Unsolved Murders in Eddy County and s...
Anne Restine

United States

#352 Jul 26, 2009
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked for a pissing match. All asked is for you to plz keep the bad mouthed comments to yourself. There was no need for the personal attacks on Mr. Anaya. Whether you think he knows something or not, the foul comments are not going to help Anne's situation. As long as you do not make anymore negative comments, I have nothing more to say. And Anne, my prayers are with you and I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing investigation.
Thank you Mary for your prayers and wishing me luck in finding out who killed Mattie and Patty. But I do have to disagree with you regarding Ray Anaya and some of the other (dead) retired sheriffs that served in Eddy County. All of them know things that they should have given up years ago. But they are all members of the "good ole boy" system in Carlsbad and will continue to be members of that group...until the day they are planted in the ground. I also knew Ray Anaya when I was a kid...he played mean tricks on us when he worked at the funeral home...so NO he isn't a saint...I'm not saying he helped kill the girls...I'm just saying he needs to come forward and tell what he knows before he dies...along with several others.
You do not know what my family went through when my sister was killed...believe me...I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The victims families should have some type of closure...not being ignored by the ECSO....they know who killed the girls...but again they don't care.
I am the only person that really cares about this case being solved. So please spare me the "he's a man of God....if he were...he would come forward and tell what he knows...not hide behind his door and hope it just goes away.
I'm not judging him...I'm just asking him to come forward and tell what he knows....that isn't asking for much.
Anne Restine

United States

#353 Jul 26, 2009
ANd for everyones information....there isn't an ongoing investigation by the sheriffs department...they stopped working on it the day the investigator retired. The only investigation still going is the one I'm trying to do...but that is also impossible...because the Eddy County Sheriff's Department will not return your calls or put a call through to someone so you can talk to them....so don't ask me to keep my comments to myself....Mary....I hope and pray you never have to face something like this in your lifetime. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my sister...she was a really neat person that didn't get a chance to change anything in this sorry old world...but Ray Anaya did... he hasn't come forward and helped with this case.
I'm glad he has done some good things in his life...hopefully he will come forward and tell what he knows about this case...then this to can be added to his GOOD DEEDS!
Mary

United States

#354 Jul 27, 2009
Anne Restine wrote:
ANd for everyones information....there isn't an ongoing investigation by the sheriffs department...they stopped working on it the day the investigator retired. The only investigation still going is the one I'm trying to do...but that is also impossible...because the Eddy County Sheriff's Department will not return your calls or put a call through to someone so you can talk to them....so don't ask me to keep my comments to myself....Mary....I hope and pray you never have to face something like this in your lifetime. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my sister...she was a really neat person that didn't get a chance to change anything in this sorry old world...but Ray Anaya did... he hasn't come forward and helped with this case.
I'm glad he has done some good things in his life...hopefully he will come forward and tell what he knows about this case...then this to can be added to his GOOD DEEDS!
Anne, I completly understand your want and desire to solve this case. As I read through this forum, it truly touched my heart when I saw how eager you are to find your sister's murderer. It brought me to tears just thinking about what you might have gone through as I tried to put myself in your shoes. I can't imagine the heartbreak that you went through. I only hope that one day you find who did this to your entire family. I also praise you for standing strong and continuing your work even though you continuely lost your family members throught the years. I never asked for you to keep your comments to yourself, I only asked that the negative comments were stopped. Bad mouthing ppl, such as noname did, is not going to help this situation one bit. If anyone does know info, it will only anger them and they will make sure to continue hiding any info they may have. And FYI, the sheriff is often seen at the McDonald's on Pierce St having breakfast & lunch with his fellow colleages. My advice to you would be to go down there and bug him like he has never been bugged before. He may ignore you but I'm sure that if you make a scene more ppl will become aware of your efforts and it may have a little affect on his concious. I know that you have tried your hardest to get info from him, so what is one more try going to hurt? Again, I wish you the best of luck and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. And if I see the sheriff, I will do the best I can to pound him for info about Mattie and Pattie's deaths.
Anne Restine

United States

#355 Jul 27, 2009
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne, I completly understand your want and desire to solve this case. As I read through this forum, it truly touched my heart when I saw how eager you are to find your sister's murderer. It brought me to tears just thinking about what you might have gone through as I tried to put myself in your shoes. I can't imagine the heartbreak that you went through. I only hope that one day you find who did this to your entire family. I also praise you for standing strong and continuing your work even though you continuely lost your family members throught the years. I never asked for you to keep your comments to yourself, I only asked that the negative comments were stopped. Bad mouthing ppl, such as noname did, is not going to help this situation one bit. If anyone does know info, it will only anger them and they will make sure to continue hiding any info they may have. And FYI, the sheriff is often seen at the McDonald's on Pierce St having breakfast & lunch with his fellow colleages. My advice to you would be to go down there and bug him like he has never been bugged before. He may ignore you but I'm sure that if you make a scene more ppl will become aware of your efforts and it may have a little affect on his concious. I know that you have tried your hardest to get info from him, so what is one more try going to hurt? Again, I wish you the best of luck and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. And if I see the sheriff, I will do the best I can to pound him for info about Mattie and Pattie's deaths.
Thanks for the prayers Mary...I do not live in Carlsbad...I live about 14 hours from there...so it is impossible for me to hound the sheriff until he feels like he can talk to me. If he keeps eating at the McDonalds...he will die soon anyway....heart attack most likely. Anyway...MY family has gone through so much I couldn't even start to tell it all on this forum. But the thing that hurts the most is the law enforcement agencies in New Mexico doesn't care about the old unsolved murder cases they ignore. THey just don't want to use the time to get them solved. WHich is unacceptable to me. But that is my plight...not everyone elses.
I have tried to talk with the old sheriff...Waller and the new one...but they continue to ignore me....Waller is the one that started this mess...he needs to step out of the picture and let the new sheriff run the show for now....I'm sure Mendoza is smart enough to run the department...
Please if anyone has information about this case...come forward now ...and help solve this horrible case.
I can talk on here all day and not everyone would agree with me....so I'm sorry if what I'm doing offends certain people...but that is the way it's going to be...these people don't have a conscience Mary...that is the whole problem!
They live their live for themselves...so NO I can't stop attacking them....they need to answer my questions...and then maybe I can stop.
Again thanks for the prayers and nice words.
Tom Beyer

Florence, AL

#356 Aug 2, 2009
Cold Case Files on A&E featured the 1957 murder of a policeman in California. In 2001 (44 years later) an older man was arrested in South Carolina and later convicted. I remember an even older cold case in Oregon. In 1985 a gun was found in a river that was later traced to a 1935 murder. The suspect was still alive and was convicted of the 50 year old murder.

With at least 33 unsolved murders in the last 50 years, Eddy County (Population 50,000) probably has the highest rate in the country. It's never too late for justice & closure for Joel Cabezuela, Donna Sue Black Hyatt, Sasha Hedgecock, Manny Girdley, Gilbert Ogas, Jr., Johnny Davis, Danny Journey, Patty Pritz, Mattie Restine, and the thousands of other unsolved murders in Eddy County, New Mexico and the United States.
Anne Restine

United States

#358 Aug 3, 2009
Tom Beyer wrote:
Cold Case Files on A&E featured the 1957 murder of a policeman in California. In 2001 (44 years later) an older man was arrested in South Carolina and later convicted. I remember an even older cold case in Oregon. In 1985 a gun was found in a river that was later traced to a 1935 murder. The suspect was still alive and was convicted of the 50 year old murder.
With at least 33 unsolved murders in the last 50 years, Eddy County (Population 50,000) probably has the highest rate in the country. It's never too late for justice & closure for Joel Cabezuela, Donna Sue Black Hyatt, Sasha Hedgecock, Manny Girdley, Gilbert Ogas, Jr., Johnny Davis, Danny Journey, Patty Pritz, Mattie Restine, and the thousands of other unsolved murders in Eddy County, New Mexico and the United States.
Thank You Tom for posting on this thread. I couldn't agree with you more. I hope someday Mattie and Patty will have Justice. They were two beautiful little girls who deserved to carry on their lives...
It's never to late to solve these horrible crimes. We just have to get the law enforcement (mainly ECSO) off their behinds and work on them...all of them...30+ unsolved murders and still climbing in Eddy County alone.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#359 Aug 3, 2009
Anne Restine wrote:
<quoted text>Thank You Tom for posting on this thread. I couldn't agree with you more. I hope someday Mattie and Patty will have Justice. They were two beautiful little girls who deserved to carry on their lives...
It's never to late to solve these horrible crimes. We just have to get the law enforcement (mainly ECSO) off their behinds and work on them...all of them...30+ unsolved murders and still climbing in Eddy County alone.
I feel for you and others who have to live through the hell of their loved one(s) being killed and no justice and no help to know what happened. As they say, there is always someone that knows something of a crime. How more than frustrating to live all of these years and the law lets people get by for no matter what reason either years gone by, dont want to help, thinks there is something more important to do or it is a personal friend, family member or someone they know. I do not understand how these crimes cannot be solved being in such a little town. Is there a way to bring someone else in to investigate without having to pay? Perhaps sue the city for not wanting to help you? It's not like everyone is new who joings the PD, SO, state or whatever branch of law enforcement, it seems that someone knew someone back then or it is their child or family member who now has joined the force. What is wrong with the law enforcement? I am pretty damn sure they do not have their hands TOTALLY full to where they cannot help you or anyone else. Maybe the law enforcement divions are too chicken shyt to get involved....who knows, but this needs to be stopped.
Anne Restine

