Murder suspect OK to travel, leave state

The suspect in the killing of an Albuquerque couple will be allowed to travel outside of the state, a judge has decided. Full Story

Since: Aug 08

ABQ

#41 Oct 28, 2008
Note to self: Election Day, dont vote for Pat Murdoch.
OUTRAGED

AOL

#42 Oct 28, 2008
ALB wrote:
<quoted text>
If the family read the report they would have know it was renee, the ALB Police dept let her clean up all the crime scene. The family even told police it might be renee what kind of daughter is she.(crazy). One shell casing come on we know the Alb Police dept cant even keep it together. there are just so many unanswered questions.
I am the family in part!!! Respect is lacked in our society these to often......know the fact and or be directly involved before stating claim. How insulting can you be - on the other hand thank you all for your support as the DA's office has insisted the have done all they can do and can not press the legal system for anything more. It was stated by the ADA that it is our expectation that they must wave some sort of magic wand. We dont have support from the legal system mostly the DA's office and or the APD. They continue to sit on it and cut corners from the get go.......disappointing huh? They insist they have no idea who Felissa Garcia Kelly is - with her reputation how can she be unknown. I think her influence is huge in this case. The fact is you people defending Murdoch the DA's office and APD have no clue. John and Bernadette were great people hard working and a very important part of our family and they deserve justice - we deserve answers......
MES

Rio Rancho, NM

#43 Oct 28, 2008
OUTRAGED wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the family in part!!! Respect is lacked in our society these to often......know the fact and or be directly involved before stating claim. How insulting can you be - on the other hand thank you all for your support as the DA's office has insisted the have done all they can do and can not press the legal system for anything more. It was stated by the ADA that it is our expectation that they must wave some sort of magic wand. We dont have support from the legal system mostly the DA's office and or the APD. They continue to sit on it and cut corners from the get go.......disappointing huh? They insist they have no idea who Felissa Garcia Kelly is - with her reputation how can she be unknown. I think her influence is huge in this case. The fact is you people defending Murdoch the DA's office and APD have no clue. John and Bernadette were great people hard working and a very important part of our family and they deserve justice - we deserve answers......
Ronald was having an affair Renee? Wow, this is good stuff!
Ann

Albuquerque, NM

#44 Oct 28, 2008
OH MY GOD! How could a judge allow such a thing. Might as well have no prisons! Just open the doors and turn them all lose! What was that judge thinking? Absolutely ludacrous! It seems anything goes in this state. I ready to move.
like i said what system

AOL

#45 Oct 28, 2008
ALB wrote:
<quoted text>
If the family read the report they would have know it was renee, the ALB Police dept let her clean up all the crime scene. The family even told police it might be renee what kind of daughter is she.(crazy). One shell casing come on we know the Alb Police dept cant even keep it together. there are just so many unanswered questions.
you feel the same too....how ironic....especially since you dont know renee. it is so obvious who did this, why leave her to live knowing there is a possiblity of her being able to identify the murderer. and where is renee now? why didnt she stick around and fight for her parents. the only question she ever had to detective flores was "when are you going to release me so that i can get my money"....not have you caught the murderer yet? or whats going with my case.....WHERE ARE YOU RENEE WHEN ALL THESE HEARINGS ARE GOING ON? why are you still alive and not your parents, no forced entry, and no being able to identify who did this....her parents graves are never bare however, they are remembered and will always be remembered and the truth will come out
like i said what system

