Jury retraces steps in Watanabe case

Jury retraces steps in Watanabe case

There are 28 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Jury retraces steps in Watanabe case. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

CRAIG T. KOJIMA / CKOJIMA@STARBULLETIN.COM The murder trial of Kirk Matthew Lankford took a trip to Pupukea and the Kahana Bay area yesterday, where Masumi Watanabe was last seen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mongoose

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Could be a smoking gun
Westsideray

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2008
Just confess already and apologize to everyone. Our tax money that could be used for the schools will now be used to keep you where you belong.
Banner

Kahului, HI

#3 Mar 15, 2008
Just confess already.
jimmy

Hutto, TX

#4 Mar 15, 2008
He looks like a freak and killer. He has that really creepy look. Sick looking white boy.
jen

Kahului, HI

#5 Mar 15, 2008
jimmy wrote:
He looks like a freak and killer. He has that really creepy look. Sick looking white boy.
Lankford looks and has a real profile of a "Serial Killer!" To think someone actually gave birth to that pathetic creep.
patti

United States

#6 Mar 15, 2008
I love my wife patti.
The Big Big Island

New Braunfels, TX

#7 Mar 15, 2008
I hope Lankford is enjoying what will be his final days at the beach.
mondavi

Kahului, HI

#8 Mar 15, 2008
jen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lankford looks and has a real profile of a "Serial Killer!" To think someone actually gave birth to that pathetic creep.
His mother should of ate him at birth!!!!!
Saddened

Kilauea, HI

#9 Mar 15, 2008
What is really shocking is the lack of remorse shown by Lankford. If it was an accident, come clean, tell the family where the body was buried. Why hold back? Matt, if you want foregiveness, you have to start by ending the suffering for the families involved, including your own. Let them hear it from you and not 12 strangers on the jury. Let everyone know that you accept the consequences of actions and then and only then, can you truly accept their foregiveness.
Von Dent

Kaneohe, HI

#10 Mar 15, 2008
Where are the cadaver dogs?

von
disgruntled kamaaina

Honolulu, HI

#11 Mar 15, 2008
Defense attorney Wilkerson is insinuating "a car accident" and "chinaman's hat" area.

Sounds like the defense is Lankford accidently killed her and dumped her in the ocean near chinaman's hat.

Like Saddened said, if that's the case, come clean already instead of this charade of putting everyone through a trial and tell everyone where's the body. Sick-o Lankford, you're still going to be found guilty of murder!
Island Girl

Makawao, HI

#12 Mar 15, 2008
Yes, I agree with those that said if he killed her accidentally that he show just tell the truth and get it over with. But athat's between him and his lawyer.

And for those others that say he looks crrepy or a sadistic killer, you're all wrong. I've heard that comment before: "he looks like a killer", "he looks like a drug addict", etc. Yeah, like you all can tell that by just looking at someone. That's just a stupid logic! Nobody knows what a rapist or robber or killer looks like. I've seen guys who looks scary and turns out -- it's the weather man!
pocho

Ewa Beach, HI

#13 Mar 15, 2008
The defense wants to plant doubts in the jurys mind.

Lankfords attorney prolly knows his clients guilty. He's prolly heard it all from Lanky and knows its all lies, hahahahaha. Dead man walking!
Justice

Kailua, HI

#14 Mar 15, 2008
Look at that smirk on that redheads face. Why do we get these derelicts from the mainland. They come here and think they can kill people. Especially harmless women. Then these other yoyo's decide their going to dig up Kahana on the day the jury is going there. Do you think it's a coincedence? Send these derelicts back to the Mainland...
King Koa

United States

#15 Mar 15, 2008
I hope they find her body. Thoughts and prayers go out to Masumi's family.
kimo

Wahiawa, HI

#16 Mar 15, 2008
Justice will be served in Halawa prison-white boy in sea of polynesians.....
TBB

Kapaau, HI

#17 Mar 16, 2008
Too many silly local comments here. Innocent until proven guilty folks and as if the only people that commit crimes are white. Last time I checked I believe the prisons are full of local people, not white people from the mainland.
he is DONE

United States

#18 Mar 17, 2008
TBB why defend this guy??
i don't care if he's "innocent until proven guilty"
who else would've done it???
they found the girls glasses and blood dna on his work truck!!!
jimmy

Hutto, TX

#19 Mar 20, 2008
The Big Big Island wrote:
I hope Lankford is enjoying what will be his final days at the beach.
Eh Big Island where you at in Austin? Write to pineapple808@austin.rr.com
Luv D Surf

Honolulu, HI

#20 Mar 21, 2008
does not look good for the defendant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pada gets 15 years for slaying role - Hawaii News (May '09) Sep 11 sheree02 57
News Chuukese man gets life term for murder - Hawaii... (Jul '09) Sep 2 ETKT 225
News Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09) Aug 26 Joe Balls 88
News Cars in Hawaii required to have 2 license plate... (Aug '09) Aug '18 Joe Balls 13
News Homicidal driver gets 10 years (Apr '08) Jul '18 Golfnut 59
News It's Volcano Awareness Month on none other than... (Jan '10) Jul '18 destiny 12
News HPD program teaches law basics, discipline (May '08) Jul '18 Joe Balls 587