Murder suspect OK to travel, leave state

Murder suspect OK to travel, leave state

There are 110 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Oct 23, 2008, titled Murder suspect OK to travel, leave state. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

The suspect in the killing of an Albuquerque couple will be allowed to travel outside of the state, a judge has decided.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#21 Oct 27, 2008
This really strange. Santiago divorced his wife, Martha Chavez, who he married in 2002; Married his divorce attorney Felissa Garcia Kelley on 02/11/2008 yet did not cancel the Power of Attorney he granted Martha Chavez Santiago on 05/03/2007. Santiago murdered the couple in August, 2005. Did Santiago & Martha have children? Maybe the reason for the POA? It gets stranger & stranger.
Justice

Rio Rancho, NM

#22 Oct 27, 2008
It was very embarrassing for me and my family once we learned what Ronald Santiago had been accused of. Once he was served with divorce papers a month later he then got engage to Felissa Garcia, while he was still married, how ethical is that coming from someone who practice Family Law?

She couldn’t wait to take her panties off! Ron saw a big opportunity being with her, was it for love-NOT maybe a way out, she used the Equity in her home to make his bail and offered him a job with her firm and yet Pat Murdock still allowed him to make bail without CCP. Felissa Garcia wants all the publicity of being married to a murder suspect. They both thrive on each other-who knows maybe Felissa is sleeping with the judge too... anything is possible at this point!

My heart goes out to the deceased family and I could only hope that one day justice will be served!
Sam

Rio Rancho, NM

#23 Oct 27, 2008
GOOD GRIEF wrote:
This really strange. Santiago divorced his wife, Martha Chavez, who he married in 2002; Married his divorce attorney Felissa Garcia Kelley on 02/11/2008 yet did not cancel the Power of Attorney he granted Martha Chavez Santiago on 05/03/2007. Santiago murdered the couple in August, 2005. Did Santiago & Martha have children? Maybe the reason for the POA? It gets stranger & stranger.
No way did Martha Santiago have kids with Ron and it was Martha Santiago who filed for divoice not Ronald.
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#24 Oct 27, 2008
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
No way did Martha Santiago have kids with Ron and it was Martha Santiago who filed for divoice not Ronald.
I stand corrected. I misread the divorce court case. Thank's for setting me straight. Santiago was also divorced from a Yolanda in 98. Good Grief the guy is 42 & on wife #3. You obviously know him, what do you think the chances are he returns for his trial?
Is Robert Santiago his brother? He's listed in the court docket as posting 10% of Ron's $100,000 bail.
Judge Murdock's escuse for letting him travel is he's stayed out of trouble since he made bail. What in Heaven's name is wrong with Murdock?
Mr BH

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Oct 27, 2008
To the few of you who seem to be obsessed with "Ron" and know him on a nickname basis must have a personal vendeta, media, or even a relationship with the man! Are you family members of the deceased or of Mr. Santiago's ex-wife or are you Martha Santiago herself?
Get over it "Sam", I hope you never have to live in the spot light of the media for something you were accused of and didn't do.
"Justice" Give this man the opportunity to prove he is innocent until proven guilty rather than guilty until proven innocent.
"Good Grief" is correct! Let it go, that's all I have to say!
ALB

Melbourne, AR

#26 Oct 27, 2008
GOOD GRIEF wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. I misread the divorce court case. Thank's for setting me straight. Santiago was also divorced from a Yolanda in 98. Good Grief the guy is 42 & on wife #3. You obviously know him, what do you think the chances are he returns for his trial?
Is Robert Santiago his brother? He's listed in the court docket as posting 10% of Ron's $100,000 bail.
Judge Murdock's escuse for letting him travel is he's stayed out of trouble since he made bail. What in Heaven's name is wrong with Murdock?
Robert Santiago is an uncle.
OUTRAGED

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Oct 27, 2008
Mr. BH as you call yourself - why you so protective of Santiago? Do you know the facts - do your research. Looks to me at one point Santiago held a smoking on August 2, 2005. Law states innocent until proven guilty however our great legal system has found a loop hole to throw out evidence in this case. The bullet casing found is pretty incriminating wouldn't you say? Facts are facts and no matter how it was obtained in my mind evidence is evidence...... Tell me again how are you connected to Santiago? Pretty gutsy on your part to defend him. WAKE UP!
Sam

Rio Rancho, NM

#28 Oct 27, 2008
Mr BH wrote:
To the few of you who seem to be obsessed with "Ron" and know him on a nickname basis must have a personal vendeta, media, or even a relationship with the man! Are you family members of the deceased or of Mr. Santiago's ex-wife or are you Martha Santiago herself?
Get over it "Sam", I hope you never have to live in the spot light of the media for something you were accused of and didn't do.
"Justice" Give this man the opportunity to prove he is innocent until proven guilty rather than guilty until proven innocent.
"Good Grief" is correct! Let it go, that's all I have to say!
Touchy, touchy huh! Apparently it seems like you know him well, come on they found the shell in his home! Justice hasn’t been served, this man lied and cheated people out of money, then made promises that he couldn’t keep. Then he’s walking the street-get over it?? What if that happened to someone you loved? Then you’ll be on the other side of the fence. Justice must be served!!
Sam

