Children removed from Union County cult

Children removed from Union County cult

There are 54 comments on the KOB-TV story from Apr 30, 2008, titled Children removed from Union County cult. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

Wayne Bent, known to his followers as Michael Travesser The head of a cult based in northeastern New Mexico has gone on a hunger strike and issued a threat to Governor Bill Richardson after four children were ... via KOB-TV

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Elisha

Eugene, OR

#1 May 1, 2008
As it was with Jesus, so it is with Michael Travesser. As happened to Jerusalem 2000 years ago, so will it be with USA (The Great Satan).

Jesus came as "Bread from Heaven" saying that his Father had anointed him to be Messiah. He was viewed as a criminal by the authorities and was interrogated in their sham trials, while the mob yelled for his crucifixion. This happened even though Jesus did not commit any crimes.

Michael Travesser has appeared as "The True Husband" saying that his Father had anointed him to be the Messiah. The media and the mob are now having their sham trial whereby Michael is presented as a criminal, though no crime has been committed. When the dust settles, and after the U.S. has been destroyed by their own rebellion to the Supreme Judge, every knee will bow and acknowledge that Michael was indeed "The Son of God".

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#2 May 1, 2008
wayne brent is a perverted freak who took advantage of weak minded fools....he will be very popular in jail...the inmates will be screaming "Oh my God"..as they are poking him up the poop chute..
Kathleen

Bensalem, PA

#4 May 1, 2008
Elisha wrote:
after the U.S. has been destroyed by their own rebellion to the Supreme Judge, every knee will bow and acknowledge that Michael was indeed "The Son of God".
Truly, I thought KOB and the like made you people up for ratings.......you exist and that alone frightens me.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#6 May 1, 2008
Lobos suck wrote:
I hope it's no mystery why these numbskulls build their compounds in New Mexico. Where else could you round up this amount of people stupid enough to be brainwashed like this?
Right, Lobo fan?
Dimwits.
califonia

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#7 May 1, 2008
and california too..
jim E

Mcnary, AZ

#8 May 1, 2008
Well atleast I know where jesus is now, all this time I thought he was in the North Pole!! oh wait thats Santa Clause OOOOPS!!!

“Children Are Our Future”

Since: Apr 08

Four Corners Area, New Mexico

#9 May 1, 2008
Elisha wrote:
As it was with Jesus, so it is with Michael Travesser. As happened to Jerusalem 2000 years ago, so will it be with USA (The Great Satan).
Jesus came as "Bread from Heaven" saying that his Father had anointed him to be Messiah. He was viewed as a criminal by the authorities and was interrogated in their sham trials, while the mob yelled for his crucifixion. This happened even though Jesus did not commit any crimes.
Michael Travesser has appeared as "The True Husband" saying that his Father had anointed him to be the Messiah. The media and the mob are now having their sham trial whereby Michael is presented as a criminal, though no crime has been committed. When the dust settles, and after the U.S. has been destroyed by their own rebellion to the Supreme Judge, every knee will bow and acknowledge that Michael was indeed "The Son of God".
Jesus didn't go off by himself, build a retreat and invite only those who shared his beliefs. And he certainly didn't marry off young women to older men. He preached his message to the entire world and didn't hide away from the authorities. Be careful who you put your faith in. Last time I checked the Bible, he'll be coming in such a fashion that no one will doubt who he is!

Since: Apr 08

Montgomery, AL

#10 May 1, 2008
Grandma42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't go off by himself, build a retreat and invite only those who shared his beliefs. And he certainly didn't marry off young women to older men. He preached his message to the entire world and didn't hide away from the authorities. Be careful who you put your faith in. Last time I checked the Bible, he'll be coming in such a fashion that no one will doubt who he is!
That's what I've been saying, among other things, in the other postings. This guy has almost nothing in common with the Christ of the New Testament and yet people follow him. Like they don't read the scriptures or something.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#11 May 2, 2008
Aequus wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I've been saying, among other things, in the other postings. This guy has almost nothing in common with the Christ of the New Testament and yet people follow him. Like they don't read the scriptures or something.
I don't read the scriptures either...not since I grew up and realized they were written by men..many just like this nut job...however..I know God didn't write any of the stories in the bible...But I know he's there..and I know wayne brent isn't him.
Elisha

Eugene, OR

#12 May 3, 2008
"Truly, I thought KOB and the like made you people up for ratings..."

