McDonald's gets tool for heart safety

McDonald's gets tool for heart safety

There are 14 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 26, 2008, titled McDonald's gets tool for heart safety. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Seventy-six-year-old Edwin Kondo joined his friends for coffee at the Aina Haina McDonald's on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

malia

Mililani, HI

#1 Jun 26, 2008
theyll need them if they keep eating big macs.
Greg

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Great news. I'll probably eat more fries now.
what the ----

Wahiawa, HI

#3 Jun 26, 2008
they'll need it for their artery-clogging meals!
willie

Plymouth, MI

#4 Jun 26, 2008
They need to print the phone number of a local cardiologist on the french fry boxes too.
Kimo

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 26, 2008
I think McDonalds and other fast food franchises should have EMT's present at times or change their menus and their food sources. Ever heard of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)? It's ingredients like corn, msg and soy that's used in their soda, diet soda, beef,salad dressings. I don't understand why you want to kill off your customers.
Tim Allen

Troy, MI

#6 Jun 26, 2008
Hey Mickey-D,
I've got your tool right here.

“It always comes back to you”

Since: Mar 08

Honolulu

#7 Jun 26, 2008
Good thing the wife was a positive influence on the firefighter!

I only choose high-cholesterol restaurants next to fire stations and hospitals anyway.
Dbl Dimples

AOL

#8 Jun 26, 2008
Being proactive in this regard will save a life or two. Good thinking!!!!!!!!
Moofi Scamaman

Addison, IL

#9 Jun 26, 2008
Might as well install a conveyor belt too so the obese people dont have to walk as much and can focus more on stuffing their fat ugly faces with more food.
meeh

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jun 26, 2008
how funny to have an AED in Mickey D's. but good job!
Slack Key

Waterbury, CT

#11 Jun 26, 2008
Great story and great idea. Now if we could just install deodorant, muzzles and CT Scannners in Vegan Buffets.
Big Mac Attack

Honolulu, HI

#12 Jun 26, 2008
What a joke!

People eating dog food between white buns and now getting jolted back to life.

If they worried more about what they were eating they wouldn't need this machinery to keep them alive.
Hellotiki

Kailua, HI

#13 Jun 27, 2008
The best "tool" for the heart would be if they improved the quality of their high fat, high sugar poor excuse for what is mistakenly called food. At least add some fiber in their hamburger buns and a larger selection of diet sodas for a start.
jiminmoiliili

Burbank, IL

#14 Jul 28, 2008
Kaimuki High School adult education has an excellent CPR instructor, carl zsido teaching classes for the past 15 years. The current series is titled, CPR/First Aid, starting up again for the fall 2008 session Sept 10th..Its only one nite each week from 630-9pm...Well worth the price of the textbook and the face- mask that you pay for. The class is otherwise, free...You will be certified for 2yrs..Give this class a try...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chuukese man gets life term for murder - Hawaii... (Jul '09) Sep 24 District 1 228
News Pada gets 15 years for slaying role - Hawaii News (May '09) Sep '18 sheree02 57
News Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09) Aug '18 Joe Balls 88
News Cars in Hawaii required to have 2 license plate... (Aug '09) Aug '18 Joe Balls 13
News Homicidal driver gets 10 years (Apr '08) Jul '18 Golfnut 59
News It's Volcano Awareness Month on none other than... (Jan '10) Jul '18 destiny 12
News HPD program teaches law basics, discipline (May '08) Jul '18 Joe Balls 587