Expert discounts Lankford's story

Expert discounts Lankford's story

There are 30 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 5, 2008, titled Expert discounts Lankford's story. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Physics and features of the truck make the account impossible, according to testimony By Nelson Daranciang ndaranciang@starbulletin.com The crash involving Masumi Watanabe and her dive to her death out of a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pali

United States

#1 Apr 5, 2008
Does this mean Lankford was less than honest after swearing to tell the truth?
**** La **** G

Sakai, Japan

#2 Apr 5, 2008
Lankford,your tower of lies startin to crumble.Stop the BS,save the STATE $$,come clean.Maybe the AG will bunk you with a BIG BLACK ROOSTER&pals for the rest of your sorry sack of ****!Have the FEDS.look into if any FED.Laws were broken(transport.across statelines,<burial at sea >hate crimes,...)If so try the LOSER in FED.court(since Hawaii no DEATH SENTENCE,FEDS.YES DEATH)Make LOSER cellmates with BIG,FAT LATINO ROOSTER
iole

San Diego, CA

#3 Apr 5, 2008
Too bad Japan couldn't get jurisdiction over Lankford. A confession would have been elicited and the gallows would be waiting and warming up.

Mahalo Ken Baker

Gomen Watanabe-san.
Football fan

Honolulu, HI

#4 Apr 5, 2008
"We the jury find the defendant Lankford GUILTY as charged."
Lone Wolf

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2008
If Lankford was not caught in his attempt to bury Masumi's body, he would have continued and escalated with more brutal sexual assaults and killing more women on Oahu. Garrans! Hawai'i is indebted to Masumi's sacrifice.
Honolulu

Ewa Beach, HI

#6 Apr 5, 2008
I'm convinced: GUILTY
SLHONO

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2008
This Lankford guy is lying! Give me a break, you bang somebody, she's not hurt, you tell her to get into your car to drive her home, then she jumps out?! Then you claim she dies from jumping out and instead of seeking help, you stuff her in your truck, continue your day, pick up your wife and son, go to "church" band practice and then dispose of her body! All because you didn't want to lose your job! Where is your commence sense? Where is your ethics, where is your compassion? He killed her! He thought he would get away with it! Thank Heavens that there were witnesses who saw him! Thank goodness for the thinking of the man who wrote down his license plate.
I hope he is haunted day and night by her and that one day you will get your just desserts!
This angers me and how dare you try to play it off! You jerk!
SLHONO

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2008
I agree!
Lone Wolf wrote:
If Lankford was not caught in his attempt to bury Masumi's body, he would have continued and escalated with more brutal sexual assaults and killing more women on Oahu. Garrans! Hawai'i is indebted to Masumi's sacrifice.
hot in the courtroom

Maunaloa, HI

#9 Apr 5, 2008
I think the defendant's pants is on fire!
Pocho

Ewa Beach, HI

#10 Apr 5, 2008
Lankford is wasting public monies with this trial. Electrocute the guy and be done with it. I can't see the State(tax payers) footing the bill for his incarceration.
Common sense

Honolulu, HI

#11 Apr 5, 2008
First of all, a apology goes out to the Watanabe family for having to go through a trial of lies.

Next, we have an attorney in Don Wilkerson, who takes a case like this for publicity purposes knowing that his client is 100% guilty. Now they start "dreaming" up a possible scenario in which an "accidental" murder could have taken place.

I am glad that the expert made some sense of these LIES by Lankford and Wilkerson. You don't have to be an expert to realize that if someone was hit by a car at 25-30 mph they would have some type of bodily damage. Also jumping out of a car at 35-40 mph is not easy while overcoming the wind and inertia. You would think that if Masumi would jump, it would be when the car was at a stoplight, stop sign, or while in traffic???

Lankford has already lied on the witness stand and he continues to LIE. This reminds me of the saying we all learned growing up - once you lie you have to continue to lie to cover up your previous lies.

Finally, the thing i am most **** off about is that we are wasting our taxpayer's money by going through this trial process. If Lankford was born and raised here in Hawai'i, he would admit his crime like a man and save his family the shame and the Watanabe's family the anguish of going through a trial like this.

Now that we are in the midst of this trial, I hope that Lankford is found guilty as charged and that the jury will see through this ongoing stream of "lies". May the Watanabe family put some kind of closure with a Kirk Lankford guilty verdict.
ainakoa

Aiea, HI

#12 Apr 5, 2008
He's a psycho hiding behind a facade of a gentle, soft spoken, Christian living man. A man who his family says could never hurt anyone. A man who led prayer groups. His own testimony revealed the true Kirk Lankford. Everything he testifies to is the opposite of what happened and the opposite of is motivations. "She walked into the truck, I made her get in to help her. She dove out of the truck and killed herself, I hid her body so I wouldn't lose my job. I was trying to find a peaceful spot for her to rest. I found the best available peaceful spot when I dumped her in the ocean." He was smart to not to say - after I released her body in the ocean, I said a prayer for her. That would really have the audience jumping over the railings. Kirk, your ego got he best of you. You really believed you could talk your way out of this. Preaching to a small Christian group is a lot different from testifying in Court. In your prayer group your were the leader, your words are not questioned. In Court, everything you say is open for scrutiny. The more you spoke the more you reveled your character, you cold blooded SOB.
I'd like to hear what you'll say at your sentencing. Still maintain your innocence or ask for forgiveness?
Kimo

Hilo, HI

#13 Apr 5, 2008
Lankford is "guilty" as charged.