To Kathleen - Yes, KOB did made up this story. Then the mob twists it to the point where it can no longer be brought to resemble reality. This was the very reason Jesus was killed 2000 years ago. He was made into something that He wasn't. History repeats itself and men learn nothing from their mistakes.
Elisha

Eugene, OR

#13 May 3, 2008
Grandma42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't go off by himself, build a retreat and invite only those who shared his beliefs. And he certainly didn't marry off young women to older men. He preached his message to the entire world and didn't hide away from the authorities. Be careful who you put your faith in. Last time I checked the Bible, he'll be coming in such a fashion that no one will doubt who he is!
You haven't read the Bible very much have you? Jesus most certainly did go off alone into the wilderness many times. And very often with his disciples as his only companions. Yes there were times that the people followed him but he avoided the crowds as much as possible. The night that the disciples were nearly drowned on the lake was one instance where Jesus took his disciples away from the crowds to cross over to the other side to be alone. He could have been called a recluse in some instances.

And He most certainly did not preach to the "entire world" either. His travels were largely confined to a few towns in Israel. Later His disciples went to the entire world. But Russia, China, the America's, Europe, Africa knew NOTHING about Him until much later. Sorry you struck out there too.

And in regards to Him coming in such a way that no one will doubt who He is, this is exactly what is happening now. Remember in the scriptures that MANY will run for the rocks, caves and dens of the earth? Well that is what is happening now. The huge vast majority are hiding behind their fabrications and imaginations rather than truly "look and see" for themselves.

God told Moses to erect a snake on a pole in order to be healed of the bite of the snake. It is like God wants people to examine themselves and see the snake within themselves in order to be healed. Michael is putting the sexual snake that hides openly within the world right in front of everyones faces. It is not pretty when one has to see their own vile sexual corruption for what it is. God wants people to be united to Him not their own perversions. Jesus was a symbol of death to self. Michael is a symbol of marriage to God. It is simple.
Beware

AOL

#14 May 3, 2008
People in law enforcement circles in this state have a tendency to make stuff up as they go along in order to be able to act as they want to.

The most recent blatant example was when APD called out a SWAT Unit in 1999 in what was A DRY RUN (meaning a NON-EVENT) in order to force a family out of their home and PLANT A MICROPHONE THERE!

I know of cases of people about whom they circulated false rumors such as the guy was in the Witness Protection Program, etc., and even contacted the Veterans Administration and the guys mortgage company and said, IN WRITING, that the guy had committed fraud in applying for and receiving his veterans benefits and loan application. The guy is still in his home and receiving veterans benefits.
The officer involved has been on the front page of the Albuquerque Journal and Tribune for several felonies (and is one of the cases D.A. Brandenburg seems to have so much trouble getting around to prosecuting).

Finally, there's the Police Intelligence Unit Case (Riggs et al vs. City of Albuquerque et al, CIV 88-1141SG, US District Court for the District of New Mexico- SETTLED BY THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE IN 1995). 59.4% of the people whom APD conducted campaigns of "dirty tricks", intimidation, surveillance, spying, etc., on were NON -CRIMINALS whom APD considered its enemies. These were members of the ACLU, NAACP, NM Lawyers Guild, Community Activists, etc. Joe Polisar was head of the Albuquerque P.D. Intelligence Unit, and Mayor Martin J. Chavez appointed Polisar head of Albuquerque P.D. in July 1994 (till 1997). Polisar was also a DEFENDANT in the Van Bering Robinson v. Maruffi, Polisar et al, case (CIV 84-1216M, US District Court, 13 January 1986, Memorandum Opinion and Order). The Albuquerque P.D., and Joe Polisar were found GUILTY of framing Robinson, an African-American for murder! Don't be so quick to believe stuff these people feed you. They have a tremendous problem telling the truth.

