Police log: Nothing found after bomb ...

Police log: Nothing found after bomb threat at school

There are 9 comments on the InYork story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Police log: Nothing found after bomb threat at school. In it, InYork reports that:

Dallastown Area School District's high school and middle school were briefly under lockdown Monday afternoon after the district received a bomb threat, according to school-district spokeswoman Lori Hartman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

the nerve

Etters, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2008
Geez, already?? School just started not long ago. Now get ready for the copycats who think this is funny. Whats up with kids these days??
dtown student

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
I'm not fimiliar with the district's emergency procedures, but common sense says if there is a bomb in the building get everyone out...of course we dont have the exact words of the threat so administration might have deemed to go into lockdown necessary, but it seems weird. At least we know the CODE RED LOCKDOWN procedures are effective and got everybody behind a locked door in minutes.
britt

Mechanicsburg, PA

#3 Sep 8, 2008
my school...8th period..not cool
dtown student

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2008
britt wrote:
my school...8th period..not cool
haha i was in math, where were you?
MADD Mom

Edgemont, PA

#6 Sep 9, 2008
I am so glad that my children are finally graduated and out of this school. This school district used to be a benchmark of quality education and integrity for the entire county, but sadly, no more.
laurie

Narberth, PA

#8 Sep 9, 2008
My daughetr attends Dallastown and we could not ask for a better school. This type of thing happens all over the place, It doesn't matter what District your in. Kids blab so the truth will eventually surface. I appreciate the staff and commend them on a job well done..

Laurie
Never Forget

West Chester, PA

#9 Sep 9, 2008
laurie wrote:
My daughetr attends Dallastown and we could not ask for a better school. This type of thing happens all over the place, It doesn't matter what District your in. Kids blab so the truth will eventually surface. I appreciate the staff and commend them on a job well done..
Laurie
So sad that you've accepted this 'blase' attitude. This type of thing should not "happen all over the place". Have you forgotten Columbine?? Step up to the plate Mom and demand more from your daughter's school district.
Joe Buckel

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Sep 9, 2008
here are the important things-the district implimented the emergency procedures immediatly, locking down the schools...and I mean complete lockdown. nobody went on to or left campus or the building at all. police got there in minutes. teachers followed procedures. they searched the building and was ready to evacuate at any second if there was even somthing that looked suspicious. but most of all, everyone got home safe. students, staff and police all went home that night. thats whats important.
I know, I was in the building when the principal came over the PA reading the lockdown instructions. I was behind locked doors shaking with the rest of dallastown praying everything would be ok. Dallastown made a press release and called parents within an hour of the all clear being given. Don't think of it as being a stupid kid trying to pull a prank...think of it as a test of dallastowns emergency procedures...and we passed with flying colors.
Amo

United States

#12 Feb 9, 2012
I do appreciate how concerned people are about this whole jumble, because if there were to be any sort of mischievous act planned in which would ruin our district, its better to be safe than sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

InYork Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westboro church argues funeral protest protecte... (Jul '10) Oct 9 anonz 39
News Delta man sentenced for kidnapping, rape (Aug '08) Oct 9 Debby Puckett 4
News Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) Oct 6 JackieF 97
News SE school district mulls buses parked at pig farm (Jul '09) Sep '17 Missy 559
News Man has been charged with environmental violati... (May '09) Sep '17 aol 174
News Woman charged with theft, forgery (Feb '08) Aug '17 F___u-ok 364
News SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) Aug '17 Well Well 119
More from around the web