
You are the one who came up with the racist crap and hw that was your angle on the story. Quit comparing apples to oranges.

Oh and show me where I said it ok to do and sell drugs.
Intentionally Obtuse

Grand Junction, CO

#14 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
So it's ok to take and sell illegal drugs if you have a job and family.. There are not two different st of instancesPendejo, you seem to forget I am part anglo so how does that make me racist. I suggest you look in the mirror, because you certainly don't make any sense tome. Maybe the person staring back in the mirror can understand you. I still don't hear any of you clamoring for his deportation.
Fine, then. I will do it. I hereby declare that this American citizen, who has not been proven to be guilty of anything, be deported to his country of origin: The United States of America. Satisfied, Pendejo?
selah1954

Sparta, WI

#15 Feb 16, 2011
How can I argue with an idiot
just another guy

United States

#16 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
How can I argue with an idiot
How about when you brush your teeth in the morning? No reason for you to start in your first post name calling.
selah1954

Sparta, WI

#17 Feb 16, 2011
TO-just another guy
Is this even a correct english sentence. WOW!!!!!!
Intentionally Obtuse

Grand Junction, CO

#18 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954 wrote:
How can I argue with an idiot
You can't argue with anyone, including idiots. That is because you have been exposed as a racist hypocrite who is calling for the deportation of an American citizen from America. No greater stupidity than yours could ever be displayed, whether on purpose or by accident!
Bring it on

Holly, CO

#19 Feb 16, 2011
selah1954, why do you hate white people?
wereallalittlera cist

Pueblo, CO

#20 Feb 17, 2011
Why is Lamar so racist online? I sware if you people ran into each other at Wal Mart or Truck you would never think of saying half the stuff you say on this comment board.STOP BEING INTERNET THUGS.
I am the only exception.
SMUG LIFE DCLXVI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lamar Ledger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Howell sentenced to four years in Department of... (Mar '11) Jun '15 The Truth 27
News Soper named new superintendent - Lamar Ledger (Jan '10) May '15 Concerned parent 42
News Lamar School Board narrows serach for superinte... (Jan '10) May '15 themiddleduck 23
News Matthew S. "Biggie" Lyons - Lamar Ledger (Feb '10) Jul '14 Topanga Goebel 4
News Herbert D. Reyher - Lamar Ledger (Nov '09) Jun '14 Theodore Wells 3
News Four arrested on drug charges - Lamar Ledger (Jun '10) Dec '13 concerned 26
News Women's Clinic move sidelined - Lamar Ledger (Dec '09) Sep '13 Alfred 5
More from around the web