Our Apologies

Our Apologies

There are 3074 comments on the News 9 Oklahoma City story from Mar 7, 2008, titled Our Apologies. In it, News 9 Oklahoma City reports that:

The page you requested is currently unavailable. Pages on this site are constantly being revised, updated, and occasionally removed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 9 Oklahoma City.

Lynne

Peoria, IL

#2343 Mar 11, 2008
Now that she has bashed the gay community which minority group is next? Let me know when she gets to your group and tell me how you feel.
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2346 Mar 11, 2008
Think About It wrote:
It is amazing to see that many people of Oklahoma "100%" back the remarks of this Representative.
A few people have brains left. No one wants to hear about Martin Luther "i've got the dream....." King.
He's been dead for years. And look what has happened since his famous speech.
ToTheAunt

United States

#2347 Mar 11, 2008
Please tell your nephew to consider staying in Oklahoma. We need him here. He is worth more than a thousand Sally Kerns.

I hope you don't mind but I want to copy that letter and sent it to others. I think it has put things in the best perspective of anything else I've seen.

To Reprentative Kern all I have to ask were your views worth this boys heartache????????
dan

Bedford Park, IL

#2348 Mar 11, 2008
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, most Christians are nothing like Phelps, but I disagree that Sally Kerns remarks were like his.I don't know if you listened to the twenty minute interview she gave, but she stated in that interview that she did not hate gays, she just disagrees with their lifestyle.
Yes our war against terrorism is a physical battle, but it is also a spiritual battle as well. I don't think her statements will be the motivation for violence against gays (not sane people anyway) anymore than legalizing guns will cause people to murder others.
The battle against terrorism is spiritual, and the battle to preserve the american family is a spiritual one! I think what Ms. Kern meant by saying homosexuality is like a cancer was not so much that it needs to be removed like a cancer, but rather it spreads like a cancer.
I think she knows that homosexuality will never be removed from our society, at least not until Jesus returns.
Indeed, words are powerful, they can either build up, or tear down. It's really tough to be in the public eye, I for one am praying for her, and for this great nation.
I'm concerned about your posting for a number of reasons. Would you feel the same way if this was 1943 and she said gays were more of a threat to our nation than Nazis?
No, stable people will not be moved to violence by her remarks. It has never been the stable people who have gone out in search of gays and committed violence towards them. But how stable is a sixteen year old when he's with a pack of sixteen year olds each trying to impress each other? What do they do when they see the class loner who everyone whispers about, walking by himself?
How stable is the guy who just lost his job and his girlfriend and needs someone to take out his anger on?
Her words create a context for violence. Again, all I ask is that she come out with an explicit statement saying she condemns all violence towards gays and lesbians and asks other christians to do the same. She can end it by saying she believes homosexuality to be sin. Fine. You've said she believes this, but her statements as to Americans being able to live as they choose fall short of it, especially after these comments.
Anon

United States

#2349 Mar 11, 2008
Dear Tucker,
I am so glad your aunt Elizabeth posted your letter here. You are a very eloquent young man and your letter was incredible. I hope it was read by the entire Oklahoma House and on the news. You can teach a some of the "adults" out there a few things. Your mother would be proud of you.
Michael Sparks

United States

#2350 Mar 11, 2008
Anyone that has not read the letter a young man named Tucker wrote to Sally Kern and which is posted here needs to look through the recent posts and read it. You'll be touched and maybe back off of some of this nasty fighting in here. You'll also get to see the direct results and harm that Kern has done to the children of Oklahoma. The effects of her speech is now causing hate in our schools.
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2352 Mar 11, 2008
Tucker, would your momma be proud you were GAY?
You are, aren't you? I'm sorry she died in OKC, but
what does that have to do with the gay agenda?
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2353 Mar 11, 2008
Elizabeth2 wrote:
r He was an extremist Christian forcing his views through a body count.
Where did you hear that? He was NO Christian or he would not have set a bomb that killed all those people. I am sorry for the loss of Tucker's mom, but why did you bring OKC bombing into this? NO ONE
SAID TIMOTHY MCVEIGH WAS A CHRISTIAN.

