Fatal Crash on I-90

Full story: KAAL TV - Minnesota

A car crash on Interstate 90 kills one and injuries another. It happened shortly after 1:00 this afternoon just west of Highway 52.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2009
Rob B

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 20, 2008

I was heading home to wisconsin when i saw this accident and I would just like to say my sympathy goes out to everyone involved, and may God be with you. Does anyone know who was the driver?
JR McDuffie

Kennebunk, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 21, 2008

Rob B wrote:
I was heading home to wisconsin when i saw this accident and I would just like to say my sympathy goes out to everyone involved, and may God be with you. Does anyone know who was the driver?
I do not know the driver personally. I did know the woman who was killed. As I understand it, the man driving had been drinking and is in custody.
The woman had two kids. I had known her for about the past 2 years. She was a very nice gal, always very pleasant to deal with. I was shocked to hear of this accident. I hope her kids will make it through this OK, and if it is true about the driver being under the influence, I hope that he is held accountable.
Brother in law to Kim

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 24, 2008

JR McDuffie wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know the driver personally. I did know the woman who was killed. As I understand it, the man driving had been drinking and is in custody.
The woman had two kids. I had known her for about the past 2 years. She was a very nice gal, always very pleasant to deal with. I was shocked to hear of this accident. I hope her kids will make it through this OK, and if it is true about the driver being under the influence, I hope that he is held accountable.
07/20/2008 - NEW YORK WOMAN KILLED IN INTERSTATE 90 ROLLOVER

David Stoeger - KROC News
A New York woman was killed in a one vehicle rollover Sunday afternoon that closed the westbound lanes of Interstate 90 from Highway 52 to Highway 63 for about five hours. The State Patrol reports a vehicle operated by 41 year old Nelson Dion Jr. of Acton, Maine was westbound on Interstate 90 near Highway 52 when the vehicle rolled. A passenger in the vehicle, 42 year old Kimberly Glover of Dalton, New York was killed in the accident. Dion was taken to St Maryís Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Alcohol was detected in his system after the accident. The Olmsted County Sheriffs Department assisted at the scene.
Brother in law to Kim

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Jul 26, 2008

7/24/2008 7:30:02 PM
Comments (0)
By Janice Gregorson

Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

"Tell the cops my girlfriend was driving," a witness said the driver told him as he helped him out of a pickup truck after it rolled Sunday afternoon.

His girlfriend, Kimberly G. Glover, 42, of Dalton, N.Y., was pronounced dead at the scene. Now, Nelson Jean Dion, 41, of Acteon, Maine, is charged with two felony counts of criminal vehicular homicide. A warrant has been issued for him because he is a resident of Maine and was allegedly fleeing from criminal prosecution in Maine at the time of the accident, the complaint says. He also was injured in the accident and transported to Saint Marys Hospital, where he remains in fair condition.

The charges stem from a crash early Sunday afternoon on Interstate 90 near U.S. 52, southeast of Rochester.

Authorities were called at about 1 p.m. to investigate the single-vehicle rollover. When officers arrived, the pickup was blocking two lanes of the highway.

A witness pointed out the male driver standing by the side of the road and told officers there was a deceased female inside the vehicle. Officers saw open alcohol containers at the scene, the complaint says. Dion told officers that he had swerved to avoid a deer, and the pickup rolled. The odor of alcohol was coming from Dion's breath, the complaint says.

Witnesses told investigating officers that the pickup had been traveling about 90 mph, that it drifted onto the left shoulder and partially into the ditch, then came back onto the highway and drifted back onto the left shoulder before going into the median ditch. The pickup went sideways in the ditch, then rolled when it came back onto the pavement.

A witness went to the pickup and saw the male seatbelted in the driver's seat. The witness helped the driver out of the pickup and took him to the side of the road. The witness said Dion repeatedly said, "Tell the cops my girlfriend was driving."

The witness said there were no deer on the road.

Another witness reported seeing the driver at the Marion rest area and said he appeared intoxicated.

One of the charges against Dion alleges he caused Glover's death by driving a vehicle in a grossly negligent manner. The second count alleges he caused her death by operating a motor vehicle in a negligent manner while under the influence of alcohol.