www.realcrimes.com

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#15 May 3, 2008
Elisha wrote:
As it was with Jesus, so it is with Michael Travesser. As happened to Jerusalem 2000 years ago, so will it be with USA (The Great Satan).
Jesus came as "Bread from Heaven" saying that his Father had anointed him to be Messiah. He was viewed as a criminal by the authorities and was interrogated in their sham trials, while the mob yelled for his crucifixion. This happened even though Jesus did not commit any crimes.
Michael Travesser has appeared as "The True Husband" saying that his Father had anointed him to be the Messiah. The media and the mob are now having their sham trial whereby Michael is presented as a criminal, though no crime has been committed. When the dust settles, and after the U.S. has been destroyed by their own rebellion to the Supreme Judge, every knee will bow and acknowledge that Michael was indeed "The Son of God".
Michael Travesser is a fraud, and I just hope he does not offer you all cyanide-laced Kool-Aid to facilitate your salvation and redemption.

“Children Are Our Future”

Since: Apr 08

Four Corners Area, New Mexico

#16 May 3, 2008
Elisha, you misread or did not comprehend what I stated earlier. Certainly Jesus went alone to meditate but he didn't go off, build a retreat, AND then invite only his cronies to hang out with him. You're right - he himself did not go all over the planet, but he did send his disciples telling them to do it in his name, so to me, he did preach his message to the entire world. The disciples did not branch out on the own and preach their own version. And check out Revelations 1:7 -(paraphrasing here) He is coming on the clouds! EVERYONE will see him.
jim E

Mcnary, AZ

#17 May 3, 2008
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Travesser is a fraud, and I just hope he does not offer you all cyanide-laced Kool-Aid to facilitate your salvation and redemption.
No kidding? man I thought Jesus arrived lmao!!!
Elisha

Eugene, OR

#18 May 3, 2008
Grandma42 wrote:
Elisha...Certainly Jesus went alone to meditate but he didn't go off, build a retreat, AND then invite only his cronies to hang out with him... And check out Revelations 1:7 -(paraphrasing here) He is coming on the clouds! EVERYONE will see him.
To Grandma - Everyone in the entire earth had been invited to the "Marriage of the Lamb" the great "Wedding Feast", but only those with eyes to see and ears to hear responded to the call. All others, as yourself, are left to be fed spiritual food by Satan through the means of the media and your lying, conniving pastors.

Regarding your reference to Revelation 1:7. Yes, Messiah came in the clouds (of witnesses) and every eye that sees Him, sees Him. You certainly have, but have chosen to follow darkness rather than walking in the Light.
jim E

Mcnary, AZ

#19 May 3, 2008
Elisha wrote:
<quoted text>
To Grandma - Everyone in the entire earth had been invited to the "Marriage of the Lamb" the great "Wedding Feast", but only those with eyes to see and ears to hear responded to the call. All others, as yourself, are left to be fed spiritual food by Satan through the means of the media and your lying, conniving pastors.
Regarding your reference to Revelation 1:7. Yes, Messiah came in the clouds (of witnesses) and every eye that sees Him, sees Him. You certainly have, but have chosen to follow darkness rather than walking in the Light.
I have news for you honey, when you close your eyes for good it's all over, if you think gold paved roads and angels with wings are waiting for you, your are living in a world of delusion. It is mind boggling how brainwashed some of you are, just MIND BOGGLING lol ugh