Apples and Oranges.
Lucille

United States

#2355 Mar 11, 2008
Indiana Dunes wrote:
Tucker, would your momma be proud you were GAY?
You are, aren't you? I'm sorry she died in OKC, but
what does that have to do with the gay agenda?
You hateful beast. I read that letter. Tucker is not gay. He lost his mother to a terrorist. You didn't even bother reading it all did you? You're so full of hate and spit you care for no one.

You'll never enter Heaven with a heart like that you creep.

Were Tucker my son I would be proud of him without end and I suspect most mentally healthy people would feel the same.
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2356 Mar 11, 2008
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm soooo tired of hearing Christians being compared to Fred Phelps. That's like comparing Muhammad Ali to Osama Bin Laden! Fred Phelps is not a true Christian, he's a poor example of a human being, much less a representative of Christ.
Fred Phelps is an extremist and NO Christian example. He and his tribe are whackos.

Timothy McVeigh was also a whacko.

Ms. Kerns is speaking for millions of people who won't speak for themselves because it is politically incorrect. I hate that term.
stm

New York, NY

#2357 Mar 11, 2008
What a beautiful, eloquent posting. Please tell your nephew that he is a remarkable young man and that I hope that he continues to write. It is young people like him that give me hope for the future of country and our world. I know that his mother would be so proud of the fine young man that he has become. I know he will continue to inspire so many with his intelligence and wisdom.
Trace

United States

#2358 Mar 11, 2008
Indiana Dunes wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you hear that? He was NO Christian or he would not have set a bomb that killed all those people. I am sorry for the loss of Tucker's mom, but why did you bring OKC bombing into this? NO ONE
SAID TIMOTHY MCVEIGH WAS A CHRISTIAN.
Apples and Oranges.
McVeigh was a Christian. No not like most Christians but his anti-goverment agenda was fueled by his beliefs and his support of Koresh. I believe the intent was to show Islamic people aren't normally terrorists; they can be anyone that takes things to the extreme. And his view is that gays aren't worse than terrorists.

The aunt posted the letter anyway. So it is doubtful you get to attack the young man. I bet that hurts you doesn't it?

Too bad you don't have the gift of discernment. Clearly you just scanned the letter to find something to attack Tucker over.

Shame on you.

Shame on you.

Shame on you.
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2359 Mar 11, 2008
Lucille wrote:
<quoted text>
You hateful beast. You'll never enter Heaven with a heart like that you creep.
And neither will you.
Indiana Dunes

Eureka Springs, AR

#2360 Mar 11, 2008
Trace wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you.
Shame on you.
Shame on you.
Oh, you've hurt my feeling. Boo Hoo.

Shame on you.
Shame on you.
Shame on you.
Tiffany

United States

#2361 Mar 11, 2008
Reply to Elizabeth: I am very glad that you've posted your nephew's letter to her on here. It has touched my life, even if it does not get to her I want to let you know it has had an effect on someone's life. I'm one of those gay kids that had to walk with my friends when I was in high school afraid that one of those hate crimes that show up here and there would have my name written all over it.

I wanted to say thank you for sharing your life with us. I know I was also in Oklahoma during that time, and I will never forget it either. I'm sorry for both of your loss, but I'm glad that your nephew had a guardian angel looking out for him. I hope for the best in life for him and that he's able to find happiness wherever life takes him.

I do not agree with her at all in the comments that she made. I don't think she should classify a gay person has trying to hurt anyone, I also didn't like the part where we're supposed to be spreading like cancer. I have not corrupted anyone or turned anyone gay. I like that there are straight people out there to continue having babies. I'm just doing my part to not over populate the earth!

