Marcy Pritz

Killen, AL

#766 Aug 9, 2011
Anne Restine wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have her email address. So when I 'm ready to contact her I will. WHat she emailed me made me think she didn't know Mattie. So I don't think she can help me out. The things she said about Mattie were not correct...so I don't want to start things that would hurt the case. I just think she has Mattie mixed up with someone else.
Thanks for asking.
You are St. Anne to me! Fifty one years is coming up and your still going stong,I wish I had your mental strength. Love ya.
Unsolved Murder of Mattie

United States

#767 Aug 10, 2011
Thank you Marcy Pritz. I'm not St. Anne. But I will never stop seeking JUSTICE for Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz's. They were murder on August 11, 1961, by some sicko that is still being protected by the authorities. They know who killed them...but they aren't willing to stick their necks out to solve this case...
In my heart I believe they will pay for what they haven't done regarding this horrible murder case. Pleasse if anyone has the truth ....COME FORWARD. You don't have to go the the ECSO...go to the FBI, or call the Carlsbad Crimestoppers ...they will know what to do.
Again...Please come forward if you know the truth about how and WHO killed Mattie & Patty.

Our families would really appreciate the help in getting this case solved.

United States

#768 Aug 10, 2011
I wrote a letter to the Current Argus editor..and they put it on the opinion page....so if anyone wants to read it go to the blog section. I'm disappointed that the Current Argus hasn't taken the time to do a story on this horrible murder case. In 2003 they did a full page story about it. I guess they don't think one of the oldest ( 50 years) unsolved murder cases....in NEW MEXICO...and probably EDDY COUNTY isn't news worthy. Let's just shove it under the rug and it will go away...attitude. When your loved ones die from another ones hand...it doesn't just go away. The families live with it the rest of their lifes.
Sorry....newspaper people ...but that is the way I feel.
Barb

United States

#769 Aug 13, 2011
Anne:

My family has lived in Carlsbad since the late 50's, I believe. In 1998 I moved back for a year with my husband and something very strange happened. We lived over on mesa st., but were looking for a house to possibly buy. My aunt had lived at 410 Mesquite since she was married in the 50's, so we took a drive to see if anything was for sale, over there. I saw that 403 Mesquite was for sale and went around peeking in the windows since it looked vacant. The left side door was unlocked (?) so I went in and looked around. The house itself was not so bad..it seemed like a 'lonely' house (I have a very strong reception to vibes good and bad)...but in the backyard was some sort of garage/shed/converted apartment thing that just gave me the creeps for some reason. Later speaking to my aunt she said we didn't want that house because it was "where those girls got taken from". I had no idea prior to this. Long story short...was this backyard shed/apartment being lived in by someone at the time the Pritzes lived in the house? And if so, was this individual ever investigated? It was just such an overwhelmingly sick feeling associated with that structure,itself..either someone staying in there had bad intentions, or things went on in there that were just wrong. Please let me know..

Thanks,
Barb

United States

#770 Aug 13, 2011
Barb wrote:
Anne:
My family has lived in Carlsbad since the late 50's, I believe. In 1998 I moved back for a year with my husband and something very strange happened. We lived over on mesa st., but were looking for a house to possibly buy. My aunt had lived at 410 Mesquite since she was married in the 50's, so we took a drive to see if anything was for sale, over there. I saw that 403 Mesquite was for sale and went around peeking in the windows since it looked vacant. The left side door was unlocked (?) so I went in and looked around. The house itself was not so bad..it seemed like a 'lonely' house (I have a very strong reception to vibes good and bad)...but in the backyard was some sort of garage/shed/converted apartment thing that just gave me the creeps for some reason. Later speaking to my aunt she said we didn't want that house because it was "where those girls got taken from". I had no idea prior to this. Long story short...was this backyard shed/apartment being lived in by someone at the time the Pritzes lived in the house? And if so, was this individual ever investigated? It was just such an overwhelmingly sick feeling associated with that structure,itself..either someone staying in there had bad intentions, or things went on in there that were just wrong. Please let me know..
Thanks,
Barb
Barb I don't know if someone was living in that building when the girls were killed or not. I remember the building but nothing else about it. I thought Mr. Davidson still lived there. He was Patty's stepdad...Cullen Davidson. Maybe he is the one selling it. Might check with him. Thanks for asking the questions and concern about the case.
justice

