Carlsbad man charged in Hobbs woman's...

Carlsbad man charged in Hobbs woman's death

There are 122 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Carlsbad man charged in Hobbs woman's death. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Two people face charges of murder, false imprisonment and tampering with evidence in the death of a woman in Hobbs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

Since: Oct 08

Artesia NM

#21 Jan 9, 2009
MJM wrote:
This was my friend's estranged wife who died. Get some respect folks. She may've been a meth head but she was still a human being.
I agree!
Sammy

Carlsbad, NM

#22 Jan 9, 2009
I'm not sure what his name was that Jennifer was married to out on Hildalgo Street back in 2003-2004. I think he came into a bunch of money and he was buying a bunch of big toys, and I think Jennifer got used to all the money.
mamasboy

Carlsbad, NM

#23 Jan 9, 2009
This piece of rat excrimate billy has repeatedly been violent towards women in the past and the hobbs police dept. had him in custody less than three weeks ago on drug charges. The pecos valley drug task force arranged his release so that he could try and get a "drug dealer" busted. In my opinion they are as much at fualt as the owner of the house that sat by and watched a 6'2" 190lb man strangle the life out of a young woman. The police should think twice before listening to peoples snitchstories. are'nt they here to protect people from dangerous homocidal maniacs like billy maples?
if u r

Carlsbad, NM

#24 Jan 9, 2009
Sammy wrote:
I'm not sure what his name was that Jennifer was married to out on Hildalgo Street back in 2003-2004. I think he came into a bunch of money and he was buying a bunch of big toys, and I think Jennifer got used to all the money.
if u r talking about my cousin who lived out there, no he was not married to a Jennifer, that is his mom's first name. His back then wife's name was Kristy.
ummm

Carlsbad, NM

#25 Jan 9, 2009
Shadow wrote:
I went to school with Ralph- he was a good-hearted sort as far as I remember. He didn't have the best homelife. Hope he is doing well....
Ralph got into trouble with charged or accused of molesting his daughter....the fat ralph. The one who lived on hill street and I think his wife's name is Linda...he was ok, just a little weird. But he still talked crap and started crap.
ummm

Carlsbad, NM

#26 Jan 9, 2009
Oh, let me tell you that the POS father Tanner named his two older sons from his first marriage the same name, so there are two Ralphs, one that is fat, gross, ugly and disgusting and one that is skinny, ugly and weird.
Get Facts Straight Biatch

Hobbs, NM

#27 Jan 9, 2009
ummm wrote:
Oh, let me tell you that the POS father Tanner named his two older sons from his first marriage the same name, so there are two Ralphs, one that is fat, gross, ugly and disgusting and one that is skinny, ugly and weird.
There aren't two Ralphs ****, get your story straight. If you know these Tanners then you must be a drug addict.
ummm

Carlsbad, NM

#28 Jan 9, 2009
Get Facts Straight Biatch wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't two Ralphs ****, get your story straight. If you know these Tanners then you must be a drug addict.
Yes there are two Ralphs bytch! I was married to a Tanner. They were my brother in laws...dumbfuk, one goes by the name James! Ralph James and Ralph whatever are their legal first names! No, I am not a drug addict! I do not have NOTHING to do with the Tanners! They are not allowed around my son! So fuk off! You know nothing!! If you know so much and not ever married to one then you are a loser POS person. I found out the hard way what my ex was and I divorced him after believing his lies!
Get Facts Straight Biatch

Hobbs, NM

#29 Jan 9, 2009
Listen here dumb **** , you are the one that made the mistake, now lay in the bed that you made. If you had any sense then you wouldn't have been in the situation that you are in. I am sure that you were a druggie at one point and time and still dealing with being an addict. I am not a pos because I wasn't married to one.....
Nope

Carlsbad, NM

#30 Jan 9, 2009
mamasboy wrote:
The pecos valley drug task force arranged his release so that he could try and get a "drug dealer" busted. In my opinion they are as much at fualt as the owner of the house that sat by and watched a 6'2" 190lb man strangle the life out of a young woman.
I don't think so. The task force does not arrange releases. Once they are arrested it is in the court's hands. So watch where you lay blame when you don't have the facts.
Bbad

Levelland, TX

#31 Jan 9, 2009
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. The task force does not arrange releases. Once they are arrested it is in the court's hands. So watch where you lay blame when you don't have the facts.
You must not really understand how the drug task force works, they are the biggest drug running operation on this side of the Pecos.
If the govt really wanted to stop drugs they could but all prisons are mostly privately owned by stock-holders who demand a return on their investment.
America has more citizens in prisons then all country's combined because its a good investment and this war on drugs is run and operated by the govt. If all drugs were stopped then the business would dry up and the retirement money would go up in smoke!
watever

Georgetown, TX

#33 Jan 9, 2009
the taskforce or meth doesnt make people kill that dude has a pentagram tated on his arm he is evil good people dont choke young girls to death this sorry mother needs whats comming to um
talk about stupid

Levelland, TX

#34 Jan 17, 2009
bad tanners wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to be married to a bad tanner. i know good tanners also! as for me looking in the mirror, no reason to, i made my mistakes but no felonies. Ralph, Keith, Allan, James, Terry, Dennis, Wesley, even their cousin Scott Lane and all of them can go to hell! ALL LOSERS!
you were married to a bad tanner? what does that say for you???? Besides who are you to judge anyone and name a list like that thats crazy and personaly i think uncalled for!! your quick to make a list of names, wheres yours????
bad tanners

Carlsbad, NM

#35 Jan 18, 2009
talk about stupid wrote:
<quoted text> you were married to a bad tanner? what does that say for you???? Besides who are you to judge anyone and name a list like that thats crazy and personaly i think uncalled for!! your quick to make a list of names, wheres yours????
Actually, it does not say anything about me except I made a mistake when his true colors came out. I have nothing to do with them and dont give a damn if he died or anything bad happen. I don't need my name up there, I am not a Tanner and got out after I had my baby. The names I put up are cousins by blood. I really do not give a damn what you think either! This was years ago. I am not a bad person, no felonies, no nothing. And yes, it is for me to judge after what the idiots put me through. I will judge and will forever. That is ignorant saying about who is someone to judge. If no one judged then no one would NOT have sense to get out of a marriage, to be with a descent person, to do many things. People judge EVERYDAY ALL OF THE TIME IN THEIR LIFE! Have you heard "That was a bad judgment call!" and the same went here! There is ONLY one good Mary and her husband! They have nothing to do with the other Tanners.
responding

Levelland, TX

#36 Jan 18, 2009
I know the tanners too! And I wasnt saying you didnt go through alot, I am sure you did, everyone just seems so negitive anymore. We all make mistakes believe me I have to. And can you imagine how hard it is for someone to rise above their reputation of a druggy and change their life? I know it doesnt happen all the time, but more and more people are trying to change and its damn near impossible when you are catogorized in a certain group, no one seems to know what forgiveness is anymore, I am not speaking of other people, but from my own experience.......i should not be so quick to jump back at your comment because I dont know what you have been thru..........
jjo1

Carlsbad, NM

#37 Jan 19, 2009
What was Jennifer's maiden name?
whatever

Carlsbad, NM

#38 Jan 19, 2009
Why wasn't anything ever in the obits?
i think

Carlsbad, NM

#39 Jan 19, 2009
whatever wrote:
Why wasn't anything ever in the obits?
it is up to the family. Just like the baby who died, well he was a toddler, who was at the river and the mother and sister were playing and he drowned. They put his obit later after services due to all what people were saying.
i think

Carlsbad, NM

#40 Jan 19, 2009
responding wrote:
I know the tanners too! And I wasnt saying you didnt go through alot, I am sure you did, everyone just seems so negitive anymore. We all make mistakes believe me I have to. And can you imagine how hard it is for someone to rise above their reputation of a druggy and change their life? I know it doesnt happen all the time, but more and more people are trying to change and its damn near impossible when you are catogorized in a certain group, no one seems to know what forgiveness is anymore, I am not speaking of other people, but from my own experience.......i should not be so quick to jump back at your comment because I dont know what you have been thru..........
I believe that people are so negative here is because there are more bad things than good in Carlsbad. In another words, this place does not have really anything positive to turn to in order to ignore the bad. It is a dead place because it is a retirement community. It is great when someone changes their life around. But when there is a family of drugs, rape, kidnapping, child abuse, child molestation, child rape, and so on, and NO ONE changes, it is just what the family has brought up all of the kids to do. I know that there is one of them that I never met that was my sister in law that is supposed to be a nurse somewhere, however, she was not raised by the Tanners thank GOD!
Billy Maples himself

Carlsbad, NM

#41 Jun 10, 2009
How in the world can (nearly) all of you people sit here on your keyboards talking such trash about things that ABSOLUTELY NONE of you were actually involved in? Can you not see that this is a complete tragedy? Like the person from the UK says, "Get some respect folks". How can you sit here spreading **** ill-informed rumors when the things you should really be doing is just simply being very glad that it was not yourselves in ANY one of our positions. This has been and will continue to be a nightmare for every single one of us that unlike yourselves, are ACTUALLY caught up in the unfortunate circumstances that have occurred. Yes, Jennifer was a human being and it is very sad that ANY ONE of us that were actually there had to die. None of your comments here come from very much in the way of the truth, so stop seeing the world from your own quick to jugding eyes and try to realize that this event wasn't concocted in some way to give you somewhere to vent your ignorance to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vandals target Veteran's Memorial Park Fri Uncle Bob 9
News Golden Rule (Oct '10) Jun 30 burnt busch 11
News Eddy County to receive $3M in funds; NM to get ... Jun 29 Carlsbad NM 2
News Carlsbad inmate granted new trial (10:53 a.m.) (Apr '11) Jun 28 Leena 29
News Residents can use 311 to report graffiti Jun 24 Whitegurl 18
News Commission tables tax raise, more public hearin... Jun 23 Carlsbad NM 9
The Honkers (Mar '09) Jun 19 Honker 55
More from around the web