Pastor opposing airport's sinks for M...

Pastor opposing airport's sinks for Muslims

There are 862 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 21, 2007, titled Pastor opposing airport's sinks for Muslims. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Baptist pastor who lost a son in Iraq objects to the placement of special sinks that would aid Muslims at the Indianapolis airport in preparing for prayer because he opposes "the fraternization with our open ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 44
Next Last
mediagiant

Columbus, IN

#1 Sep 21, 2007
This is a tricky legal problem...I don't have anything specifically against Muslims, but I don't want my tax dollars going for this either.

They should raise private funds to make this happen. There is a very large, prominent mosque a couple of miles away from the new airport.
Michael

Bloomington, IN

#2 Sep 21, 2007
Muslims are not our enemies. Fundamentalists are the problem, be they Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, whatever.
Big Guy

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2007
This is pathetic, naked hatred. I feel for his loss, but that does not excuse what is blatantly un-Christian behavior.
Anna

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Sep 21, 2007
Rev. Hillenburg - please use your pulpit to promote unity and peace, not to further escalate the chasms of hatred.
ankle biter

Loveland, OH

#5 Sep 21, 2007
If the Muslim cab drivers won't take certain passengers or won't take passengers who carry alcohol or other items the drivers don't like, then special sinks should not be installed. Would the ACLU or the Muslims be this silent if the airport authority installed a Christmas tree or a Manger display? Either everyone gets special privileges or no one gets the extra privileges.
MIKE RAFFONE

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2007
Amen, brother!!
This is a First

Carmel, IN

#7 Sep 21, 2007
"We also oppose the fraternization with our open enemies during a time of war,"
I didn't know we were waging a war on Islam. So I guess we are fighting all muslims around the world? This pastor is ignorant.
I don't want feet anywhere near my sink so whether it is bottled water or new sinks it is better than what they are doing currently.
xyz

Newport, KY

#8 Sep 21, 2007
If the airport authority installed something for the Baptist Church, the ACLU would be all over it like flies on garbage. Funny how they're silent when it comes to preferential treatment for Muslims.
Cleavland Steamers

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Sep 21, 2007
A Men!!!!
homer

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 21, 2007
Amen, why do this for our enemies who want to kill or subject us to their crazy religion, not really a religion but a fanatical terrorist movement out to destroy the world.
nacholibre

Reston, VA

#11 Sep 21, 2007
Go Jerry!
If they can't put up a Christmas tree at the airport for an actual God, then why special sinks for a false god?
wuh

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Sep 21, 2007
This is ridiculous. We have turned in to a bunch of PC weenies that are giving this country away.
JJJ

Duncan, OK

#13 Sep 21, 2007
So apparently every muslim is our enemy now? I hate ignorance!
stinky feet

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 21, 2007
I wasn't aware we were at war with a religion??? But I suppose that is the way some people see it...which is very sad.
Eric D

Plainfield, IN

#15 Sep 21, 2007
Why is it that the order the Christmas decorations and trees removed and then turn around and talk about adding these things?
Common Sense

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Sep 21, 2007
I bet if there some type of terrorist incident at the Indy Airport they would use those sinks.
Joe American

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Sep 21, 2007
Around here we would call a floor sink a urinal.
Puzzled

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Sep 21, 2007
Dear Reverend, I am truly sorry for the loss of your child. However, as a man of the cloth, you should set an example as to how to deal with your grief positively. Use your pulpit to heal, not hate. Use your energy to help others not hate others.
zionsville

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Sep 21, 2007
This guy professes to be a man of the cloth? Shame on him. He has my deepest sympathy with respect to the loss of his son, but our war is NOT with muslims. It is with terrorists.
Taxed to the Max

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Sep 21, 2007
Fine--let them install the sinks. But no one should utter a word of protest if Christmas trees, manger scenes, or menorahs go on display later this year. Those are just as important for non-muslims as the sinks are to muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Indianapolis Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Haunted Indianapolis: Jim Jones and the People'... (Oct '12) Thu Wondering wandering 10
News Council panel may hold coroner's pay (Mar '08) Thu Bystander 19
News Basketball hall to induct 3 with Indy ties (Nov '07) Jul 12 true 15
News Let it Out (May '07) Jul 8 Durr 283
News Washington football coach resigns (Dec '07) Jul 2 bitty 26
News Visteon cuts jobs as closing nears for Connersv... (Nov '07) Jul 1 THE newsjunkie 19
News Body of missing man found in car (Apr '07) Jun 21 Jess 156