Carlsbad, NM

#772 Nov 17, 2011
I just watched Larry Barker on chanel 10 news and wanted to tell Anne I hope and pray the murders are solved. Why is it Eddy County, that these murders havent been solved my mom grew up on Lake St and was a very young child when this happen my uncle went to school with Mattie and Patty this was very devasting to the whole community. There were several rumors and i just find it hard to believe this small of a town couldnt solve or give the families answers! Just like Sasha Hedgecock's murder, rumors circulate people know who did it but no arrest. How can they just let these sick people get away with crimes like this! It has been said if you want to get away with murder go to Carlsbad NM. Come on Carlsbad lets solve these cases and change our rep. Dont let these sick people get away with these crimes!!! To all the families that have not got justice God Bless you and my prayers with you all!
Kat

Hixson, TN

#773 Feb 29, 2012
Hi, Anne, my name is Katrina. My mother is Debbie Bothe. I don't know if you remember her, but she said she was a friend of your at the time of your sister's murder. I have been studying the case and I just want to commend your dilegence in keeping this case alive. No matter how long ago this crime occured, these girls and their families deserve justice. I have also read what has happened to your family and I'm truly sorry. Having recently dealt with the murder of a dear freind, there is no getting over it. The trust issues, relationships, all aspects of your life are effected and there are no easy answers. This case effected my mother's life too. She was very overprotective, with good reason, because of what happened to your sister. She often still talks about it and wonders how you were doing. I just wanted to say that you are doing an amazing job of keeping the authorities on this case I hope that one day these girls get the justice they deserve. You and your family are on our minds and in our prayers. I can't wait to read your book. God bless,
Katrina O'Shea
Dayton, tn
Leena

Springfield, MO

#774 Mar 29, 2012
Hi please contact me, I have information on Nancys case. I don't feel safe posting it here.
Leenacase1@gmail.com
The info. I have came from Carl Case himself, while in Southern New Mexico, just a few years after the Murder/Rape. Please let me help you.
who="mead"]The one that murder Nancy was it jerry kame response back to me please <quoted text>
Leena

Springfield, MO

#775 Mar 29, 2012
Please e-mail me at leenacase1@gmail.com
I have information, regarding Nancys case. Info right from Carl (Scratch) Case. What he told me doesn't match what he put before the superior court regarding the jury misconduct. Please let me help keep him in jail. He spent many hours talking with me, inside Southern NM correctional center. I'm to afraid to post more on here. I'm praying I can help bring closure to you and myself. Thank you.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not suspects, convicted criminals. Curtis (?) Worley, Carl Case and some other di-ckless loser, can't remember the name.
Leena

Springfield, MO

#776 Mar 30, 2012
His name was Joe Brown, he was Carl Cases co-defendant
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not suspects, convicted criminals. Curtis (?) Worley, Carl Case and some other di-ckless loser, can't remember the name.
Leena

Springfield, MO

#777 Mar 30, 2012
Carl (Scratch) Case, is still in. Its weird he never mentioned the names, you have spoken of as part of the crime, although I'm sure they were. Carl always talked about Joe Brown, as his co-defendant in the case. And if he won a new trial, then Joe would ride his coat tails out too.
FERRARI355 wrote:
<quoted text>I hope all these sorry excuses for life are still in jail?
MBeth

Rochester, NY

#778 Apr 27, 2012
Larry Johnson wrote:
I think I may have known Manny Girdley. Does anyone know if he was oringinally from Roswell NM? If so I have been trying to find him for years. He was once involved in law enforcement in Chaves County NM. Does anyone know anything about his family or how I can get in touch with them? This would mean a lot to me.
Larry, I left NM a long time ago but Manny was the older brother of my best friend in HS whom I can not find now. I'm still trying to find when Manny died, where he is at rest, and my friend. Three days ago I stumbled across all these post and am sickened over what is continuing. I know Mom Girdley was very worried when I saw her last, many years ago. Did you find any information about the family, how I might reach them and when Manny was lost to us all. I haven't seen him since Paul and I stood at his wedding...long time ago. Yes, he was Chaves S.O. for a while and NMMI Campus in the early 70's.
MBeth