AOL

#46 Oct 28, 2008
First Hand wrote:
A couple of noteworthy facts - which should come out on 48 Hours Mystery, tentatively scheduled to air November 15, 2008.
#1-The couple that he frauded also believes he attempted to kill them. Not only did Santiago show up at their apartment at 6 am, uninvited one week before the fraud was perpetuated, the brakes on their vehicle were cut the morning they were scheduled to pick up those fraudulent checks. APD didn't bother to fingerprint the vehicle because the couple didn't have a named suspect at the time.(They did later and demanded the fraud and brake cutting cases be cross-referenced.) The Grand jury failed to indict Santiago on the attempted murder of the second couple because there was no evidence (ie fingerprints off the vehicle).
#2-The attorney that has filed the wrongful death and civil tort suit against the Santiago, Countrywide and Renee Ohlemacher refuses to talk with the fraud victims mentioned above.
Clearly, there are many more twists and turns to this case then what is being reported by the mainstream media.
DISGUSTED!
what fraud victims....there was a double homicide here.....why would he need to do that?
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#47 Oct 29, 2008
ALB wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on innocent until proven guilty, the couple that supposely had there brakes cut had to do something because they knew about the fraudelant check, probably there loan. They want no attention on them. What about Countrywide and Jason Pike, do you believe he did not know what was going on at Countrywide? Maybe Countrywide has been doing business like that for along time and Santiago was just stupid to get caught.
Come one Jason Pike tell us the truth?
I've known Jason Pike since he burst on the mortgage banking business many, many moons ago when all the now Big Dogs in the mortgage banking business still had a full head of hair. Jason is a hard worker, very business savvy, personable & a wheeler dealer. To even suggest Jason would risk everything he's worked so hard for to protect Santiago is ludicrous. I am an acquaintance of Jason's, we were never friends, in fact I'm not that fond of him, but for you to implicate him in Santiago's underhanded deals is disgusting. Jason Pike is NOT stupid & has never been accused of impropriety, to my knowledge, until you just tried to put a dark cloud over his good reputation. How would Jason know if the information Santiago fed to the Underwriters was factual? He wouldn't. Santiago was fly in the ointment at Countrywide & he's been swatted. Did Jason fire you for non production?
HHHHHH

Richland, WA

#48 Oct 29, 2008
like i said what system wrote:
<quoted text>
you feel the same too....how ironic....especially since you dont know renee. it is so obvious who did this, why leave her to live knowing there is a possiblity of her being able to identify the murderer. and where is renee now? why didnt she stick around and fight for her parents. the only question she ever had to detective flores was "when are you going to release me so that i can get my money"....not have you caught the murderer yet? or whats going with my case.....WHERE ARE YOU RENEE WHEN ALL THESE HEARINGS ARE GOING ON? why are you still alive and not your parents, no forced entry, and no being able to identify who did this....her parents graves are never bare however, they are remembered and will always be remembered and the truth will come out
Where is Renee and why was she not a suspect? When the truth comes out and Renee has been implicated no one will be able to find her. Her parents money might not last forever.
HHHHHH

Richland, WA

#49 Oct 29, 2008
like i said what system wrote:
<quoted text>
what fraud victims....there was a double homicide here.....why would he need to do that?
Do you honestly believe the fraud victims above did not know of the fraudelent checks? They did not no there loan was fraud. I think the fraud victim knew what was going on. Did they every receive any money from Santiago? If so, did they give it back probably not. Are these the same people on nm courts where santagio was sueing for his return of cash?????
First Hand

Albuquerque, NM

#50 Oct 29, 2008
HHHHHH wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe the fraud victims above did not know of the fraudelent checks? They did not no there loan was fraud. I think the fraud victim knew what was going on. Did they every receive any money from Santiago? If so, did they give it back probably not. Are these the same people on nm courts where santagio was sueing for his return of cash?????
The fraud (and attempted homocide) victims did not know the checks were fraudulent, until the bank called and told them. They signed loan paperwork and received checks from their loan officer (Ron). They did not receive any money from him and are not sueing him for anything. They are simply happy to be alive. Heck, Ron turned himself into the Secret Service not APD. Do you really think the Feds talk to local agencies? NOT! Knowing this, the victims filed their reports with APD (Brakes were cut the day they were scheduled to pick up their re-fi check and fraud was filed the day Ron turned himself into the Secret Service.) They requested the two agencies talk to each other. How do you think APD received information that potentially connected him to the homocides that the other couple didn't even know about? The fraud victims had only been in Albuquerque for UNDER 6 months and didn't know anyone in this town, except their co-workers. These victims did the Ohlemacher's a favor without even knowing it. All they knew is that something was terribly wrong with their dealings with Ron & Countrywide.

