Major Austin Drug Bust

Full story: KAAL TV - Minnesota

Ten people now face charges following a drug sting operation in Austin. The arrests could be another sign that a long-time "drug of choice" is making a comeback.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Doe420

Rochester, MN

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Legalize Marijuana! many signs in and around austin are to come soon.
jane Doe

Waltham, MN

#2 Jul 29, 2008
I second that just legalize Marijuana!

Cannon Falls, MN

#3 Jul 29, 2008
That whole sting is bogus. What a bunch of
al_dad

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2008
Grow up!! Drugs are illegal for a reason. I'm sure none of you have kids or get off your butt for anything besides a munchie run...GREAT JOB ON THE STING!!!!!
Matt

Owatonna, MN

#5 Jul 30, 2008
Why do you fools need drugs? Legalized or not, it's just stupid that you feel you need drugs to make it through the day.
Sam

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2008
I agree.... legalize Marijuana, it is a waste of taxpayer money to arrest, etc. people for possession of it and NO, I DO NOT DO DRUGS.
scott

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2008
parade the fools downtown like the idiots they are ! way to go owner of george's in geneva what a fool!
Angry Taxpayer

Austin, MN

#8 Jul 31, 2008
The money wasted stalking, arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating non-violent pot users is racking up to billions of taxpayer dollars annually, not to mention a scare tactic used to further erode civil rights. If pot was legalized, regulated and taxed like alcohol and tobacco, the money saved as well as the generated tax revenue would more then fund universal health care without any other increase in taxes. But no, we have a bunch of brain-washed do-gooders who believe and perpetuate the myth that pot is as harmful as meth and heroin. Until the government and these people actually tell the public the truth we will continue to waste billions annually, money coming out of my paycheck that could be better spent. Now, instead of attacking the message the idiots will now attack the messenger because that's the way these morons operate.
anonymous

Rochester, MN

#9 Aug 3, 2008
It's not only marijuana it's cocaine. I'm happy Howe was caught finally, he always believed he was above the law just for being a bail bondsman. It's sad that his kids have to deal with their father doing this though. I wonder how he would like it if people were selling it to them.
JUst GOt out

United States

#10 Aug 7, 2008
Forget all that the point is that they may have been selling it and may not have been using did any of them get drug tested and did any of them test positive its wrong of you all to think that just because someone sells it means that they do it not to say that im proud of it but i know some of these people personally and no i dont do drugs in fact i am a person who fights for our country i think that if they werent hurting anyone or stealing **** to make it a habbit they should be left alone. you cant stop the world from turning you can only roll with it. Gods speed.
The Judge

Owatonna, MN

#11 Aug 7, 2008
This story best getting the fact's right," THE WORD ON THE STREET " up here, The Steak House is involved.
Dolly

Clive, IA

#12 Aug 7, 2008
If someone you love was arrested for drugs. Would you throw them in jail?

Or would you try and help them?

Does this drug war that never ends, really make sense to you?

Alcahol and cigs are the biggest killers and they are both legal. How can anyone defend this situation?????
James

Owatonna, MN

#13 Aug 8, 2008
I'm with you, We have better things to spend our time and money on. Educating our children, healthcare, roads, and arresting people for violent crimes that would protect the people from them. Thats what the police are supposed to be doing, Protecting and serving, What a WASTE!
Angry Taxpayer wrote:
The money wasted stalking, arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating non-violent pot users is racking up to billions of taxpayer dollars annually, not to mention a scare tactic used to further erode civil rights. If pot was legalized, regulated and taxed like alcohol and tobacco, the money saved as well as the generated tax revenue would more then fund universal health care without any other increase in taxes. But no, we have a bunch of brain-washed do-gooders who believe and perpetuate the myth that pot is as harmful as meth and heroin. Until the government and these people actually tell the public the truth we will continue to waste billions annually, money coming out of my paycheck that could be better spent. Now, instead of attacking the message the idiots will now attack the messenger because that's the way these morons operate.
Just curious

Rochester, MN

#14 Aug 11, 2008
At the rate the smoking bans are going into effect, even if you did some how get it passed, where do you think you'll smoke it? And, sincd marijuana does impair your motor skills (you know it does, don't argue it) are the police going to do blood tests and come up with a legal driving limit? I'm honestly just curious, I really don't think you'd be much happier with it legalized b/c of all the restrictions that would be placed on it.
And no, I don't smoke anything. I just wonder how many people have truly thought it through and what your plan would be.
Dolly

Clive, IA

#15 Aug 13, 2008
Since there is no testing for it even being illegal. Why would any test be needed if it WAS legal?