By the way, his face looks like the Devil now.
Alan

Honolulu, HI

#14 Apr 5, 2008
All Lankford had to do is call 911
Accident or not his actions directly cause this young womens death. The act of trying to conceal what happened and continuously being caught in lie after lie does not help his case. As for his lawyer dont blame him. He is doing his job trying to mount the best defence possible. I am sure he also has been lied to on numerous issues and at every turn wishes he never took case. In our court system you cant just quit. You have to finnish what you started. Both of these men are lucky Hawaii does not have death penalty. i am sure wlkerson knows he has a loser case and happy he wont have had a client that got the death penalty. Lankford lucky he live Hawaii where we do not have death penalty....My prayers go to Masumi and her family
Chemical All

Waco, TX

#15 Apr 5, 2008
Lankford said, he did not want to loose his job. You love your job so much, do me a big favor Lankford, "drink couples of pest control bottles before you go to hell".
Lone Wolf

Hoolehua, HI

#16 Apr 5, 2008
Tracking Lankford's behavior from the moment he first set eyes on Masumi gets creepier and creepier.

Since vehicle accident re-constructionist, Ken Baker, has nullified and voided Lankford's story of hitting Masumi with his truck and she later jumping out, we now know he concocted 2 alibi plans by the time he returned back to his work place at 6 p.m., April 12, 2007.

Plan #1. If confronted about knowing anything about Masumi, a Japanese visitor, he would deny and deny. If plan #1 fails, execute plan #2.

Plan #2. The abduction and killing of Masumi was just an accident story. Troubling, is the intentional cracking of his truck's windshield with his blue metal hammer that he kept in his bait box, causing a quarter coin sized impact. This action reveals the extent of how much his mind was at work on getting away with Masumi's murder.

If Lankford was not caught digging a grave at Kahana Bay, then Masumiís body would have been there to back up his alibi Plan #2. Does this mean that Lankford hammered Masumiís left hand and defaced her head to further his accident story?

We must find Masumi Watanabeís body now.
hangman

Honolulu, HI

#17 Apr 5, 2008
liar, liar, liar, pants on fire.
You Gotta Be Kiddin

Honolulu, HI

#18 Apr 5, 2008
So what are we dealing with? Lankford commits a crime on company time in a company vehicle, worries about losing his job because there's an innocent woman dead in his truck, makes a big effort to go shopping for a shovel and gloves, stuffs the dead body in his truck bed then goes to Church with his wife and kids (!), goes out in the dead of night on the lame excuse to "do a termite job", can't bury the victim because wrong shovel can't dig and a witness watching from the side, drives off to another location(!), bends and stuffs the body stiff with rigormotis into trash bags and after all this pats himself on the back to find peace by dumping the cold, lifeless mangled body out to sea! You gotta be kidd'in me...I can't help to think what more did Lankford do to go this far to hide the body of evidence. Condolences to Ms. Watanabe.
haliimaile

United States

#19 Apr 5, 2008
send him to jail. no questions asked or if, and, or buts about it. LIKE GOD SAY "WHAT GO'S AROUND COMES AROUNR IF NOT NOW BUT ONE DAY"
haliimaile

United States

#20 Apr 5, 2008
MY HEART GO'S OUT TO THE WATANABE FAMILY. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS TRIAL, IF LANKFORD ONLY TOLD THE TRUE AND THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND HER BODY AND HE FAMILY WOULD PUT THEIR DAUGHTER TO REST,THEN DEAL WITH LANKFORD AFTER. HE IS SICK,CAUSE NOW HE CAN'T SEE, HOLD,OR TOUCH HIS CHILD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pada gets 15 years for slaying role - Hawaii News (May '09) Sep 11 sheree02 57
News Chuukese man gets life term for murder - Hawaii... (Jul '09) Sep 2 ETKT 225
News Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09) Aug 26 Joe Balls 88
News Cars in Hawaii required to have 2 license plate... (Aug '09) Aug '18 Joe Balls 13
News Homicidal driver gets 10 years (Apr '08) Jul '18 Golfnut 59
News It's Volcano Awareness Month on none other than... (Jan '10) Jul '18 destiny 12
News HPD program teaches law basics, discipline (May '08) Jul '18 Joe Balls 587