Watch 48 Hours on Nov 15.
Victim

Albuquerque, NM

#51 Oct 29, 2008
GOOD GRIEF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known Jason Pike since he burst on the mortgage banking business many, many moons ago when all the now Big Dogs in the mortgage banking business still had a full head of hair. Jason is a hard worker, very business savvy, personable & a wheeler dealer. To even suggest Jason would risk everything he's worked so hard for to protect Santiago is ludicrous. I am an acquaintance of Jason's, we were never friends, in fact I'm not that fond of him, but for you to implicate him in Santiago's underhanded deals is disgusting. Jason Pike is NOT stupid & has never been accused of impropriety, to my knowledge, until you just tried to put a dark cloud over his good reputation. How would Jason know if the information Santiago fed to the Underwriters was factual? He wouldn't. Santiago was fly in the ointment at Countrywide & he's been swatted. Did Jason fire you for non production?
The only thing I will say is that I was there and am living this nightmare. My heart goes out to the Ohlemacher family.

I come from a long line of law enforcement and have worked in the field. There are a lot of opinions out there, but Jason was just as much in shock about our fraud situation with Ron as we were; and I was in the room when the Secret Service called Jason to tell him that Ron turned himself in. I don't particularly like Jason either, but he and his staff cooperated to the best of their ability, at that time. Do I agree with how he handled Ron? No! Not after knowing what I know now. But a good business man is not always good at everything. That's why they hire HR people. I'm not defending Jason, but I'm not accusing him either!
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#52 Oct 30, 2008
HHHHHH wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe the fraud victims above did not know of the fraudelent checks? They did not no there loan was fraud. I think the fraud victim knew what was going on. Did they every receive any money from Santiago? If so, did they give it back probably not. Are these the same people on nm courts where santagio was sueing for his return of cash?????
I don't think the fraud victims did know. Their refi is where some of the forgery charges against Santiago came from. If they had known what was going on they would have signed the paperwork, no need for Santiago to forge their names on documents Santiago turned into Underwriting. The screws were tightening around Santiago, for some reason he was desperate for cash & I believe he did cut their brake cables & advised them to use the freeway hoping for a bad accident during the morning rush when the freeway is crazy anyway. Santiago isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, obviously. I think the couple who escaped him need to kiss the ground & thank the good Lord they are alive. I also think there is a lot that hasn't come out YET on his motive for murdering the Ohlemacher's.

I also firmly believe he is on the run thanks to Judge Murdock's poor decision. It's a cr*p shoot if his loving wife returns to Albuquerque.

My opinion & $5.50 buys you a scrumptious latte at that darling little coffee place on Mountain Rd. with extra froth, I know, I know!.
Past

Albuquerque, NM

#53 Oct 30, 2008
Victim wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I will say is that I was there and am living this nightmare. My heart goes out to the Ohlemacher family.
I come from a long line of law enforcement and have worked in the field. There are a lot of opinions out there, but Jason was just as much in shock about our fraud situation with Ron as we were; and I was in the room when the Secret Service called Jason to tell him that Ron turned himself in. I don't particularly like Jason either, but he and his staff cooperated to the best of their ability, at that time. Do I agree with how he handled Ron? No! Not after knowing what I know now. But a good business man is not always good at everything. That's why they hire HR people. I'm not defending Jason, but I'm not accusing him either!
Your living the nightmare- how so?
Past

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Oct 30, 2008
MES wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald was having an affair Renee? Wow, this is good stuff!
I'm sure Santiago was having an affair with a lot of women and men for that factor!
Past

Albuquerque, NM

#55 Oct 30, 2008
HHHHHH wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe the fraud victims above did not know of the fraudelent checks? They did not no there loan was fraud. I think the fraud victim knew what was going on. Did they every receive any money from Santiago? If so, did they give it back probably not. Are these the same people on nm courts where santagio was sueing for his return of cash?????
Santiago was and is a dumb a** he lend people all kinds of money and for what? I hope he doesnt get a cent in return. LOSER!!
Misery

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Oct 30, 2008
Past wrote:
<quoted text>
Santiago was and is a dumb a** he lend people all kinds of money and for what? I hope he doesnt get a cent in return. LOSER!!
There really wasn't any way for him to collect any of the money on the fraudulent checks he created.
The only thing he risked in that venture was being found out.
They are still trying to figure out a motive other than the fact that he would have been found out creating forged checks. Those people who were refi-ing through countrywide had no clue that their checks were not initially approved, and that he "pushed" them through and forged them to make the fraud and homicide victims think that their loans were approved.
On another note:
I do have to agree with the strangeness of this case. From the initial question of why the murders happened to the lack of support from the DA's office, to the inadequate investigators, and from the judge's decisions and lack of urgency. They have sat on this case for three years. Isn't it time to step it up and get it together? Abq needs to replace Kari Brandenburg...she is a joke.
I feel the pain of the family of the victims, and pray that answers and justice come quickly.
Misery

Minneapolis, MN

#57 Oct 30, 2008
MES wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald was having an affair Renee? Wow, this is good stuff!
Where did you get that from?
aaaaaaa

Albuquerque, NM

#58 Oct 30, 2008
Misery wrote:
<quoted text>
There really wasn't any way for him to collect any of the money on the fraudulent checks he created.
The only thing he risked in that venture was being found out.
They are still trying to figure out a motive other than the fact that he would have been found out creating forged checks. Those people who were refi-ing through countrywide had no clue that their checks were not initially approved, and that he "pushed" them through and forged them to make the fraud and homicide victims think that their loans were approved.
On another note:
I do have to agree with the strangeness of this case. From the initial question of why the murders happened to the lack of support from the DA's office, to the inadequate investigators, and from the judge's decisions and lack of urgency. They have sat on this case for three years. Isn't it time to step it up and get it together? Abq needs to replace Kari Brandenburg...she is a joke.
I feel the pain of the family of the victims, and pray that answers and justice come quickly.
If the loans were pushed through and fraudelant checked were issued how then Did Countrywide, or the underwriters not know what was happening. How long was this happening? A person just doesnt write fraud check and bogus loans at mortage company. Did any one every notice or maybe it was practice.
wwwwwww

Albuquerque, NM

#59 Oct 30, 2008
OUTRAGED wrote:
"Suspected Murder" with a great deal of evidence against him - thrown out on a technicality. Probably due to the influence his attorney wife may have in the legal system. Come on lets "get real"....a bullet casing is just as close as finding a smoking gun. APD dropped the ball wouldn't you say? Anyone for the victims here? Guess it is easy for you "Hildie" to walk the streets with these kind of people....maybe your one of them. Get your facts right. Lets review the evidence shall we..........
Let play devil advocate maybe the bullet case was planted by the APD. Isn't that what happened to that Marine in RR who is now sueing the dept. Maybe the higher up's were on the homicide detective for them to clear a case. Or maybe the detectives did what they had to do to get a case of there desk???
Misery

Minneapolis, MN

#60 Oct 30, 2008
aaaaaaa wrote:
<quoted text>If the loans were pushed through and fraudelant checked were issued how then Did Countrywide, or the underwriters not know what was happening. How long was this happening? A person just doesnt write fraud check and bogus loans at mortage company. Did any one every notice or maybe it was practice.
Well...it took Countrywide almost a year - and they never did anything until Ronald turned himself in to the Secret Service and admitted to what he did... who knows how long it was happening? Who knows if there was more than one individual involved in that scheme as well? So many questions - after so many years....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family: Missing woman trying to hitchhike to Th... Dec 16 Josie Spencer Coc... 1
New Mexicans come together to honor life, legac... Dec 14 mandela necklace 1
Albuquerque area renamed - Mile-hi District' Dec 12 fmer505-1951 4
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan Dec 4 WeTheSheeple 117
Horse slaughter plants preparing to open (Dec '13) Nov 29 Serrano Red 50
Regulators approve PNM solar plan Nov 27 Solarman 1
Murder investigation underway in Hobbs Nov '14 Concerned 2
More from around the web