MJ isn't like alcahol, where if you drink enough you black out and don't know what your doing. or anything of the sort. Marijuan is also pretty much impossible to overdose on as well.

Here's what we have accomplished making MJ illegal.

America's alcohol prohibition lasted 13 years, filled the country's prisons, inspired contempt for the law among millions, bred corruption and produced Al Capone. What it did not do was keep Americans from drinking. America's marijuana prohibition drew into its 72nd year this month. It has created a huge underground industry catering to users, helped the U.S. prison population balloon into the world's largest, and diverted the resources of American law enforcement. What it has not done is keep Americans from using marijuana.
Dolly

Clive, IA

#16 Aug 13, 2008
After 72 years of failure, and the high cost of filling our prisons with pot and drug offenders. To the point where we let killers and rapists out early to make room for the drug addicts.

Doesnt it make sense to you, to try something different?

And I'll give you a clue more prisons are NOT the answer!
White guy

Annandale, MN

#17 Aug 19, 2008
Man, i can't believe we're still chasing down Marijuana users. So ridiculous! If we're going to continue harassing Marijuana smokers, we NEED to be consistent! Shut down the liquor stores & pharmacy's....put the owners in Federal Prison! Some consistency, PLEASE!!
Whatkindofasocie ty

Menomonie, WI

#18 Oct 3, 2008
For those of you who say, just legalize drugs. I have this to ask, "What kind of a society are we going to leave to the children who have not been born yet?" If a person cannot be responsible enough to take care of their own body by not poisoning it with drugs, how can those same people be able to take care of children in a responsible manner. OK, go ahead and take your drugs, but please have your vasectomy or tubes tied before you do! Do you realize what kind of babies are born to drug users? Do you realize the drain it is on our medical and school systems? Do you realize what kind of abuse happens in those homes that have drugs being used? Maybe there are a very few who are able to handle smoking pot in the privacy of their own homes responsibly; but more often than not, it causes a ripple affect that spreads throughout society and affects all of us adversely.

Way to go Austin police on a job well done, keep up the good work! You are heroes to the children and to me!
senior 09

Brownton, MN

#19 Oct 4, 2008
umm i go to school with one of his kids and im pretty sure they do he probably was buying for his kids
anonymous wrote:
It's not only marijuana it's cocaine. I'm happy Howe was caught finally, he always believed he was above the law just for being a bail bondsman. It's sad that his kids have to deal with their father doing this though. I wonder how he would like it if people were selling it to them.
Jessica age 20

Austin, MN

#20 Oct 6, 2008
I am absolutely against all drugs, and I am so sick of always hearing about them, I just wish people would stop being retarded, and stay sober, it is not that hard. Life is so much better without them. I hope they never legalize any drugs, and if they do that will be a very sad and dissappointing day for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

KAAL TV - Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$16.5M Hot Lotto Prize Still Unclaimed in Iowa (Nov '11) Aug 18 Roy Veach 16
Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) Jun '14 M3 Contruction M... 114
Dodge County Man Facing Criminal Sexual Conduct... (Sep '13) Jun '14 johnny fridley 2
Pulmonary Hypertension (Jul '10) Jun '14 Ronnie 17
Beau Zabel Murder Investigation Update (Jun '08) Jun '14 Steve and Mary 9
Jeff Johnson Gets GOP Endorsement for MN Governor Jun '14 Alan Stuart Franken 6
April Sorenson Murder Case Still Unsolved (May '09) Apr '14 pepee 15
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••