Thank you again for posting your nephew's letter on here, it brought tears to my eyes and made me pitty her instead of being so furious with her actions. I know she's wrong, and she can state she has reasons behind her actions. I don't think she's wrong for having an opinion, but she's supposed to represent the people of Oklahoma...and I'm an Oklahoman (even if I'm gay) that also needs to be represented.
Terry

El Reno, OK

#2362 Mar 11, 2008
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm concerned about your posting for a number of reasons. Would you feel the same way if this was 1943 and she said gays were more of a threat to our nation than Nazis?
No, stable people will not be moved to violence by her remarks. It has never been the stable people who have gone out in search of gays and committed violence towards them. But how stable is a sixteen year old when he's with a pack of sixteen year olds each trying to impress each other? What do they do when they see the class loner who everyone whispers about, walking by himself?
How stable is the guy who just lost his job and his girlfriend and needs someone to take out his anger on?
Her words create a context for violence. Again, all I ask is that she come out with an explicit statement saying she condemns all violence towards gays and lesbians and asks other christians to do the same. She can end it by saying she believes homosexuality to be sin. Fine. You've said she believes this, but her statements as to Americans being able to live as they choose fall short of it, especially after these comments.
I wonder how much ranting the apostle Paul got when he said: "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor theives, nor coveteous, not drunkards, nor revilers, norextortioners will inherit the kingdom of God"?
Surely you don't expect Bible believing people to walk on eggshells, afraid of saying anything that lines up with Scripture just because it may be possible that some unstable people will react to it.
The things people are saying about Ms. Kern contain more hatred than what she actually said. These people are not walking on eggshells, hey don't seem to be worried that Phelps and his gang may show up in their neighborhood with sign and guns or whatever. Yet us Christians better keep our mouths shut?
I would agree if she was spewing hate like Phelps, but she's not.
Rhonda

United States

#2364 Mar 11, 2008
Tucker ---- I knew your mother Pat. Tucker isn't that common a name so I am assuming you are who I think you are. You don't know me but I did meet you when your mother would bring you to work for the daycare. She was a gracious, kind, and warm co-worker.

I miss her too and the other co-workers I lost in the HUD office. It was a horrible, horrible time.

You're in my prayers and Pat is somewhere in Heaven bragging about you like she always did.

HUGS!
Floyd

Eureka Springs, AR

#2365 Mar 11, 2008
I've got to agree with Dunes.
One man + one woman. God's way. Even the parts fit. Elementary biology. Why is this country taking up for all the gays? They have always been here, but hidden away, as they should be. Non normal behavior should be hidden and gas are surely abnormal. Any man who would lay with another man just ain't. Same with a woman. Sick and un natural.
Bryan

Grand Rapids, MI

#2366 Mar 11, 2008
Julie wrote:
The Bible is very clear on the sin of homosexuality. Homosexuality is not what God intended. It is clearly stated in the Bible, yet many believe we have to tolerate it. My own sister is a homosexual. It is, however, very important to love these people regardless of their lifestyle, but we don't have to condone it. We need to gently restore them to the truth.
It's time someone reminded the public of what's right in God's sight. It is sinful, but God loves the sinner, not the sin.
Satan is alive and well, deceiving and blinding people to the truth. Those who have been saved and have the Holy Spirit in their lives know the truth. It's like the spirit of discernment to what's right and wrong. I know this because I am a christian and, when I sin, I immediately feel the Holy Spirit working in my life to bring me back in a right relationship with Him.
AMEN SISTER...ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE STEPS UP AND SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!
Steven SS

United States

#2367 Mar 11, 2008
There are two kinds of people in the world:

Those like Tucker and his mother.

And those like Sally Kern and Indiana Dunes.

Don't leave Oklahoma Tucker. You're needed here. You will make a difference here. You are the true heart and voice of the decent people here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News 9 Oklahoma City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Beaten, Robbed at Oklahoma City Restaurant (Jan '09) May '17 Bill smith 35
News Foster parent speaks out about DHS lawsuit (Feb '08) Apr '17 Elk City 45
News Lawsuit against DHS seeks changes in state chil... (Feb '08) Mar '17 TIvey 34
News City says no parking in the yard (Aug '08) Dec '16 Nickfuckthecopsdi... 28
News Teen won't be prosecuted for stabbing (Oct '08) Nov '16 Whoever u want 22
News Follow Burgess Case From Beginning (Jan '09) Oct '16 Esther 35
News Attorney Michael Gassaway disbarred (Jun '08) May '16 Gregs NOT Good 9
More from around the web