United States

#360 Aug 3, 2009
Michele wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel for you and others who have to live through the hell of their loved one(s) being killed and no justice and no help to know what happened. As they say, there is always someone that knows something of a crime. How more than frustrating to live all of these years and the law lets people get by for no matter what reason either years gone by, dont want to help, thinks there is something more important to do or it is a personal friend, family member or someone they know. I do not understand how these crimes cannot be solved being in such a little town. Is there a way to bring someone else in to investigate without having to pay? Perhaps sue the city for not wanting to help you? It's not like everyone is new who joings the PD, SO, state or whatever branch of law enforcement, it seems that someone knew someone back then or it is their child or family member who now has joined the force. What is wrong with the law enforcement? I am pretty damn sure they do not have their hands TOTALLY full to where they cannot help you or anyone else. Maybe the law enforcement divions are too chicken shyt to get involved....who knows, but this needs to be stopped.
Yes, Michelle the law enforcement departments need to investigate the unsolved murders that happened in Eddy County. But it seems to me like they just aren't interested in working on the cases....even the ones that have happened in the past five years. You never hear how they are doing on Sasha's case or the others that have been mentioned on here. THe thing that really gets to me is they will not tell the families anything either...nor will they take calls when they have new leads...now that really needs to be addressed. New blood needs to be in the sheriff's office...but that will never happen either. These guys take care of their own and it's been that way forever...my mother use to say that when she was alive and I trully believe she was right about what she said.
These old unsolved cases will never be solved...because you have some lazy/or corrupt sheriff leading his men....and then the men aren't interested in the cases after awhile...or better yet they are told they can't work on the cases...they don't have the manpower to work on them....what it is they are taking care of their own...they don't care if JUSTICE is served or not. Even though they are hired to keep peace and solve crimes...in other words...Catch the bad guys...but some of the bad guys are the ones leading the men in the sheriff's department...that's how I see it anyway...when they will not answer your calls...then something stinks.....
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#361 Aug 3, 2009
Michele wrote:
I think Manny and Sasha are linked. I believe Donna knew her killer. Danny Journey...P.S.
Everyone knows PS did it. They just don't seem to care.
Anne Restine

United States

#362 Aug 4, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows PS did it. They just don't seem to care.
DDave...why is that? Why do they not care? It shouldn't matter if they care or not...they should be doing their jobs...bring the individuals in that killed these people...then prosecute them...that shouldn't be that hard. Just sloppy work...I would think they (policeman or deputies) would be embarresed that they haven't done anything to bring these killers in. Of course that is hard when you are protecting the killers! That is sure what it appears to be in Eddy County... By all means....Take care of the bad guys....
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#363 Aug 4, 2009
And the rumor also goes that she and RG killed the waitress who disappeared from Dennys a long time ago.

To comment to your post Anne, that's why this city has a filthy, unholy air about. I'm thinking that has a direct corelation with why Carlsbad LOOKS filthy and unholy. People who visit here tell me they can not wait to go back home.
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#365 Aug 4, 2009
Yep.
Anne Restine

United States

#366 Aug 11, 2009
Today: 48 years ago...on August 11, 1962....Mattie Catherine Restine,13 yrs. old and Patty Sue Pritz, age 14 yrs. old were killed out by Rocky Arroyo.
Their killer(killers) have never been arrested. I have been trying to get this case solved for more than nine years now and still the Eddy County Sheriff's Department ignores my requests of information regarding new leads and the possibility of more DNA testing. Why I don't know....but I will not stop seeking JUSTICE for their deaths.
I will say this to the ECSO...I am going to look into bringing a civil suit against the ECSO...due to the fact they are NOT working on this case...and they are not keeping the families involved informed...two years ago Capt. Jim Ballard told me this case was still open and would only be worked on when they had the time. That isn't good enough...all unsolved cases need to be worked on...not put on a shelf or in a box and left....
I miss my sister MATTIE very much...and I can not let this go....
Mattie and Patty deserve to have JUSTICE...their lives should I meant something to the ECSO...they were loved by their families...and we want this case worked on NOW.
Anne Restine

United States

#368 Aug 12, 2009
Michele wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne, I just want to say I am very sorry for the pain, anguish, and all that you have to suffer with everyday. I know there are two people I know that had birthdays yesterday and I kept thinking to myself, "what happened on this day? There was something." Then when you brought this up, I said oh yeah, those poor girls. Have you thought about getting a hold of Sylvia Browne who use to be on Montel Williams show? perhaps she can help. I truly wish that I could do something for you. I have thought about contacting the SO..Sheriff's office and ask, because my dad is friends with them when he used to work there, but I didnt know if you would approve though you want answers. So, if you dont mind, I would like to call and see if there is something I can try to get maybe a hint or something. I also have a friend who is in the PD and I can ask him what I can do.
Again, I am sorry for all of these years of the hell on earth you have been through.
Thanks Michelle, so many have sent their best regards to me this week...and I appreciate all of you guys and gals that are trying to help me out with this investigation.
You can ask away...but I will tell you this...they haven't talked to the people that have called them ....telling them of new leads...nor do they give out information regarding the case. But it doesn't bother me if you want to ask questions....Good luck!
Anne Restine

United States

#369 Aug 13, 2009
I talked with the lady from Texas that told me about her grandfather being a good suspect for the murder of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz today. She is still trying to help me get the DNA testing done on her suspect.
I talked with t he lab that done the DNA testing on Matties evidence back in 2003-04, and he said that the lab he worked for couldn't do anything to help me...due to the fact the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept. contracts with them to do the tests...so they aren't able to help out. So again I'm thrown back in the arms of the good ole boys at the sheriff's department. Which is a dead end.
Does anyone know if Richard Sillas is still an investigator for the sheriff's dept.? I was told several years ago by Capt. Ballard he was the new one assigned to the case...but when I try and get answers from him...I get nothing. I have written him letters, called and let messages...but again NO RETURN>>>>>> what is the sheriff's problem????
I need some answers to my questions. TODAY...not 5 yrs. down the road.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#370 Aug 13, 2009
Anne Restine wrote:
I talked with the lady from Texas that told me about her grandfather being a good suspect for the murder of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz today. She is still trying to help me get the DNA testing done on her suspect.
I talked with t he lab that done the DNA testing on Matties evidence back in 2003-04, and he said that the lab he worked for couldn't do anything to help me...due to the fact the Eddy County Sheriff's Dept. contracts with them to do the tests...so they aren't able to help out. So again I'm thrown back in the arms of the good ole boys at the sheriff's department. Which is a dead end.
Does anyone know if Richard Sillas is still an investigator for the sheriff's dept.? I was told several years ago by Capt. Ballard he was the new one assigned to the case...but when I try and get answers from him...I get nothing. I have written him letters, called and let messages...but again NO RETURN>>>>>> what is the sheriff's problem????
Yeah, well Richard Sillas is an asss and I know someone who use to do a certain drug with him before he became a cop...no surprise.
Diamond Dave

Carlsbad, NM

#371 Aug 13, 2009
Anne, who was that retired state cop that used to surface from time to time to threaten and harrass anyone asking questions? Is he still alive? Maybe his home town needs a letter to the Editor.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#372 Aug 13, 2009
Anne Restine wrote:
I know where Richard's wife works which is at he health office. I believe he still lives by Joe Stanley Smith school. I won't give out his direct address if it is still the same, but it is an idea.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#373 Aug 13, 2009
Anne Restine wrote:
Where does the lady live that says her grandfather is a good suspect? Can you give details as to what was said as to how she gathered the fact? I am just curious. I am not asking for you to release names, just the story, interesting.
Anne Restine

United States

#374 Aug 13, 2009
Diamond Dave wrote:
Anne, who was that retired state cop that used to surface from time to time to threaten and harrass anyone asking questions? Is he still alive? Maybe his home town needs a letter to the Editor.
His name is Charles Titus, he lives in Pecos, Tx. But he wasn't a state cop, just a city cop in Monahans, Tx. I think.... He got mad at me when I told him I was tired of playing games with him...so he just up and stopped emailing me. He is in his late 70's so I don't know if he is still alive or not. But I believe he is. I tried writing the paper once requesting information about him...trouble was his sister was the Editor of the paper...!!! I never got anywhere with that! He is a friend of the Blair & Hawkins ladies...that is when he got mad at me. When I asked him about his friendship with them! Go figure..right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carlsbad schools Superintendent Gary Perkowski ... (Apr '13) Jul 16 Frankenfool 86
News Carlsbad water park plans being finalized (Oct '15) Jul 11 oh well 11
News Carlsbad man, 61, dead after police shooting (Aug '13) Jul 7 Frankenfool 20
News 5 Carlsbad residents arrested as Drug Task Forc... (Apr '12) Jul 1 Litlovely1 103
unsolved murders (Dec '08) Jun '16 CuriousParty 83
News Carlsbad man facing child porn charges (Oct '11) Jun '16 DISGRACE 26
Dr. Charles K Smith, Choral Director (Sep '08) Jun '16 Peggy 1963-1966 14
More from around the web