Weather closes Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park.

Three to five foot snow drifts have temporarily closed Trail Ridge Road at Many Parks Curve on the east side and Colorado River Trailhead on the west side. Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 16, 2012
It never ceases to amaze me regarding the changes in weather in Rocky. One of the great things about Rocky Mountain National Park.
At least

Denver, CO

#2 Oct 18, 2012
this year they didn't claim that the road was "officially" open even though it had been closed for over a month like back in 2009. For the current Park bosses, it's usually about image over substance - but this time, they got it right.

Next up for this crew - old Fall River Road is going to "magically" turn into a back country trail as soon as the last NPS work truck comes down and they close the gate. Dog walkers, you will soon be violators of resource law!! And don't even think of riding a bike on it until spring!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Estes Park Trail-Gazette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
November is national home care and hospice month Nov '14 Calvin James 1
Why norovirus is such a menace (Feb '14) Nov '14 FL TAG 488 TYD 26
Positive Changes Sep '14 Charley Dickey 1
Learn to be a ham radio operator (Nov '13) Sep '14 HAM 12345 2
'Big Bang Theory' stars to get $1 million per e... Aug '14 Big mike 8
Stanley Hotel ghost story supported by evidence... (Mar '14) Jul '14 car007 5
Emmys nominations odds, ends, facts and figures Jul '14 david traversa 1
More from around the web