Rochester, NY

#779 Apr 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me when and where Manny Girdley was killed/found? He and my ex (husb.) were good firiends for some time, we stood at Manny's wedding. I'm trying towrap my head around all this and can't find his yournger sibling who was my BF in Jr. Hi. Haven't seen her since her little girl was bon and don't remember her new las name. Can someone help me? Also, have any of these cases been resolved? Manny and Paul encouraged to seek LE career but am now retired and live a long way away...wish I didn't about now.
Tom Beyer wrote:
Cold Case Files on A&E featured the 1957 murder of a policeman in California. In 2001 (44 years later) an older man was arrested in South Carolina and later convicted. I remember an even older cold case in Oregon. In 1985 a gun was found in a river that was later traced to a 1935 murder. The suspect was still alive and was convicted of the 50 year old murder.
With at least 33 unsolved murders in the last 50 years, Eddy County (Population 50,000) probably has the highest rate in the country. It's never too late for justice & closure for Joel Cabezuela, Donna Sue Black Hyatt, Sasha Hedgecock, Manny Girdley, Gilbert Ogas, Jr., Johnny Davis, Danny Journey, Patty Pritz, Mattie Restine, and the thousands of other unsolved murders in Eddy County, New Mexico and the United States.
bodecea

Tampa, FL

#780 May 18, 2012
Leena wrote:
Carl (Scratch) Case, is still in. Its weird he never mentioned the names, you have spoken of as part of the crime, although I'm sure they were. Carl always talked about Joe Brown, as his co-defendant in the case. And if he won a new trial, then Joe would ride his coat tails out too.
<quoted text>
Yes leena you were married to him and screwed around too
texasgirl

San Marcos, TX

#781 Jun 8, 2012
Anne?
Mattie Restine

United States

#782 Jun 10, 2012
Hey, I didn't make that laat comment. I'm still arond though
Carl Case - new trial

Albuquerque, NM

#783 Jul 26, 2012
How sad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Paul spent time for this too. I didn't know he was out also, but I know Mike had the shortest sentence since he was a juvenile at the time. Do you have any links that I can read up on this? I knew all involved at the time, including some witnesses, but I wasn't there the night the murder took place.
Did you hear for sure which of these guys hit her? 2 witnesses recanted and no DNA material was found on the evidence. The autopsy also showed no abrasions indicating rape (all reasons he's getting a new trial). Is there someone that saw this that didn't come forward? If he indeed did this, they need to step up quick.
Anne Restine Self

United States

#784 Aug 29, 2012
Thank you Katrina, I'm sorry i don't remember your
Mother pleaze tell her i appreciate, the prayers and concern about Mattie's and Patty's unsolved case. Right now nothing has been going on. Seems like the Law enforcement agencies don't care whether the case is solved or not. But I pray everyday someone will come forward and tell what and why this horrible injustice happen. And Mattie and Patty deserve to have JUSTICE.
Burl

United States

#785 Feb 17, 2013
About the apartment I don't think their was anyone living there at the time of the murder do remember something happening there after one night it wake me up. I lived at 405 . Their was alot of thing happen over there after the murder. Need to know anything eles contect at drivertrainer100@yahoo.com
Anne Restine Self

United States

#786 Apr 3, 2013
Burl wrote:
About the apartment I don't think their was anyone living there at the time of the murder do remember something happening there after one night it wake me up. I lived at 405 . Their was alot of thing happen over there after the murder. Need to know anything eles contect at drivertrainer100@yahoo.com
thanks for the information. I remember the little apartment that was at Patty's mother's house but I have don't remember anyone living there. I plan on emailing you soon,so don't give up pn me! Do you remember when Mrs. Davidson shot that man in her kitchen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winfrey's network to do series on dad with 34 c... Mar 27 Get a Life 1
News City urged to switch to once-a-week trash pick-up Mar 26 hope not 11
News Carlsbad students protest PARCC test Mar 20 Maltamon 10
Marchiones Italian Restaurant (Jun '08) Mar 20 lpreler 31
News BREAKING: Sinkhole swallows construction worker... (Nov '08) Mar 17 Wipp 10
News New Mexico bill would limit smoking with kids a... Mar 13 lol 26
News John Gamble seeking new trial (Apr '11) Mar 7 Angell 76
More from around the web