Rio Rancho, NM

#29 Oct 27, 2008
OUTRAGED wrote:
Mr. BH as you call yourself - why you so protective of Santiago? Do you know the facts - do your research. Looks to me at one point Santiago held a smoking on August 2, 2005. Law states innocent until proven guilty however our great legal system has found a loop hole to throw out evidence in this case. The bullet casing found is pretty incriminating wouldn't you say? Facts are facts and no matter how it was obtained in my mind evidence is evidence...... Tell me again how are you connected to Santiago? Pretty gutsy on your part to defend him. WAKE UP!
Obviously Mr BH knows Ronald Santiago
MES

Rio Rancho, NM

#30 Oct 27, 2008
Mr BH wrote:
To the few of you who seem to be obsessed with "Ron" and know him on a nickname basis must have a personal vendeta, media, or even a relationship with the man! Are you family members of the deceased or of Mr. Santiago's ex-wife or are you Martha Santiago herself?
Get over it "Sam", I hope you never have to live in the spot light of the media for something you were accused of and didn't do.
"Justice" Give this man the opportunity to prove he is innocent until proven guilty rather than guilty until proven innocent.
"Good Grief" is correct! Let it go, that's all I have to say!
Ron, Ronald-- Does that make me know him! Get all the facts how can you be so Naive!!
Grettle

Sterling Heights, MI

#31 Oct 27, 2008
It seems to me as if everyone on this blog "knows" mr santiago. I wish everyone would just shut the hell up and let the justice system work. And why is everyone being so hard on Judge Murdoch? Finally someone has the balls to actually demonstrate ethics and justice and you give him a hard time for it. You are all so quick to criticize why dont you get off your lazy **** and run for office yourself! TY
Mr BH

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Oct 27, 2008
Like I said you guys seem to follow him ritualistically, sitting at your desk waiting for a confrontational reply so you can respond immediately. Maybe your from the DA's office? A little upsetting that if indeed Mr. Santiago is guilty that your office allowed this to "slip through the cracks" the way it did, or from APD who can't execute a search warrant, or even properly process a crime scene. The blame is on the DA's office, not the Judge, he's simply interpreting the law. I hope this judge does get re elected hes one of the few on the bench that has the guts to do anything come election time.
First Hand

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Oct 27, 2008
A couple of noteworthy facts - which should come out on 48 Hours Mystery, tentatively scheduled to air November 15, 2008.
#1-The couple that he frauded also believes he attempted to kill them. Not only did Santiago show up at their apartment at 6 am, uninvited one week before the fraud was perpetuated, the brakes on their vehicle were cut the morning they were scheduled to pick up those fraudulent checks. APD didn't bother to fingerprint the vehicle because the couple didn't have a named suspect at the time.(They did later and demanded the fraud and brake cutting cases be cross-referenced.) The Grand jury failed to indict Santiago on the attempted murder of the second couple because there was no evidence (ie fingerprints off the vehicle).

#2-The attorney that has filed the wrongful death and civil tort suit against the Santiago, Countrywide and Renee Ohlemacher refuses to talk with the fraud victims mentioned above.

Clearly, there are many more twists and turns to this case then what is being reported by the mainstream media.

DISGUSTED!
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#34 Oct 28, 2008
Mr BH wrote:
To the few of you who seem to be obsessed with "Ron" and know him on a nickname basis must have a personal vendeta, media, or even a relationship with the man! Are you family members of the deceased or of Mr. Santiago's ex-wife or are you Martha Santiago herself?
Get over it "Sam", I hope you never have to live in the spot light of the media for something you were accused of and didn't do.
"Justice" Give this man the opportunity to prove he is innocent until proven guilty rather than guilty until proven innocent.
"Good Grief" is correct! Let it go, that's all I have to say!
I did not say "let it go". You are having such a hissy fit & are on the attack you confused me with another blogger who posted that. This is a high profile murder case that has been splashed all over the papers & TV.

Also this is a Forum where people are invited to express their opinion by KOB which they are doing & I'm sure will continue to do. You cannot muzzle people nor control what they think for whatever your reason may be which I think you may be close to or involved with one of the principles in the case. This was a grizzly, brutal murder, the suspect's bail was set at $100,000, no small amount even with 10% down & surety, yet the judge who set it allows the key suspect in the case to leave the state "to help his wife" an attorney & to also continue on to New York so his bride can help her daughter pick a college which I find strange conduct as hubby's murder trial is looming around the corner & being as college registration is well past & classes are in full session. With the shady cast of characters (victims excluded) in this scenario this case is fodder for a book by Ann Rule. As Harry Truman so apply put it "If the heat bothers you, stay out of the kitchen".

For the record I do not know Santiago (Sam), have never met him, am not involved in any way, shape or form with him (thankfully), therefor no "vendetta". However I can read & absorb facts from newspaper accounts, TV & court docets.
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#35 Oct 28, 2008
Oops, I meant Ron or is it Leo, Cleo, Toots or whatever.....
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#36 Oct 28, 2008
Grettle wrote:
It seems to me as if everyone on this blog "knows" mr santiago. I wish everyone would just shut the hell up and let the justice system work. And why is everyone being so hard on Judge Murdoch? Finally someone has the balls to actually demonstrate ethics and justice and you give him a hard time for it. You are all so quick to criticize why dont you get off your lazy **** and run for office yourself! TY
No can do. Freedom of speech ya know!:)

We'll know a lot more after watching 48 Hours Mystery on November 15th as will the rest of the country.
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#37 Oct 28, 2008
I meant to say KRQE & KOB. Both have Forums that invite comments.
ALB

Richland, WA

#38 Oct 28, 2008
OUTRAGED wrote:
This has been a huge disaster....from the APD to the District Attorney Kari Brandenburg and now Judge Pat Murdock. What is going on here - JUSTICE? What the hell is wrong with this picture? This Murder investigation has fallen through the cracks - starting out as "high profile" status changing only days later due to several other high profile murders that took place days/weeks following the Dover Court Murders of John and Bernadette Ohlemacher - these victims have been forgotten and disserviced. We walk the streets with this murderer every single day. I feel this has happened in part due to the relationship Santiago developed with his divorce attorney. Felissa Garcia has quite the reputation with in our legal system. She was involved with Hosencoff professionally for sure and protected him as well after he admitted guilt - and I wouldn't doubt she was involved romantically as she displays an infatuation for murders. How embarrassing for her and her children, more so the daughter he claims to be going to New York to help out with college interviews. The investigation has not been pursued as it sits on the desk of Det. Frank Flores. Kari Brandenberg is an embarrassment to our legal system and has laughed in the face of the victims families on more than one occasion. Is this being taken seriously? One more question I sit on - what is Santiago's involvement with the victims daughter, Renee Ohlemacher? Maybe he is going to meet up with her. I fear Santiago has been given a free pass and I am sure he will not return as promised. He has his life he lives fully, breathing and walking freely.
Santiago, don't you have your own children to care for? Why are you so eager to leave the state of New Mexico? You were seen at the funeral in the same wrinkled suit you wore in court on Thursday - why? To get a glimpse of your job well done. Were you that desperate to cover your tracks that you had to shoot two unarmed people at the most vulnerable time of day for them 5 am on August 2, 2005, as Berna showered and John slept in his bed - what was your thought as she stepped out of the shower and faced you or as you wrestled with John - or are your protecting your romantic/financial involvement with their daughter. Did Renee pay you off with her millions? Answers are lacked and justice has failed these two hard working innocent victims. Where do we go from here? Santiago continue to hide behind the power you think your wife has she will move on eventually also probably to another murderer.
What a horrible display of injustice. I am disgusted!!!!
If the family read the report they would have know it was renee, the ALB Police dept let her clean up all the crime scene. The family even told police it might be renee what kind of daughter is she.(crazy). One shell casing come on we know the Alb Police dept cant even keep it together. there are just so many unanswered questions.
ALB

Richland, WA

#39 Oct 28, 2008
First Hand wrote:
A couple of noteworthy facts - which should come out on 48 Hours Mystery, tentatively scheduled to air November 15, 2008.
#1-The couple that he frauded also believes he attempted to kill them. Not only did Santiago show up at their apartment at 6 am, uninvited one week before the fraud was perpetuated, the brakes on their vehicle were cut the morning they were scheduled to pick up those fraudulent checks. APD didn't bother to fingerprint the vehicle because the couple didn't have a named suspect at the time.(They did later and demanded the fraud and brake cutting cases be cross-referenced.) The Grand jury failed to indict Santiago on the attempted murder of the second couple because there was no evidence (ie fingerprints off the vehicle).
#2-The attorney that has filed the wrongful death and civil tort suit against the Santiago, Countrywide and Renee Ohlemacher refuses to talk with the fraud victims mentioned above.
Clearly, there are many more twists and turns to this case then what is being reported by the mainstream media.
DISGUSTED!
Come on innocent until proven guilty, the couple that supposely had there brakes cut had to do something because they knew about the fraudelant check, probably there loan. They want no attention on them. What about Countrywide and Jason Pike, do you believe he did not know what was going on at Countrywide? Maybe Countrywide has been doing business like that for along time and Santiago was just stupid to get caught.
Come one Jason Pike tell us the truth?
Lisa

Albuquerque, NM

#40 Oct 28, 2008
chillin wrote:
only in newmexico do we have the dumbest judges in the USA
I totally agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Outgoing DA compares APD to criminal organizati... 5 hr Helen W 17
News Police: Man confessed to murdering missing Sant... (Jul '08) Jan 7 MCT 21
News Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. (Jul '14) Jan 6 Dahli 21
News FBI investigates Realtor for mortgage fraud (Mar '08) Jan 6 Rahala 129
News Numerous wrecks reported at Opera Hill (Dec '08) Dec 23 Sunwatcher 7
News dispatch centers closing Dec '16 Julio 17
News US agency completes work at site of Oakland war... Dec '16 Cordwainer Trout 1
More from around the web