Student admits guilt in sexual hazing

Student admits guilt in sexual hazing

There are 30 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Jan 21, 2009, titled Student admits guilt in sexual hazing. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

A former Robertson High School football player pleaded guilty Tuesday to raping younger players during a hazing incident at a pre-season training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sunny Delight

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 21, 2009
Of course, there are slight differences in their testimony, as we all see things in a different way. But, the defense lawyers have to poke as many holes in the stories of the boys as they can. I would think the physical exams and the nearly same stories the victims told should convict the jerks that did this horrible crime.
Debbie

Lake Charles, LA

#3 Jan 21, 2009
Where were the adults? I'm sure the kids were not at the camp by themselves. Why were the coaches allowed to resign without charges? I'm sure some stories have changed due to the pressure from superiors. All defendants should get mandatory jail time.
Kate

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jan 21, 2009
Doesn't really sound like an official "hazing" incident, it' sounds like a blatant attack. Monstrous behavior.
Carrie

Newark, NJ

#6 Jan 21, 2009
I don't know why the word "hazing" was included in the description of this incidnt. It seems to me that characterizing something as hazing lessens or tries to explain the behavior. What hazing has to do with rape/sodomy of vunerable victims is unclear to me.
t nugent

Springfield, MA

#7 Jan 21, 2009
my god.. what did these kids parents do to them to make them act that way?
Hannah

Raleigh, NC

#8 Jan 21, 2009
OMG that is horrible what is going on with boys these days?
ohyeah

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2009
If these 'kids' were 19 or 20 and did something like this, they would get no deals, they would get nothing but 10 years and the registry. So why are you people screaming so loudly about 'where are the parents'. Apply the law equally. This kid committed a sex offense against a child. That is sexual assault. and seeing he used a brom, it should be aggravated sexual assault which should carry a minimum of 25 years.

So apply the laws equally, and stop thinking of him as a kid. His actions speak different. This guy is far worse than the 19 y/o sleeping with a 17 y/o and should be treated FAR differently.

And I highly doubt that the Parents did anything to these kids "to make them act that way" .. More than likely, it is the attitude that we allow upon them which is, Children do no wrong, only adults do, so accept no responsibility for your actions until you turn 18, then forget about that period in your life...
melanie

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Jan 21, 2009
they should all be castrated
Grump

Lafayette, CO

#11 Jan 21, 2009
As I have said in the past, I think this type of behavior has been going on for many years in the past and it has finally come to light.
Dee

Huntington, MA

#12 Jan 21, 2009
I agree with ohyeah.

But make no mistake, I think the perps were probably hazed/abused at some point as well or there were clearly warning flags when they were younger. This behavior does not appear out of the blue!
gibbj

Sarnia, Canada

#13 Jan 21, 2009
What ever happened to treating someone the way you would like to be treated? If this happened to them and they thought it was bad why would you want to do it to someone else? It has always bothered me that people can justify these types of things in their warped minds. Or for fear they just go along to get along.
fabiola miami

East Hampton, CT

#14 Jan 21, 2009
I don't know what is wrong with teen now
matt goldman

Land O Lakes, FL

#15 Jan 21, 2009
This is an example of the "pack mentality". Specifically, people doing things because of the support and fervor generated by a group. Individually these same people may well not have behaved in the same way. It's not an excuse by any means, but it does help in addressing how to educate towards preventing such behavior. Basically teaching people to resist the urging and peer pressure to do such things. Bottom line is that sex and power were used to reinforce the "leader of the pack" position of the more senior students over the younger students.
raul

Hamilton, Canada

#16 Jan 21, 2009
i hope they go to prison and get the same treatment
Cindy

United States

#17 Jan 21, 2009
I think a few years in prison would teach these perverts a lesson. It's unfortunate that their parents can't be jailed as well.
R Sanchez

Las Vegas, NM

#18 Jan 21, 2009
I hope all these maggots get the Max. But, I doubt that. Afterall were in NM, where criminals are given second,third or more chances.
lirpa

Washington, DC

#19 Jan 21, 2009
Sexual deviate - can't wait to see what kind of rapist/pedophile he grows up to be
Tamika

Coal City, IL

#20 Jan 21, 2009
Oh lord, let us pray for our young children.
none ya

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jan 21, 2009
RAPE...that is what these boys did and to down play it they call it hazing....They deserve sometime in the pen to be Bubba's girlfriend for a while and see how degrading this type of behavior is...I agree that all should be charged and I can't believe that a plea bargain for such a serious crime is given. Who did his parents pay off? Isn't that what we are all thinking. Shameful their behavior and how insulting to the victims to have so see someone get off with a slap on the hand. Get used to seeing this happen in life, boys. This is typical of how our justice system treats victims. We in the US claim that justice is blind but the reality is that it is justice for some and those are the ones that pay their way out of trouble.
ashlyeskye

Temple, TX

#22 Jan 21, 2009
A child wouldnt think about sexually attacking someone in anyway......I think they should get a choice.....go to jail and do your time....or if you want to be free then just let the victims do the same things to you and then make you stand on a busy street with a sign stating your crime!
They not only sodomized but RAPED these young boys!
What is society supposed to think about this? Our children are now at a high level of risk from these boys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albuquerque man accused of abusing baby release... Aug 7 tas 3
News UPDATE: Tornado warning expires; storms continuing (May '08) Jul 28 Steven allan Merkle 2
News "Eyebrow bandit" skips court date (Oct '08) Jul 25 Monique 13
News Police say man confronts squatters, gets shot, ... Jul 23 is this real 1
News Owners of Albuquerque restaurant offer to pay c... Jul 22 agreed 2
News July 21st Morning Rush: Police investigate taxi... Jul 22 The truth 1
News Albuquerque guardianship firm facing of embezzl... Jul 21 Cut Property 2
More from around the web