He also likes to play with guns and threaten to kill himself if she left him to go back to her family. Nice guy isnít he.
cousin of Kim

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Aug 17, 2008

I would just like to say the ANYONE who just killed someone, and the first thing they can think of is blaming the deceased person, is a selfish, inconsiderate jerk, that deserves to sit his butt in jail for a very long time! I realize that everyone makes mistakes, but I have NEVER heard of ANYONE that within seconds of causing someones death, is more concerned about keeping himself out of trouble, than maybe trying to perform CPR....yah...I would say this guy is a piece of work!!!! Thanks for your hospitality buddy!!!
White guy

Annandale, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Aug 19, 2008

We're all gonna go sometime, so quit trippin
cousin of Kim

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Aug 19, 2008

Excuse me???? Don't dare tell me to "quite trippin"....who do you think you are??? There are 2 kids that don't have a mother due to this, parents that don't have their daughter, and etc!! You may not care, but there are many, many that do, so if you don't like what I post fine, but don't disrespect a dead woman, and/or her family by saying such aweful statements! There is good reason why people are so upset over this...how would you feel if it were someone in your family jerk? You are entitled to your opinion, but you have a lot of nerve posting such a heartless, inconsiderate message! People like you never cease to amaze me...are you a relative of the man that caused this, or are you him???...kind of sounds like this is coming from the man who was too involved telling people to blame on the dead woman in his truck, rather than himself....
Family member

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Oct 6, 2008

All should know that Kim left many people behind who thought very highly of her. The person responsible should be held accountable X2 once for each child she left behind! They are the ones who will suffer long after--no Grandmother for their kids, no Mom to pick a prom dress, a wedding dress, no Mom to meet the first girlfriend or boyfriend...it makes a difference!
sister of Kim

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Oct 17, 2008

Thank you for sticking up for my sister , cousin from ME... I would like you all to know that the driver has been bailed out and is now roaming free as if he never did anything. Nice. We all need to pray very hard for true justice in this case.
cousin Weatherford Tx

Perrin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Dec 7, 2008

kim was,is and always will be a wonderful wife, mother, daughter, sister, grandaughter, cousin, etc. she would give u the shirt off her back. she will be greatly missed forever. god bless her husband and 2 wonderful kids. To my aunt and uncle and kims brother and sisters, ya'll are always in my thoughts and prayers, love you guys. and to the parents of nelson jean dion, u ought to be ashamed of yourselfs for trying to buy ur sons way out. how would u feel if nelson had been the one killed in the accident would u want the drunk driver held responsible or for the family to buy the drunk driver out of trouble. i think you would want that drunk driver to get what they deserve which is life with out parole or the death sentence. but in the end i do feel god will give nelson what he deserves. may kim rest in peace. love you kim.
love you aunt, unlce, cousins and family members. may god bless u all.
Nelsons cousin

Dover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Jan 2, 2009

Nelson has had a history of negligent behavior from the start. He has been spoiled rotten, and is a manipulator. Unfortunately, his parents and sisters will suffer because of him. They are all great folks.
My heart goes out to Kim's kids and family. Unfortunately, she fell under his spell and this cost her dearly. I hope he gets what he deserves, but this will never be enough to offset the damage he has caused.
A HeartSick Friend

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Jan 26, 2009

I just learned of this yesterday. I lost contact with Kim a few years ago but thought of her often. It was a result of a nagging feeling to find her when I found out she had been in a fatal accident. My heart is sadden for the family. I pray that you all find a sense of comfort in knowing that Kim was loved by so many. She definately impacted my life for the better!
How dare anyone EVER blame her! She had the kindest, warmest soul. She loved her family! I hope that justice is served!!
cousin Weatherford Tx

Perrin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Feb 13, 2009

Does anyone know what happened to the guy that killed my neice. Such a beautiful sweet girl who is terribly missed. I hope justice is served and he gets what he should have gotten a long time ago before this happened.All my love and prayers go out to My sister, Donna,brother-in-law Jim Kim's beautiful sister's and my neices Peggy, and Margie, and brother J.J. GOD BE WITH YOU ALL let justice be served so Kim can rest in peace.
Aunt Margie

Perrin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Sep 12, 2009

He is doing his time, he deserved more but GOD willing he will never forget what he has done to such a wonderful person and her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent KAAL TV - Minnesota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$16.5M Hot Lotto Prize Still Unclaimed in Iowa (Nov '11) Aug 18 Roy Veach 16
Thousands Join Shingle Lawsuit (Aug '08) Jun '14 M3 Contruction M... 114
Dodge County Man Facing Criminal Sexual Conduct... (Sep '13) Jun '14 johnny fridley 2
Pulmonary Hypertension (Jul '10) Jun '14 Ronnie 17
Beau Zabel Murder Investigation Update (Jun '08) Jun '14 Steve and Mary 9
Jeff Johnson Gets GOP Endorsement for MN Governor Jun '14 Alan Stuart Franken 6
April Sorenson Murder Case Still Unsolved (May '09) Apr '14 pepee 15

Search the KAAL TV - Minnesota Forum:

Austin Conditions

(updated 34 min ago)

Weather
Cloudy 77°F
Feels like: 81°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »