York man killed in Clearfield County crash

Full story: InYork

A York man was killed in a crash early Sunday morning in Clearfield County, according to state police.
Comments
1 - 20 of 229 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Alicia

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

all great guys with such a tragic ending...my thoughts and prayers with lucas's friends and family...the world lost a great guy
miss l

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

2

so so sad. regrets to the family.

the driver joss king has a long record of reckless driving and has even served time. copy this site:

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ...

select participant name and county and see the amount of driving offenses that have occured. this was bound to happen. againg, so sad...
Always a friend

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

miss l wrote:
so so sad. regrets to the family.
the driver joss king has a long record of reckless driving and has even served time. copy this site:
http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ...
select participant name and county and see the amount of driving offenses that have occured. this was bound to happen. againg, so sad...
I knew there would be a few of you who would have blaten disregard for the given situation. Regardless of Joss' past he has never intentionally hurt a friend in any manner. If you actually knew the person you're pointing fingers at you'd know better. Why not pay your respects and keep your damn mouth shut! This isn't about what he has done in the past. It wasn't intentional. I'm sure he didn't wake up that morning thinking hey let's roll my truck today and mortally injure a friend and possibly two other or even by chance an on coming car that could have been traveling the opposite direction. YOU do not know him! Your words are bitter and ignorant and I'm sure your unkind words will catch up to you.
miss l

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

9

4

3

absolutely no disregard for the situation. it is tragic at best. these are the facts and in reality, it is not that far in the past. the last offense occured several months ago. the record is several pages long. most of us have a ticket or so, not 5+ pages of offenses. i am certain he did not set out to intentionally harm a friend, but, with the given driving record, it was just a matter of time. shame on penndot for not preventing this and shame on him for not being a responsible driver. this family has to pay for this for a lifetime.
National Safety Council

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

It is never a good idea to wear seat belts or cycle helmets!
Robert Clayton Ross

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

5

1

You will be missed Lucas, none of us will ever forget that night, I will be waiting for the day when we speak again, in that place for us in the sky brother, you were loved by all, and will be forgotten by none......Nothing in the world will take the pain I feel for you and your family away, only time can take care of us, love you my friend...
Local

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2010
 
Sad to see this stuff. Was alcohol involved? YDR says early morning crash, but the Progress from Clearfield said 1pm. Maybe they made a mistake and it was 1am?
Robert Clayton Ross

Mill Hall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

no alcohol was involved Local, Joss was totally sober, I will give you the real story tomorrow after I try and get some rest after seeing this tragic accident happen right in front of my eyes. It haunts me.
A friend of a friend

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

3

miss L, you obviously are an individual who enjoys kicking some one when they are down. Get some class and realize some things do not need to be said. You just look like an a-hole. Some opinions should be kept to ones self during sensitive times. Couldn't wait a few days, maybe a few weeks before making a jab at some one could ya? Everyone has a past and everyone makes mistakes. You really have no respect for the families and guys involved. Do you honestly think your that much better than Joss and that gives you the right to cyber stalk some one and post up their business? Get a life dude. Are you bitter due to the fact that you didn't get a call back from a one night stand and this was your only way to feel better? Go kick a kitten you sick bitch.
Obvious

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 14, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

There are family & friends of that man in mourning,please have respect for them.No one knows what happened that night other then the few that were present & those they have personally spoken to,dont make assumptions on what little information you gather by reading a newspaper article.Someone lost a life,have some respect.
Alicia

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

there is always one person who has to come on here and be a smart a**...regardless of this persons apparent need for attention, there are way more people that know what really happened, and really know Joss, Clay, Lucas and Bobby. So disregard the idiot trying to get attention and rather direct your comments to the tragic ending for one of, from what I can see, the most loved guys. No one needs to explain anything. RIP Lucas :(
No sympathy

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

miss l wrote:
absolutely no disregard for the situation. it is tragic at best. these are the facts and in reality, it is not that far in the past. the last offense occured several months ago. the record is several pages long. most of us have a ticket or so, not 5+ pages of offenses. i am certain he did not set out to intentionally harm a friend, but, with the given driving record, it was just a matter of time. shame on penndot for not preventing this and shame on him for not being a responsible driver. this family has to pay for this for a lifetime.
I see your intentions and I thank you. You provided a little background that YDR always seems to miss. I know you aren't trying to take undue jabs at anyone just trying to shed a little light. And I agree, if I am in any sort of transportation be it car, plane, boat etc., the drivers/pilots operating history is a BIG concern of mine. His friends and family are understandably upset that this happened, so don't take it too personally when they fail to accept that maybe this guy was just a careless driver. That being said, my best wishes for the deceased and his family.
RIP Luke

Newburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I believe that now is not the time to point fingers but to celebrate the life of Luke. He was a great guy and full of life! It doesn't matter what happened it was God's Choice for Luke to go and not ours. I am sure the situtation happened for the other guys to open their eyes and change their life in some way.
So let's celebrate the life of Luke and how he touched our lives in So many ways. He knew so many people and had so many friends. You will be missed! May you rest in peace!
Tiffany Rezendes

Harleysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

RIP Luke. You will be missed. I love you and you know that. Please look down on all of us and provide us with constant reminders of your presence. May God rest your soul and may you endure nothing but peace and happiness during your next journey. Much love baby, much love.
kNew him

Horsham, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

RIP Lucas. Prayers for the family
cynical realist

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

A friend of a friend wrote:
miss L, you obviously are an individual who enjoys kicking some one when they are down. Get some class and realize some things do not need to be said. You just look like an a-hole. Some opinions should be kept to ones self during sensitive times. Couldn't wait a few days, maybe a few weeks before making a jab at some one could ya? Everyone has a past and everyone makes mistakes. You really have no respect for the families and guys involved. Do you honestly think your that much better than Joss and that gives you the right to cyber stalk some one and post up their business? Get a life dude. Are you bitter due to the fact that you didn't get a call back from a one night stand and this was your only way to feel better? Go kick a kitten you sick bitch.
Wow, you must get really offended by facts. Miss I had alot of valid points and info. And yes, this is the proper forum for discussing them.
miss l

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

7

2

1

i am going to assume that all of the negative comments about my posts are being made by people close to the driver. my posts were not intended to "kick him when he's down", but to point out facts that should be known. it is a horrible circumstance to be involved in, but, after you have been reprimanded for reckless driving, and he was several times, you would think you would be a more responsible driver. i was a passenger in a jeep with joss years ago and was scared to death. he was erratic. i thought to myself, someday he will kill someone, and years later, that is exactly what has happened. this is a public forum, not a private one for friends and family of those that are involved. i have my right to speak my mind. i am sorry if you disagree.
Sad but not surprising

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

miss l wrote:
i am going to assume that all of the negative comments about my posts are being made by people close to the driver. my posts were not intended to "kick him when he's down", but to point out facts that should be known. it is a horrible circumstance to be involved in, but, after you have been reprimanded for reckless driving, and he was several times, you would think you would be a more responsible driver. i was a passenger in a jeep with joss years ago and was scared to death. he was erratic. i thought to myself, someday he will kill someone, and years later, that is exactly what has happened. this is a public forum, not a private one for friends and family of those that are involved. i have my right to speak my mind. i am sorry if you disagree.
Agreed - and it would be interesting if there is investigation being done and toxicology being doing on both the man who lost his life and the driver. All of these young men are known for hard partying and more than likely the use of drug/alcohol wouldn't be surprising knowing who is involved...
WOW

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

6

3

1

I really wasn't going to comment, but after checking the records of Mr. King I was appalled. 46 seperate charges over the last roughly 10 years!!! How does this man still even possess a drivers license??

It's extremely sad that someone lost their life in this accident, but Mr. King needs to be off the road so this doesn't happen again. Ironic he was the only one wearing a seat belt, he knew just what he was getting his passengers into.

So sad. My heart goes out to Lucas's family.
Shakin My Head

Sunbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

miss l wrote:
i am going to assume that all of the negative comments about my posts are being made by people close to the driver. my posts were not intended to "kick him when he's down", but to point out facts that should be known. it is a horrible circumstance to be involved in, but, after you have been reprimanded for reckless driving, and he was several times, you would think you would be a more responsible driver. i was a passenger in a jeep with joss years ago and was scared to death. he was erratic. i thought to myself, someday he will kill someone, and years later, that is exactly what has happened. this is a public forum, not a private one for friends and family of those that are involved. i have my right to speak my mind. i am sorry if you disagree.
So are you happy that you can now say "I told you so." Point out facts that should be known to who? I'm sure that the police will do an investigation of the accident and if you can get "the facts" so readily then they can also get the facts. God waits until our final day to judge us, who do you think you are?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent InYork Discussions

Search the InYork Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover house featured on Animal Planet's 'Haun... (Oct '10) 9 hr Laura Adams 81
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) Jul 27 MrCracka 5,606
Ark. AG says schools can admit illegal immigrants (Sep '08) Jul 21 Juan 84
Springettsbury, school districts say tax money ... (Aug '09) Jul 17 Deb 55
Codorus State Park pool now open (May '11) Jul 15 BoJangles himself 35
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
New opener set for renovated Codorus State Park... (Jun '10) Jun '14 stephy 66
•••

York Conditions

(updated 15 min ago)

Weather
Mostly Clear 62°F
Feels like: 65°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »