Do all Garbage Trucks leak Hydraulic ...

Do all Garbage Trucks leak Hydraulic oil?

Since: Jan 09

Levelland, TX

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Next tme you're driving around town, especially on your own street, check out the hydraulic oil stain where the city Garbage trucks pick up your trash can or dumpster.

I can't find one street which doesn't have these stains.

The trucks leak every single time they raise a trash container. How many times does this happen in a day, a week, a year?

How do I get on the bidders list to supply hydraulic fluid to the City of Carlsbad? I wonder how much each truck uses in a year?
It must be an enormous amount, and I'm sure it washes into the Pecos river when it rains.

Maybe its the cause of the Golden Algae that kills off the fish.

Hey, city council, are you listening?
Curious George

Sevierville, TN

#2 Feb 6, 2009
I work with Hydraulic Cylinders and hoses as a living and the leak more than likely is coming from a leaky cylinder or the hoses might have gone bad. The reason you see the oil on the ground where it stops is when the Hydraulic Pump is pumping all the oil throughout the system. If you get a License Plate number and call EPA ( Environmental Protection Agency ) You could possibly get 10,000 Dollars just for that. In another state I had a friend see somebody leak some R134A ( Refrigerant for Cars, Refrigerators Etc... ) THey called EPA and reported and got money for that. Please take this step to clean up the Carlsbad Community.
cheep

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Feb 6, 2009
Caliche Kid wrote:
Next tme you're driving around town, especially on your own street, check out the hydraulic oil stain where the city Garbage trucks pick up your trash can or dumpster.
I can't find one street which doesn't have these stains.
The trucks leak every single time they raise a trash container. How many times does this happen in a day, a week, a year?
How do I get on the bidders list to supply hydraulic fluid to the City of Carlsbad? I wonder how much each truck uses in a year?
It must be an enormous amount, and I'm sure it washes into the Pecos river when it rains.
Maybe its the cause of the Golden Algae that kills off the fish.
Hey, city council, are you listening?
this oil on the ground is an efficeint and inexpensive weed control method....
Curious George

Sevierville, TN

#4 Feb 6, 2009
You can call EPA on individuals using it as weed control method also... 10,000 a pop. Everybody needs the money right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County planning document approved by commissioners Jul 4 old tree 5
Jury in on Kenny! (Mar '09) Jun 29 kenny_sanchez_neice 10
News One arrested after string of armed robberies Jun 28 None 25
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun 27 spydie 35
News Recycling survey hopes to find solution for city Jun '17 None 6
News DREAMers on edge over Trump on fifth anniversar... Jun '17 spud 17
News Issue of innocence: Is Tennessee man wrongly im... Jun '17 Madre68 1
More from around the web