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#20 May 3, 2008
jim E wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news for you honey, when you close your eyes for good it's all over, if you think gold paved roads and angels with wings are waiting for you, your are living in a world of delusion. It is mind boggling how brainwashed some of you are, just MIND BOGGLING lol ugh
Jim, you are a very persuasive atheist. Look at all the ignorance and human suffering that religion has brought the world. Remember Galileo, the guy who wrote a controversial paper that said the Earth rotated around the Sun, rather than vice versa? The church almost burned him at the stake for writing such heresy. Instead, he retracted his paper and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. Today, we have Intelligent Design and Creation Science, both of which are religious myths disguised as science. How many wars have been, are now being, fought in the name of one God or another?
jim E

Mcnary, AZ

#21 May 3, 2008
Its undeniable that at many points in history religion was "used" to control the masses. I am not saying that religions such as christianity were designed from the ground up with controlling the masses in mind. I am saying that it is a usefull tool in doing so.

No .....going on crusades and killing people is not in line with the teachings of god, but people did go on killing sprees and they used the bible to justify it. People fell in line or they got killed to death.

The bible cannot teach me anything that I dont already know, or have formed my own opinion on. IMO religion is a framework that someone can use to live their life. An extreme example are some of the people who used to be my friends..these people used to party harder than anyone else in our group. Getting drunk and stoned EVERY night. their lives fell to ***** an done day they foudn god. Going to church and hanging out with christians gave them structure, a set of rules and a support system to help stick to that framework. It worked for them. it kept them in line. Couldnt really be friends with them anymore....they were just too je sussy.....the last thing I want it some person telling me why I need to go to chuch!!!

I on the other hand know how to conduct my life, how to live. I dont need a book to tell me how to live. You would be astounded how many people actually would fly off the rails if they didnt have the church to keep them in line. This is one of the ways in which that religion is the opiate for the masses.

When christians try and convert you, they often ask whether you dont feel there is somehting missing frmo your life, whether you dont feel that there should be somethign more.....the answer is a resounding NO. IMO most people belong to a church because their parents did and they were raised in that house. However, people stay because the chuch gives them a feeling tha there is something greater. I dont need this to make sense of my life.
jim E

Mcnary, AZ

#22 May 3, 2008
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim, you are a very persuasive atheist. Look at all the ignorance and human suffering that religion has brought the world. Remember Galileo, the guy who wrote a controversial paper that said the Earth rotated around the Sun, rather than vice versa? The church almost burned him at the stake for writing such heresy. Instead, he retracted his paper and spent the rest of his life under house arrest. Today, we have Intelligent Design and Creation Science, both of which are religious myths disguised as science. How many wars have been, are now being, fought in the name of one God or another?
Lobo I just never got it, I went to church when I was a kid, I tried everything, even got "Saved" when I was a kid, it just never made any sense to me. I have no problem with people being religious, hey if it gives them something to live for, more power to them. I am a touchy feely guy, I don't have faith in man and in the books he writes. You or me or anyone else here has no clue to what happens to us when it is all over, some here will try and convince you they know, but they don't, and I sure don't, and I am man enough to admit it. But to sit and live my life and going along with this cracked up fantasy of going to gold paved roads and dangling angels just cracks me up. One thing I agree with Obama is people use religion out of desperation, if religion is the only thing they can cling to, to make their life better, hey more power to them. Until this guy touches my on the shoulder and saids....... hey Jim E I am here, read the bible and obey my laws and I will give you eternity in a better place, only then will I jump on the bandwagon, but to go along with these brainwashed freaks riding around on ten speeds and ties would just be insane for me lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albuquerque police identify remains (Feb '09) Nov 18 Concernedcitizen714 121
News Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anth... Nov 16 Farts Rules 5
News Ex-IRS employee in Albuquerque gets prison term... Nov 8 nope 2
News Lawmaker proposes bill allowing online testimon... Nov 6 juniper 1
News Study maps crime trends in Albuquerque Nov 4 The truth 2
News Sun sets on the Bella Vista (May '08) Oct 26 C7Yellow 100
News Alleged ringleader nabbed on burglary, sex charges (Apr '09) Oct 24 LuzAranda 108
More from around the web